Software

Old March 2nd 06, 08:33 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Default Software

I'm curious to know if list members think that it's desirable to manage
their profession/avocation with software and, if so, what features they
need.
-Lew

Old March 2nd 06, 08:45 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

"Lew" wrote in message

I'm curious to know if list members think that it's desirable to manage
their profession/avocation with software and, if so, what features they
need.

I try not to let software manage me. I prefer it the other way around.

rafe b
www.terrapinphoto.com

Old March 2nd 06, 10:12 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Lew spake thus:

"rafe b" wrote in message

"Lew" wrote in message

I'm curious to know if list members think that it's desirable to
manage their profession/avocation with software and, if so, what
features they need.

I try not to let software manage me. I prefer it the other way around.

What kind of software are you referring to: accounting software? tax
software? time management? what?

--
A: Top posting.
Q: What's the most annoying thing about Usenet?
Old March 2nd 06, 10:15 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

I'm curious to know if list members think that it's desirable to manage
their photographic profession/avocation with software and, if so, what
features they need.
-Lew

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
s.com...
Lew spake thus:

Old March 2nd 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

"Lew" wrote in message

... so do you use a software package or not?

Probably not the sort of "packages" you're thinking of.

Ie., there's no single package that deals with all
aspects of my "profession" or any single "avocation."

What sorts of packages did you have in mind?
Can you give examples?

rafe b
www.terrapinphoto.com

Old March 2nd 06, 10:50 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

I don't have any package in mind. I can't give any examples because
that's what I'm asking for. If you do use any "package," in any way you care
to construe that term, what is it? Otherwise, what aspects, if any, of your
interest in photography do you manage with your computer and what software
do you use?
-Lew
"rafe b" wrote in message
t...

Old March 2nd 06, 11:21 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

"Lew" wrote in message
t...

I don't have any package in mind. I can't give any examples because that's
what I'm asking for. If you do use any "package," in any way you care to
construe that term, what is it? Otherwise, what aspects, if any, of your
interest in photography do you manage with your computer and what software
do you use?

I use various image editors and viewers, RAW conversion
programs, scanner drivers, profile-generation tools, image-
cleaning tools (eg. NeatImage.) I use FTP to deal with my
website, and all the usual internet clients. I've thought a bit
about "digital asset management" but am still getting by with
a low-tech approach to all that.

At this point, the I'm sure the natives are wondering what any
of this has to do with darkrooms.

rafe b
www.terrapinphoto.com

Old March 2nd 06, 11:31 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

I see that you are reluctant to name names, perhaps wisely so. I have many
years of accumulated trips, projects, negatives, positives, prints,
developer time/temp combos, notes about same and storage solutions that I'd
like to relate to each other in an efficient way. It's a case of "analog
asset management" that stems from using a darkroom.
-Lew
t...

Old March 2nd 06, 11:55 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

In article ,
"rafe b" wrote:

At this point, the I'm sure the natives are wondering what any
of this has to do with darkrooms.

rafe b
www.terrapinphoto.com

Common knowledge.

Searching for a Clue one might be had amoungst
a whole herd of Clues.

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918

greg_____photo(dot)com