iPhone XS Max takes 4th spot in new DxOMark selfie camera ranking

Old January 24th 19, 04:23 AM posted to comp.mobile.ipad,rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

Default iPhone XS Max takes 4th spot in new DxOMark selfie camera ranking

On 1/23/19 PDT 5:28 PM, arlen holder wrote:
On Thu, 24 Jan 2019 01:15:08 -0000 (UTC), arlen holder wrote:

In fact, nospam, it's in second place overall, for the rear camera.
And in fourth place overall for the front camera output quality.

Alsmo. Tao.

Old January 24th 19, 11:39 PM posted to comp.mobile.ipad,rec.photo.digital,alt.cellular
Davoud

Alfred Molon:
Two Huawei phones are better than the iPhone?

Yes. The iPhone lacks an important featu a back-door into the
Chinese Ministry of State Security.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Old January 25th 19, 12:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.cellular
Alan Browne[_2_]

Two Huawei phones are better than the iPhone?

Two problems he

1. Talking about the "selfie" camera. Really? chuckle

2. Talking about DxO. Not the best reference.

--
"2/3 of Donald Trump's wives were immigrants. Proof that we
need immigrants to do jobs that most Americans wouldn't do."
Old January 25th 19, 05:36 AM posted to comp.mobile.ipad,rec.photo.digital,alt.cellular
arlen holder

On Thu, 24 Jan 2019 18:39:33 -0500, Davoud wrote:

Alfred Molon:
Two Huawei phones are better than the iPhone?

Yes. The iPhone lacks an important featu a back-door into the
Chinese Ministry of State Security.

Hi Davoud,

The fact that your imaginary belief system doesn't allow for facts, make
this thread necessary - where this thread is about facts.

Facts.
Yes, those funny things that your imaginary belief system doesn't comprehend.

Facts.

I realize you can't keep on topic, so I remind you of the stated topic.
o The topic is the Quality of Results (QOR) of the super expensive XS Max.

Fact: iPhones almost never (if ever) have the "best camera" QOR.

Fact: In general, there are from a dozen to dozens of Android phones with
better camera output QOR than "most" iPhones extant - from all the major
Android phone manufacturers, Huawei only being _one_ of many.

So while you would _love_ for the issue to be Huawei specific, the overall
issue is that iPhone camera QOR, while not bad, are almost never the best,
and, in general, overall, they rank on the _bottom_ of the top ten, with
generally ten to a dozen _better_ Android cameras on top.

The tested ranking of mobile phone QOR varies over time, where, in general,
the super expensive iPhones rarely rank even in the top five against
Android phones (Hauwei or otherwise)

Your political comment (whether true or false) doesn't change the facts:
o The iPhone XS Max quality of results is what we're talking about
o That phone has 2nd place overall but 4th on selfie cams in QOR
o In general, QOR of iPhone cameras is, ok, but almost never the best.

HINT: I think _once_ in the past few years has an iPhone ranked 1st.
Just once. And it only lasted for a short while, as I recall.

Facts.
Old January 25th 19, 09:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.cellular
Eric Stevens

On Thu, 24 Jan 2019 19:41:16 -0500, Alan Browne
wrote:

Two Huawei phones are better than the iPhone?

Two problems he

1. Talking about the "selfie" camera. Really? chuckle

2. Talking about DxO. Not the best reference.

Do you know of a better reference?

Eric Stevens
Old January 26th 19, 06:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.cellular
arlen holder

On Fri, 25 Jan 2019 22:17:33 +1300, Eric Stevens wrote:

2. Talking about DxO. Not the best reference.

Do you know of a better reference?

Ah! Bingo!

Thank you Eric Stevens for being an ADULT!

Yes, I know, it's not a high bar on this newsgroup.
But it's REFRESHING to see that at least some people on this ng are adults.

I have NOTHING against facts.
So if the canonical Apple Apologists have a BETTER overall reference,
let's hear it.

But all they do is claim that "the moon is made of cheese", sans any facts.

Alan Browne and I go way back.
o I used to think he was just incredibly (unfathomably actually) stupid.
o But I now think it's (far) worse than that.

Alan Browne actually _believes_ that there's a better reference.
Of course, it's entirely _imaginary_ - but the point is he *believes* it
exists!

And, he *believes* that this imaginary reference proves his point.
That is what's so scary about Alan Browne's mindset.

He's CONFIDENT that his imaginary viewpoint is supported by facts.
*And yet, Alan Browne can _never_ can come up with those facts.*
Old January 26th 19, 06:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.cellular
arlen holder

On Thu, 24 Jan 2019 19:41:16 -0500, Alan Browne wrote:

2. Talking about DxO. Not the best reference.

Hi Alan Browne,
As we all know, you're a canonical Apple Apologist.

Hence, you're not known to comprehend even the simplest of facts.

The fact is that you can't name anything BETTER than DXOMark.

I've been asking you Apple Apologists for _years_ to give us something better.

Your entire belief system is completely imaginary, Alan Browne.

You deprecate the _best_ that there is for overall mobile device reviews.
That's OK - but you supply NOTHING BETTER Alan Browne.

The fact is that you simply don't like facts.

You, and most of the Apple Apologists, hate facts, in fact.

And yet, they're still facts.
Facts are funny that way.
Old January 26th 19, 06:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
arlen holder

On Fri, 25 Jan 2019 03:14:59 -0800 (PST), Whisky-dave wrote:

Facts if you want the best camera don't choose a smartphone.

Hi Whisky-dave,

I don't know you, but the record shows that I've been on record
almost since smartphones came out saying the same thing.

So we agree.
But that's not the topic here.

You can make a sub-topic anything you want, where this is your subtopic:
o Subtopic: HEADLINE NEWS: SLRs are better cameras than mobile phones!

My point is that you stating a pseudo-meaningful statement is not added
value on this newsgroup, which is assumed to comprise experts.

Choose a product that suites best and for a lot of people the andriod system is NOT considered the best.

Again, you spout wonderfully meaningless pseudomeaningful statements.
You're pretty good at them, it seems as they come naturally to you.

But you haven't added a single iota of added value yet.

If you're not worried about the security issue then buy a Huawei .

You're really good at this pseudomeaningful off-topic bull****.
What is your point, Whisky-dave?

That you can spout pseudo-meaningful bull**** better than anyone else?

What results certainly NOT user experience.

You have a gift for pseudo-meaningful meaningless statements.
You really do.

Nothing yet you've said adds a single iota of technical value.

So, Rolex don't have the best daimonds in their watches.

I said you're GREAT at pseudomeaningful statements.
(You're not so great at the English language though.)

The best coffees won't be from starbucks or costa.

Wow. So pseudo-meaningful you are.
Where did you LEARN such pseudo-meaningful bull****?

You're really GOOD at this.

The finest wines aren't available at my local pub.

Fact: In general, there are from a dozen to dozens of Android phones with
better camera output QOR than "most" iPhones extant - from all the major
Android phone manufacturers, Huawei only being _one_ of many.

If you care, buy what you want.

You're an utter genius at making claims that can't be argued with.
But you haven't added a single iota of technical value.

The question is ... can you add any technical value?

If I were looking for a decent camera the last thing I'd buy is a phone of any make.

It's amazing how great your ADVICE is, Whisky-dave.
Where did you LEARN to acquire such technical ACUMEN Whisky-dave?

You've made a dozen idiotic pseudo-meaningful statements.
And yet, NOTHING OF VALUE has come out of you yet.

Nothing.
Absolutely nothing.

Ask anyone that is interested in taking anything but selfie
you'll most likely they have a camera that is far far better
than the best smartphone ever made.

Jesus Christ, Whisky-dave.
Do you really think you're adding value with this crap?

It's pretty clear that...
a. You're incredibly stupid
b. You can't possibly comprehend even simple things
c. All you can do is spout meaningless pseudo-meaningful bull****

It might be crap for posting to facebook, it might be crap at giving
you directions to the mexican pizza reaturant, it won;t tell you what
the weather is like the other siode of the world. You won't be able to
order from amazon or any other supplier from it. You wonlt be able
to watch youtube either. It won't be very good for storing music or
video. It'll have very limited access to camera acessories, you
probably won;t even be able to get a decent flashgun for it.

Um... ok.
Do you _really_ think you're "teaching" us something of value?

All you've said so far is that:
a. You're incredibly stupid (that is as clear as day),
b. So you _think_ you're adding value
c. By incessantly spouting idiotic pseudomeaningful bull****

But if your life revolves around selfies and social media
and you have little else in your life then you really do need a
phone with the very best camera and if that's all you can afford,
for others we are prepared to spend money on the products we
want and the more inteligent of us can work out which is best for us.

Jesus Christ.
The post is about the ranking of an iPhone camera.

You turn it into an idiotic rant against social media.

Are you really as stupid as what you write makes you appear to be?

How is 4th in 10 the bottom ?

Ah. I was _expecting_ you to prove you don't comprehend!

Hence, I _knew_ you would prove to be on the left-side of "mount stupid"!
https://i.stack.imgur.com/NJkCp.png

The tested ranking of mobile phone QOR varies over time,

No **** sherlock.

What's clear, by now, is that you suffer from being to the left of "mount
stupid", Whiskey-dave.
http://refusetobeboring.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/DK-effect-768x334.png

I don't have to prove this - as you proved it yourself.

FACT: You didn't comprehend a _single_ thing in the reference.
And yet, you _think_ you do.

That is, your CONFIDENCE in your abilities, is _clearly_ misplaced!
https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/1600/1*t2sx5h0UF-kljgC2sj2msw.jpeg

Your problem, Whisky-dave, as I see it anyway, based on what you write,
is that you _think_ you comprehend facts, but yet, you do not.

Hence, no amount of actual facts will sway you from your idiocy.

*You have too much CONFIDENCE in your mis-assessments of fact!*
http://www.seven-health.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Dunning-Kruger-Effect1.png

When testing the phone but on almost anything else they
are higher in user rating that's why they sell so many despite the price.

What's interesting is that you don't even get _those_ facts right.

I used to think people like you are just incredibly stupid.
o You _are_ incredibly stupid - but that's not why you're wrong
o It could be you're just pulling our leg - but I don't think it's that either

I think you exhibit a problem that is far worse (& sadder) than just stupid.
o You appear to _believe_ you comprehend facts - but clearly you do not.

That! Is scary.
Your CONFIDENCE in the wrong conclusions is what's so scary:
https://deanyeong.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Dunning-krugger.jpg

I didn't think people like you actually existed - but you clearly do.

HINT:
1. There isn't a single app functionality that isn't _already_ on Android
(not one "app functionality", all by its itty-bitty self, non jb, etc.)
And no, an API call for DNS is not an "app functionality, nospam.

2. There is so much app funcdtionaolity on Android that isn't on iOS that
it would be boring if I were to list them all (e.g., any app launcher,
organize desktops the way you want, automatic call recording, wifi signal
strength graphed over time for all access points, the actual accurate
cellular tower id - not just an idiotic lookup on the Internet that
geolocates to the middle of a river, a free non-crippled SMBv2 client that
accesses Windows 10 default shares, a calendar app that can import and
export iCalendar files, etc.)

That's off the top of my head of apps "I use" that aren't on my iOS
devices, but the list of application functionality NOT on iOS simply proves
that you're dead wrong on what you said, where I do take note that you
claimed "user ratings", which, if you compared with _all_ mobile phone
users, there's no way.

What you're claiming is almost completely "Apple" users, where, I don't
think you even realize how skewed any survey of "only Apple users" would be
when based on "user ratings" for Christs' sake.

NOTE: Until recently, I didn't think people like the lemon-juice bank
robber actually existed in the wild - but you prove that a fallacy.

No one gives a **** unless all you're interested in is telling
everyone else that you have the 'best'.

You sure do get all emotional about FACTs Whisky-dave.

Why do you appear to not like facts?

HINT: Whether you like facts or not, they're still facts.
Facts are funny that way.
Old January 26th 19, 06:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
arlen holder

On Wed, 23 Jan 2019 16:52:34 -0600, Savageduck wrote:

This is just another blatant TROLL from "he who is not worthy of any sort
of response".

Hi Savageduck:

We go back years, and years, and years, you and me.
I know you like I know the piece of worthless dirt under my fingernail.

Two facts:
1. You are a well-known Apple Apologist, and,
2. The post reported well-cited well-tested FACTS.

Facts.
Yes. Facts.

You know - those things you _hate_, Savageduck.

Why?
Because your belief system, Savageduck, is "imaginary".
Your belief system, Savageduck, does not contain facts.

I don't need to prove it - since you - Savageduck - prove it yourself.
You call all facts you don't like, trolls.

That's because your belief system is not composed of actual facts.
o Your belief system is wholly fabricated & entirely imaginary.

*Yet - the fact you don't like facts doesn't change that they're facts.*
Old January 26th 19, 06:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
arlen holder

On Thu, 24 Jan 2019 03:11:55 -0800 (PST), Whisky-dave wrote:

So it depends whether you want to spend X amount on just the camera or whether you want your smartphone to actual be used as a phone.

Hi Whiskey-dave,
You're really good at pseudo-profound bull****.
Really.

I mean that sincerely.
Pseudo-meaningful bull**** just comes naturally to you.

Given I realize instantly that Whiskey-dave adds zero value to this ng,
I simply point adults to this research paper which, IMHO, describes him:
http://journal.sjdm.org/15/15923a/jdm15923a.pdf

That paper is from:
o Judgment and Decision Making, Vol. 10, No. 6, November 2015, pp. 549¡V563

That peer-reviewed academic paper is titled:
o *On the reception and detection of pseudo-profound bull*****
o By Gordon Pennycook, et al.

While people like Alan Browne are perfect for left-side DK cognitive bias,
this Whisky-dave guy is just as perfect as a poster child for this paper's
research topic.