Casio camera question. (maybe other types as well)

Old March 24th 05, 02:11 PM
Steve

Default Casio camera question. (maybe other types as well)

Hi Guys,
My Casio QV-2900UX has a "Best shot" menu where you can photograph the
same person twice in the same picture by framing them within outlines
on the viewfinder but I can't figure out how it works.
I've tried getting the 2 frames on the LCD screen, taking one picture
and then the other but that didn't work.
I've tried framing one shot, depressing the button, setting up the
second shot and then releasing the button but that didn't work either.
Any clues?
Ta muchly,
Steve
Old May 10th 05, 11:16 AM
Wolfgang Weisselberg

Yes, I know it's an old posting I'm answering to ...

Steve wrote:
My Casio QV-2900UX has a "Best shot" menu where you can photograph the
same person twice in the same picture by framing them within outlines
on the viewfinder but I can't figure out how it works.

I know of 2 BestShot modes that may be the ones you referred to:

- Coupling Shot:
Combine 2 halves of a picture. E.g. you and your wife in
front of the London bridge, but without having a 3rd person
take the shot.
1. Photograph the left side. AF and AF-box is in the left half
only. Right half is gray and notably darker in the LCD
before the shot.
2. The left half of the LCD now not only works as a preview
(as usual), but has the image you shot overlayed, too.
No AF, no AF-box. You are to align the preview and the
overlaid image on the left half, then press the shutter for
the right half of the image.
= There you a a photo made from 2 half images.

- Pre-shot:
Precisely tell someone else how you want the image framed.
1. Frame the photograph, e.g. the London Bridge. AF is done
now as well! The image you shoot now will not be permanently
recorded, it'll just be used to convey the framing.
2. The image you just shot will overlay the preview. No AF.
3. Pass camera to stranger, saying "Hold it so that the images
are aligned, then press the button". The image thus shot
will be recorded as a normal snapshot, without any hint at
all from your first image.
= There you are, a snapshot of you in front of the London
bridge, and the bridge is exactly where you wanted it,
even though the stranger had no idea how to use a camera!

-Wolfgang