Freeware to mix photos & music & video to create a DVD slide show

Old January 25th 09, 02:37 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Bill Wells

Default Freeware to mix photos & music & video to create a DVD slide show

A friend showed me Sonic MyDvd which came with his camera and it does
exactly what I want but it's not freeware.

Is there freeware that will do what Sonic MyDVD does?

Namely:
a. We can slide JPEG photos onto it and attach an MP3 song or two
b. The program would automatically fit the pictures to the song length
c. The result would be a photo slideshow with music that we can burn to DVD

It's a plus if we can add MOV and MPG movies to the DVD with this program.

Sonic MyDVD did all that but it's not freeware.
Is there a free program download that creates a TV-playable photo/video DVD
slideshow movie like this?
Old January 25th 09, 03:28 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
LouB

Bill Wells wrote:
A friend showed me Sonic MyDvd which came with his camera and it does
exactly what I want but it's not freeware.

Is there freeware that will do what Sonic MyDVD does?

Namely:
a. We can slide JPEG photos onto it and attach an MP3 song or two
b. The program would automatically fit the pictures to the song length
c. The result would be a photo slideshow with music that we can burn to DVD

It's a plus if we can add MOV and MPG movies to the DVD with this program.

Sonic MyDVD did all that but it's not freeware.
Is there a free program download that creates a TV-playable photo/video DVD
slideshow movie like this?

If the software is on a CD could you not borrow it?

Lou
Old January 25th 09, 05:44 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Marv_M

Bill Wells wrote in
:

A friend showed me Sonic MyDvd which came with his camera and it does
exactly what I want but it's not freeware.

Is there freeware that will do what Sonic MyDVD does?

Namely:
a. We can slide JPEG photos onto it and attach an MP3 song or two
b. The program would automatically fit the pictures to the song length
c. The result would be a photo slideshow with music that we can burn
to DVD

It's a plus if we can add MOV and MPG movies to the DVD with this
program.

Sonic MyDVD did all that but it's not freeware.
Is there a free program download that creates a TV-playable
photo/video DVD slideshow movie like this?

Albeit may be argued that it's not really free, Microsoft Moviemaker comes
with Windows XP (could be on Vista also) and should be able to get the job
done.

Old January 25th 09, 06:19 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.video.dvd.authoring
Bill Wells

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 05:44:43 +0000 (UTC), Marv_M wrote:

Albeit may be argued that it's not really free, Microsoft Moviemaker comes
with Windows XP (could be on Vista also) and should be able to get the job
done.

Now that's a good idea!

Googling, I found where to get Movie Maker freeware
http://www.download.com/Windows-Movi...dlPid=10187903

But, I found the version 2.1 executable in the Microsoft Windows XP folder
"C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\moviemk.exe"

According to wikipedia, development of this program has been "abandoned"
"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Movie_Maker"

I wanted to update it to the latest version but after googling and finding
this email from Bill Gates himself, I decided I'd better leave well enough
alone.
http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/m...ves/141821.asp

I'm digging for tutorials now ...
Thanks!

Old January 25th 09, 07:23 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.video.dvd.authoring
Tony Cooper

Best source for info on MovieMaker: http://www.papajohn.org/

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old January 25th 09, 07:28 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.video.dvd.authoring
Tony Cooper

wrote:

[...]

Forgot to mention Photo Story 3...Papa John covers that well, too.
It's free from Microsoft and makes DVD slide shows.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...y/default.mspx

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old January 25th 09, 09:42 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
alvey

On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 18:37:49 -0800, Bill Wells wrote:

A friend showed me Sonic MyDvd which came with his camera and it does
exactly what I want but it's not freeware.

Is there freeware that will do what Sonic MyDVD does?

Namely:
a. We can slide JPEG photos onto it and attach an MP3 song or two
b. The program would automatically fit the pictures to the song length
c. The result would be a photo slideshow with music that we can burn to DVD

It's a plus if we can add MOV and MPG movies to the DVD with this program.

Sonic MyDVD did all that but it's not freeware.
Is there a free program download that creates a TV-playable photo/video DVD
slideshow movie like this?

Try a great piece of freeware from Microsoft (gasp!).
Photostory 3.
It does all you want and more. Extras include; pan & zoom, captions on pix
option & transitions galore. (If u like that sort of thing). You can knock
up a show in under 30 minutes.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...y/default.mspx

alvey
--
The best of the best in Freeware
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org
Old January 25th 09, 09:54 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
CJY

Have a browse at http://www.techsupportalert.com/ where you may find some
recommendations for what you are looking for.

HTH

Chris

Old January 25th 09, 01:35 PM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
John Corliss[_2_]

-40TUDE- alvey wrote:
Bill Wells wrote:

[...]

I installed it and it's pretty easy to use, however I couldn't find a
way to control the transition effects. Am I missing something?
Otherwise, yeah, it's pretty good. Would also like to be able to
maximize the program window too.

--
John Corliss BS206. I use nFilter to block all Google Groups posts
because of Googlespam. No ad, cd, commercial, cripple, demo, dotnet,
Old January 25th 09, 03:24 PM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
aracARI

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 05:35:54 -0800, John Corliss wrote:

I installed it and it's pretty easy to use, however I couldn't find a
way to control the transition effects. Am I missing something?

Over here, a Louisville Slugger, Willie Mays special, 36 ounces, this is
certainly yours.

No need to say "Thanks", John, back to watching BB's ass for sporgers
and ass plunderers you can go after you and....

"this is no ****. You don't want to **** with me. You have been warned."

Comforting words.