Full Moon Handheld

Old October 26th 07, 03:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Full Moon Handheld

I finally had a night with a steady atmosphere, so I
tried imaging the full moon handheld at 1000 mm (real focal length):

http://www.clarkvision.com/galleries...3f-8s-800.html

This was done standing up with no supports and not leaning against anything.
The full resolution image can be seen from the above page.

Roger
Old October 26th 07, 03:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Rudy Benner

"Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark)" wrote in
message ...
I finally had a night with a steady atmosphere, so I
tried imaging the full moon handheld at 1000 mm (real focal length):

http://www.clarkvision.com/galleries...3f-8s-800.html

This was done standing up with no supports and not leaning against
anything.
The full resolution image can be seen from the above page.

Roger

Impressive !!

Old October 26th 07, 03:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
James Silverton

wrote in message
I finally had a night with a steady atmosphere, so I
tried imaging the full moon handheld at 1000 mm (real focal
length):

http://www.clarkvision.com/galleries...3f-8s-800.html

This was done standing up with no supports and not leaning
against anything.
The full resolution image can be seen from the above page.

Quite impressive! You don't mention it but were you using some
form of image stabilisation?

--
Jim Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Old October 26th 07, 04:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David J Taylor[_4_]

wrote in message
I finally had a night with a steady atmosphere, so I
tried imaging the full moon handheld at 1000 mm (real focal
length):

http://www.clarkvision.com/galleries...3f-8s-800.html

This was done standing up with no supports and not leaning
against anything.
The full resolution image can be seen from the above page.

Quite impressive! You don't mention it but were you using some
form of image stabilisation?

Very impressive. Roger lists an IS lens, but not whether IS was enabled.

Cheers,
David

Old October 26th 07, 05:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Battleax

"Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark)" wrote in
message ...
I finally had a night with a steady atmosphere, so I
tried imaging the full moon handheld at 1000 mm (real focal length):

http://www.clarkvision.com/galleries...3f-8s-800.html

This was done standing up with no supports and not leaning against
anything.
The full resolution image can be seen from the above page.

Roger

Over exposed, lost detail. Just another unremarkable moon shot I'm afraid.
The fact that it is hand-held is completly irrelevant

Old October 26th 07, 07:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
He's So Funny!

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 08:18:50 -0600, "Roger N. Clark (change username to
rnclark)" wrote:

I finally had a night with a steady atmosphere, so I
tried imaging the full moon handheld at 1000 mm (real focal length):

http://www.clarkvision.com/galleries...3f-8s-800.html

This was done standing up with no supports and not leaning against anything.
The full resolution image can be seen from the above page.

Roger

Well, that's a little bit better. At least you are getting a little closer to
what a $400 P&S camera can do.

For those of you that don't know, Roger has been consumed with oceans of doubt
and wracking himself silly wondering how a hand-held $400 Lumix FZ18 could
possibly beat his $12,000 worth of DSLR equipment and L-glass, as was clearly
show in the past. It's not only possible it was already done. This is his
response to those photos and being reminded of it in every thread he posts in.
Where he is continually trying to (erroneously) convince others of the imagined
superiority of his camera and equipment choices.

That's still eating you up, isn't it Roger. If it wasn't you wouldn't have tried
doing this.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, go buy another $15,000 worth of DSLR equipment. That'll eventually turn
you into a reputable photographer one day.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old October 26th 07, 07:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

He's So Funny! wrote:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roger-

I've see you've made it; you have your own nym shifting stalker!

It's too bad there are so many cowards out there, but I doubt that'll
change at least on usenet.

--
john mcwilliams
Old October 26th 07, 07:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

On Oct 26, 2:12 pm, John McWilliams wrote:

I've see you've made it; you have your own nym shifting stalker!

It's too bad there are so many cowards out there, but I doubt that'll
change at least on usenet.

What's that old saying?
"Those that can .... do.
Those that can't .... change their names every day to try to make fun
of those that can."

Or something like that ....

Old October 26th 07, 08:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

Annika1980 wrote:
On Oct 26, 2:12 pm, John McWilliams wrote:
I've see you've made it; you have your own nym shifting stalker!

It's too bad there are so many cowards out there, but I doubt that'll
change at least on usenet.

What's that old saying?
"Those that can .... do.
Those that can't .... change their names every day to try to make fun
of those that can."

Or something like that ....

You banged the nail squarely, sir! And there are those who simply add
nym after nym.

--
john mcwilliams
Old October 26th 07, 09:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Saguenay

"Battleax" a écrit dans le message de news:

Over exposed, lost detail. Just another unremarkable moon shot I'm afraid.
The fact that it is hand-held is completly irrelevant

Sure, you'll prefer this 500mm NOT handheld:
http://baron.phpnet.us/50-500/crw_05...?size=1&exif=Y

(a few days before)...

mb

Full Moon Wayne J. Cosshall Digital Photography 24 January 6th 07 06:43 AM
Full Moon 2 RichG Digital Photography 1 January 4th 07 09:01 AM
The Moon handheld Frank ess Digital Photography 5 January 30th 05 01:31 AM
The Moon handheld dj NME Digital Photography 0 January 29th 05 05:00 PM
The Moon handheld dj NME Digital Photography 0 January 29th 05 05:00 PM