A Photography forum. PhotoBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PhotoBanter.com forum » Digital Photography » Digital Photography
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Because I care about the friends I've made here!



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old January 27th 18, 04:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 184
Default Because I care about the friends I've made here!

Look what's been found!

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/5...8571/analysis/

Views invited.

--
David B.
  #2  
Old January 27th 18, 06:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 21,974
Default Because I care about the friends I've made here!

In article , David B.
wrote:

Look what's been found!


that you're a troll who hasn't any clue about the crap he posts.

https://www.virustot


Views invited.


bad idea.
  #3  
Old January 27th 18, 07:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,048
Default Because I care about the friends I've made here!

On 1/27/2018 1:48 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , David B.
wrote:

Look what's been found!


that you're a troll who hasn't any clue about the crap he posts.

https://www.virustot


Views invited.


bad idea.


Why?

--
PeterN
  #4  
Old January 27th 18, 07:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 21,974
Default Because I care about the friends I've made here!

In article , PeterN
wrote:

In article , David B.
wrote:
Look what's been found!


that you're a troll who hasn't any clue about the crap he posts.

https://www.virustot


Views invited.


bad idea.


Why?


because he's a troll who has a stick up his ass about mac malware and
doesn't understand the links he posts, even posting links that cause
harm to users and going so far as claiming that anti-malware utilities
actually install malware rather than remove it.

nothing is 100% secure, but unless people install unknown apps from
untrusted sources, there is essentially no risk for malware on the mac.
  #5  
Old January 27th 18, 11:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,048
Default Because I care about the friends I've made here!

On 1/27/2018 2:08 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

In article , David B.
wrote:
Look what's been found!

that you're a troll who hasn't any clue about the crap he posts.

https://www.virustot

Views invited.

bad idea.


Why?


because he's a troll who has a stick up his ass about mac malware and
doesn't understand the links he posts, even posting links that cause
harm to users and going so far as claiming that anti-malware utilities
actually install malware rather than remove it.

nothing is 100% secure, but unless people install unknown apps from
untrusted sources, there is essentially no risk for malware on the mac.


That may be true. What you say about installing unknown apps, is true on
PC's as well. The greedy guys who look for free, or low cost
installation keys are only asking for a problem.


--
PeterN
  #6  
Old January 28th 18, 12:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
David B.[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 184
Default Because I care about the friends I've made here!

On 27/01/2018 23:37, PeterN wrote:
On 1/27/2018 2:08 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

In article , David B.
wrote:
Look what's been found!

that you're a troll who hasn't any clue about the crap he posts.

https://www.virustot

Views invited.

bad idea.


Why?


because he's a troll who has a stick up his ass about mac malware and
doesn't understand the links he posts, even posting links that cause
harm to users and going so far as claiming that anti-malware utilities
actually install malware rather than remove it.

nothing is 100% secure, but unless people install unknown apps from
untrusted sources, there is essentially no risk for malware on the mac.


That may be true. What you say about installing unknown apps, is true on
PC's as well. The greedy guys who look for free, or low cost
installation keys are only asking for a problem.


If you goes here https://www.clamxav.com and install the software, how
can you be sure that you are going to be PROTECTING your Apple computer,
not INSTALLING malware?

Always wondering.

--
David B.

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/ma...tware-3454926/
  #7  
Old January 28th 18, 12:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
nospam
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 21,974
Default Because I care about the friends I've made here!

In article , David B.
wrote:

In article , David B.
wrote:
Look what's been found!

that you're a troll who hasn't any clue about the crap he posts.

https://www.virustot

Views invited.

bad idea.


Why?

because he's a troll who has a stick up his ass about mac malware and
doesn't understand the links he posts, even posting links that cause
harm to users and going so far as claiming that anti-malware utilities
actually install malware rather than remove it.

nothing is 100% secure, but unless people install unknown apps from
untrusted sources, there is essentially no risk for malware on the mac.


That may be true. What you say about installing unknown apps, is true on
PC's as well. The greedy guys who look for free, or low cost
installation keys are only asking for a problem.


If you goes here [redacted] and install the software, how
can you be sure that you are going to be PROTECTING your Apple computer,
not INSTALLING malware?


here we go again with the trolling.

Always wondering.


and never learning.
  #8  
Old January 28th 18, 01:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
David B.[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 184
Default Because I care about the friends I've made here!

On 28/01/2018 00:45, nospam wrote:
In article , David B.
wrote:

In article , David B.
wrote:
Look what's been found!

that you're a troll who hasn't any clue about the crap he posts.

https://www.virustot

Views invited.

bad idea.


Why?

because he's a troll who has a stick up his ass about mac malware and
doesn't understand the links he posts, even posting links that cause
harm to users and going so far as claiming that anti-malware utilities
actually install malware rather than remove it.

nothing is 100% secure, but unless people install unknown apps from
untrusted sources, there is essentially no risk for malware on the mac.


That may be true. What you say about installing unknown apps, is true on
PC's as well. The greedy guys who look for free, or low cost
installation keys are only asking for a problem.


If you goes here [redacted] and install the software, how
can you be sure that you are going to be PROTECTING your Apple computer,
not INSTALLING malware?


here we go again with the trolling.

Always wondering.


and never learning.


If folk *LOG IN* here ....

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/ma...tware-3454926/


They can read in the 'Comments' section ...


FYI, ClamXAV is *NOT* free!

Tell me, how can one be sure that if one downloads the "free trial" and
installs the software, one isn't, in fact, loading malware ON to one's
Apple computer?

Who checks to make sure that this doesn't happen?

The user of the computer might well remain totally unaware that anything
may be amiss. Something to think about!

--
HTH

David B.
  #9  
Old January 28th 18, 01:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital, comp.sys.mac.system
Savageduck[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 15,541
Default Because I care about the friends I've made here!

On Jan 27, 2018, David B. wrote
(in article ):

On 27/01/2018 23:37, PeterN wrote:
On 1/27/2018 2:08 PM, nospam wrote:
In , PeterN
wrote:

In , David B.
wrote:
Look what's been found!

that you're a troll who hasn't any clue about the crap he posts.

https://www.virustot

Views invited.

bad idea.

Why?

because he's a troll who has a stick up his ass about mac malware and
doesn't understand the links he posts, even posting links that cause
harm to users and going so far as claiming that anti-malware utilities
actually install malware rather than remove it.

nothing is 100% secure, but unless people install unknown apps from
untrusted sources, there is essentially no risk for malware on the mac.


That may be true. What you say about installing unknown apps, is true on
PC's as well. The greedy guys who look for free, or low cost
installation keys are only asking for a problem.


If you goes here https://www.clxxx, how
can you be sure that you are going to be PROTECTING your Apple computer,
not INSTALLING malware?

Always wondering.


You certainly do not live up to your subject line.

Do you even think before before you crosspost and then repeat your obsessive
malware rant which is totally off topic in r.p.d.?

Though I have given you the benefit of doubt when some of your posts to
r.p.d. appeared benign, now it seems that the only solution is to add you to
my kill-file.

--

Regards,
Savageduck

  #10  
Old January 28th 18, 01:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
nospam
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 21,974
Default Because I care about the friends I've made here!

In article , David B.
wrote:


Tell me, how can one be sure that if one downloads the "free trial" and
installs the software, one isn't, in fact, loading malware ON to one's
Apple computer?

Who checks to make sure that this doesn't happen?


the cashier at the grocery store when it's not too busy.

The user of the computer might well remain totally unaware that anything
may be amiss. Something to think about!


no.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
More friends more money,get friends while get paid my god Digital Photography 0 October 20th 07 12:44 AM
"Friends are born, not made." !!!! By: "Henry Brooks Adams" [email protected] Digital Photography 1 February 1st 07 02:25 PM
Rebel XT, made in Japan, made in Thailand jazu Digital Photography 10 December 12th 06 05:11 AM
Chat With New Friends and girl friends [email protected] Digital Photography 2 January 10th 06 10:56 PM
Montres Allison watches made in the USA far surpass swiss made scams and ripoffs.... billjackson5 Darkroom Equipment For Sale 1 January 12th 05 01:37 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 PhotoBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.