Nikonians June Contest - Canyons

Old August 10th 16, 12:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Nikonians June Contest - Canyons

On 2016-08-10 09:08:45 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

On Tue, 9 Aug 2016 23:17:46 -0700, Savageduck

On Tue, 9 Aug 2016 21:44:04 -0700, Savageduck
On Tue, 9 Aug 2016 20:48:59 -0700, Savageduck
On 2016-08-10 03:33:12 +0000, Bill W said:
On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 15:09:34 +1200, Eric Stevens
wrote:

https://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcb...g_id=2&page=#2

or
http://tinyurl.com/jjr8z3l

Scroll

down

and

you

will find them:

Have I finally lost my mind, or are there a good number of HDR
"enthusiasts" on that site?

HDR today with the improvement in software is not the hideous thing of
just a few years ago, and can be useful when needed. The "Merge to HDR"
feature in Lightroom/ACR is very good at producing great balanced
32-bit images from RAW.
Then there are a few others which produce quite remarkable images
without a hint of the nasty glowing edge, over the top stuff of the
past.

I posted that only because on a quick look, a few of them looked a bit
garish. I have no issue with HDR itself. And someday I'll take the
time to calibrate this monitor, even though I use it mainly for text.

As always there is a time and a place for everything, and as usual
individual taste comes into play.

Try these two 5 shot -2:-1:0:+1:+2 exposure brackets using the good old D300S.
https://db.tt/UiRQD24C
https://db.tt/zuh0DwLh

The question I ask is "Do you want to capture a scene or create a
scene?"

I wamt to create an appropriate image with the tools I have at hand, be
it a scene, or a capture.

The farmhouse creates a scene, but the Bugatti is captured.

...er, OK!

(1937 Bugatti Type T57S Atalante Coupe owned by Ray Scherr?)

Yup!
That information is also in the EXIF data.
https://db.tt/wNdjfYMe

You might prefer this rendition:
https://db.tt/UFEfg4Ot

Water ...

Rain!

2010!

Savageduck

Old August 10th 16, 12:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

wrote:

[...]

Create, or interpret the scene. Not that either is a bad thing. this is
not street photography.

(1937 Bugatti Type T57S Atalante Coupe owned by Ray Scherr?)

--
PeterN
Old August 10th 16, 09:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Me

wrote:

https://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcb...g_id=2&page=#2
or http://tinyurl.com/jjr8z3l

Scroll down and you will find them:

Have I finally lost my mind, or are there a good number of HDR
"enthusiasts" on that site?

Some of the photos with overdone (IMO) HDR were taken with quite old
model cameras, in some cases where the original ex-camera EXIF data is
readable, it seems that some of the photos were taken years ago.

I guess when posting photos in a thread with a subject like canyons,
then people might select existing "popular" photos that they'd posted to
image sharing websites rather than rush to the nearest canyon with their
camera.

It seems to still be a trend with real-estate photographers, pushed to
cartoonish extremes. That doesn't appeal to me, but must work to "catch
the eye" or otherwise the agents wouldn't get them to do it.
Old August 11th 16, 06:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article , Me
wrote:

On 10/08/2016 15:33, Bill W wrote:
On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 15:09:34 +1200, Eric Stevens
wrote:

https://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcb...um=468&topic_i
d=1&mesg_id=2&page=#2
or http://tinyurl.com/jjr8z3l

Scroll down and you will find them:

Have I finally lost my mind, or are there a good number of HDR
"enthusiasts" on that site?

Some of the photos with overdone (IMO) HDR were taken with quite old
model cameras, in some cases where the original ex-camera EXIF data is
readable, it seems that some of the photos were taken years ago.

Nikon colours if you ask me...
--
teleportation kills

Nikonians MrB[_2_] Digital SLR Cameras 2 August 14th 07 01:21 AM
BWCA MN June Photo Contest ewla Digital Photography 1 June 27th 07 09:40 AM
BWCA MN June Photo Contest ewla Digital Photography 0 June 18th 07 06:52 PM
Pointers on photographing slot canyons Mike Russell Digital Photography 5 April 23rd 07 01:41 AM
Cum Drips Down My Chin, she might mercilessly climb for raw clean canyons, Loud Actor. Painius Digital Photography 0 June 27th 06 07:36 AM