Watch who you decide to fund on these public-funding websites...

Old August 9th 16, 02:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

Default Watch who you decide to fund on these public-funding websites...

"RichA" wrote

| While the amount here wasn't substantial, it shows that the best laid
plans often go wrong. There are reasons a lot of these people can't get
funding through traditional sources.

https://www.dpreview.com/news/801211...ackers-refunds

Does anyone take Kickstarter seriously? I thought
it was a fluff site for Millennials to share a little
money in exchange for the fantasy that they're
part of a cutting-edge, tribal community made
possible by tech. The post-community generation
seems to have a fascination with what they imagine
community might be like, had they ever experienced
it.

Old August 10th 16, 03:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS[_2_]

On 8/10/2016 6:22 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 9 August 2016 14:14:12 UTC+1, Mayayana wrote:
"RichA" wrote

| While the amount here wasn't substantial, it shows that the best laid
plans often go wrong. There are reasons a lot of these people can't get
funding through traditional sources.

https://www.dpreview.com/news/801211...ackers-refunds

Does anyone take Kickstarter seriously?

Seems some do.

Didn't someone jonas buy a lens via kickstarter.
I was a backer for teh game elite, as I'd played in back in the early 80s on BBC computer one of teh best games I'd played at the time, graphics were limited but game play was very good for a 32K computer.

So they wanted to release eleite bangerous on the PC and needed a million $ or so and amount for a Macs version, I put in £40. The games been out on the mac for and PC for over a year now.

A lot of artists use Kickstarter to help fund the recording of their
albums. They don't have a record contract and record the album on their
own and then find a company to distribute it. I've taken part in some
of these.

I thought
it was a fluff site for Millennials to share a little
money in exchange for the fantasy that they're
part of a cutting-edge, tribal community made
possible by tech.

or others that just wanted something made that they wanted to buy.

seems to work for some .

Old August 17th 16, 11:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , Whisky-dave
wrote:

Does anyone take Kickstarter seriously?

Seems some do.

Didn't someone jonas buy a lens via kickstarter.

I've bought two lenses from Kickstarter, and waiting for my third.

--
Sandman
Old August 17th 16, 02:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On Wed, 17 Aug 2016 10:07:19 +0000, Sandman wrote in
:

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

Does anyone take Kickstarter seriously?

Seems some do.

Didn't someone jonas buy a lens via kickstarter.

I've bought two lenses from Kickstarter, and waiting for my third.

Not sanded yet then... Good to know, I'll watch me back!
--
teleportation kills