Duck: did you snag Endeavour?

Old September 23rd 12, 03:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

Default Duck: did you snag Endeavour?

On 2012.09.22 22:04 , John A. wrote:
On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 20:47:20 -0400, Alan Browne
wrote:

On 2012.09.22 20:18 , John A. wrote:

I hear it's to be hauled through the streets on a large transport at 2
MPH or so, and that in some spots there will be only a few inches
clearance between it and the buildings it's passing between. As I
understand it just choosing the route was a challenge, requiring
months of work by volunteer engineers to find & verify one with enough
clearance and that can withstand the weight.

Not to mention cutting down over 400 mature trees. Those will be
replaced, and then some, by the museum but it will take 10 - 20 years or
more to get back to the same state.

A 2 for 1 replanting, I hear.

Any word if good use is to be made of the cut trees, perhaps
offsetting the need to harvest 400 other trees?

No idea. I suspect they simply went to compost or will be burned for
power (Not sure if CA has much wood residue CHP). The hardwoods in
there may have ended up at specialty suppliers.

--
"There were, unfortunately, no great principles on which parties
were divided – politics became a mere struggle for office."

Old September 23rd 12, 03:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

On 2012-09-22 12:44:50 -0700, Bruce said:

the Legend of LAX wrote:

I was standing literally feet from touchdown

How many feet was that, er, literally?

Go and check Dale's work

I'm not remotely interested in hearing your opinion of Dale's work, or
of anyone else's work for that matter.

Of course not. That might draw attention to your own body of non-work.

What a pity Dale doesn't seem to possess a voice of his own, and that
you feel obliged (as always) to dominate the thread instead.

Poor little Tony "Bruce" Polson. If he can't have it his way, attack
others.

Amusing or pathetic? Hard to say.

Old September 23rd 12, 03:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-09-22 12:44:50 -0700, Bruce said:

the Legend of LAX wrote:

I was standing literally feet from touchdown

How many feet was that, er, literally?

Go and check Dale's work

I'm not remotely interested in hearing your opinion of Dale's work, or
of anyone else's work for that matter.

In my opinion Dale does great work while at work at LAX. We cannot say
the same of anything we have seen from you.

You say it all when it comes to your character in your self-centered,
arrogant remark above. You are only interested in using these
photo-groups as a soapbox for your "special" opinion. If you are not
remotely interested in hearing my opinion of Dale's or anybody else's
work, then kill-file my ass, and you won't be bothered.

What a pity Dale doesn't seem to possess a voice of his own, and that
you feel obliged (as always) to dominate the thread instead.

Dale shares his impressive images in at least two binary photo groups
and there are some folks here who would certainly appreciate his work.
He doesn't have to say anything, his work speaks for itself

You remain impressive in the field of pomposity and your grainy images
of nothing.

Savageduck

Old September 23rd 12, 03:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-09-23 07:08:59 -0700, Alan Browne

On 2012-09-22 12:44:50 -0700, Bruce said:

the Legend of LAX wrote:

I was standing literally feet from touchdown

How many feet was that, er, literally?

Go and check Dale's work

I'm not remotely interested in hearing your opinion of Dale's work, or
of anyone else's work for that matter.

Of course not. That might draw attention to your own body of non-work.

What a pity Dale doesn't seem to possess a voice of his own, and that
you feel obliged (as always) to dominate the thread instead.

Poor little Tony "Bruce" Polson. If he can't have it his way, attack others.

Amusing or pathetic? Hard to say.

Amusingly pathetic.

Savageduck

Old September 23rd 12, 05:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

On 2012.09.23 11:55 , Bruce wrote:
Savageduck wrote:

In my opinion Dale does great work while at work at LAX. We cannot say
the same of anything we have seen from you.

Who cares? I welcome comments on my work from people whom I respect
and admire and from whom I can learn.

Of course! And what was their opinion on Tony Polson's (aka "Bruce")
Paris Match cover photo?

An amateurish bullying ex-cop
snapshooter passes none of the three tests, but there are plenty of
people who do and they have taught me a great deal.

As far as the "Royal We" goes, exactly the same comments apply to the
woeful snapshooters who populate the SI. Perhaps spending on tuition
rather than buying yet more expensive equipment and software would
elevate the standard? Unless of course you are as unteachable as
would appear, whether singly or as a group.

I've met many Brits in my life, and to be sure a few were a bit arrogant
and rude.

But most are very charming and polite - and self deprecating in that
modest, British way. Of course they were talented and had made
something of themselves first. All Tony Polson (aka "Bruce") is
talented at is insulting others while shielding the plain facts about
his mediocre, nothing existence.

Oh, Tony Polson (aka "Bruce"), congrats on finally getting those photos
off of railfan. That reduces the noise level of the photo universe
considerably.

Try to keep them off of the net now, will you. Maybe replace them with
your famous Tony Polson (aka "Bruce") Paris Match cover photo?

Old September 23rd 12, 07:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
PeterN

On 2012-09-22 12:44:50 -0700, Bruce said:

the Legend of LAX wrote:

I was standing literally feet from touchdown

How many feet was that, er, literally?

Go and check Dale's work

I'm not remotely interested in hearing your opinion of Dale's work, or
of anyone else's work for that matter.

Of course not. That might draw attention to your own body of non-work.

What a pity Dale doesn't seem to possess a voice of his own, and that
you feel obliged (as always) to dominate the thread instead.

Poor little Tony "Bruce" Polson. If he can't have it his way, attack
others.

Amusing or pathetic? Hard to say.

Pathetic.
The only thing he is interested in is what he thinks he needs to say to
try to bolster is own low self esteem.

--
Peter
Old September 23rd 12, 07:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Frank S

On 2012-09-22 12:44:50 -0700, Bruce said:

the Legend of LAX wrote:

I was standing literally feet from touchdown

How many feet was that, er, literally?

Go and check Dale's work

I'm not remotely interested in hearing your opinion of Dale's work, or
of anyone else's work for that matter.

Of course not. That might draw attention to your own body of non-work.

What a pity Dale doesn't seem to possess a voice of his own, and that
you feel obliged (as always) to dominate the thread instead.

Poor little Tony "Bruce" Polson. If he can't have it his way, attack
others.

Amusing or pathetic? Hard to say.

Pathetic.
The only thing he is interested in is what he thinks he needs to say to
try to bolster is own low self esteem.

Seems to me the subtext is visible when he does his thing and the crowd
responds: he doesn't exist unless someone is telling him what a **** he is.
He wins.

Stop telling him, he ceases to exist.

--
Frank ess

Old September 23rd 12, 08:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

On 2012-09-22 12:44:50 -0700, Bruce said:

the Legend of LAX wrote:

[...]

Are you saying that Tony Polson (aka "Bruce") is a troll?

Old September 23rd 12, 08:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-09-23 08:55:13 -0700, Bruce said:

Savageduck wrote:

In my opinion Dale does great work while at work at LAX. We cannot say
the same of anything we have seen from you.

Who cares? I welcome comments on my work from people whom I respect
and admire and from whom I can learn.

So, there is nobody in any of the photo-groups you infest, worthy of
viewing your immense and accomplished portfolio?
....and since by your own assertion that there is nobody here you
respect, or admire, one wonders why you actually bother posting
anything, since you are certainly not held in any level of respect, or
admiration in these rooms.

An amateurish bullying ex-cop
snapshooter

Actually a professional, successful, retired cop, snapshooter.

passes none of the three tests, but there are plenty of
people who do and they have taught me a great deal.

....and apparently none of these respected individuals loiter around
these rooms. So, why is it that "Tony/Bruce" wallows with the scum of
photography?

It seems you are using the opposite of the Groucho Marx ironic
question, "Why would I want to join a club which would want me as a
member?"

As far as the "Royal We" goes, exactly the same comments apply to the
woeful snapshooters who populate the SI.

No, I did not use, or even imply the "Imperial we", there are enough of
us here to speculate on your claims of authority in the photography
world, which are totally devoid of credentials.

....and yet the woeful "snapshooters" populating the SI have the
humility to submit their work for scrutiny and comment, unlike the
poseur you have proven yourself to be.

Perhaps spending on tuition
rather than buying yet more expensive equipment and software would
elevate the standard?

....and yet you seem to have done neither, or should I say you have
never provided evidence in word or action to prove that you have done
either.

Unless of course you are as unteachable as
would appear, whether singly or as a group.

Then, as an unworthy group you should consider a kill-file for the
bunch of us, or expending your energy elsewhere.
Unless of course there is another more anti-social reason for your
presence in these groups.

Savageduck

Old September 23rd 12, 08:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-09-23 12:08:02 -0700, Alan Browne