Opinions of online photo printing

Old August 14th 08, 04:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
James Silverton

Default Opinions of online photo printing

Hello All!

Until recently I had a high opinion of Kodak Ofoto for printing routine
4x6s rapidly at decent quality . They seem to have to have slowed down
recently and no longer have a pickup location convenient for me. I am
going to try RitzPix today even if they charge a little more. I will
print the same set of pictures at Kodak and Ritz.

Does anyone have any favorite online services? Quality, speed and
convenience are my primary needs, followed by reasonable pricing. Speed
includes time to upload and both Ritz and Kodak are not bad, IMHO.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Email, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Old August 14th 08, 10:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
James Silverton

James wrote to All on Thu, 14 Aug 2008 15:45:31 GMT:

Until recently I had a high opinion of Kodak Ofoto for
printing routine 4x6s rapidly at decent quality . They seem to
have to have slowed down recently and no longer have a pickup location
convenient for me. I am going to try RitzPix today
even if they charge a little more. I will print the same set
of pictures at Kodak and Ritz.

Does anyone have any favorite online services? Quality, speed and
convenience are my primary needs, followed by reasonable
pricing. Speed includes time to upload and both Ritz and Kodak
are not bad, IMHO.

Sorry to add to my own posting! Ritz is very fast (3 hours) and the
quality is impressive even if the price is $0.21 per print as opposed to
$0.15 for Kodak's 1-2 day turnaround with a $1.50 processing charge.

I have been informed that Kodak's vast range of retail pickup places is
still in effect, including CVS and Giant stores. My information on CVS
was incorrect even if I got it from a CVS manager.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland