What's an easy way to enter EXIF data?

Old December 12th 06, 03:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
if

Default What's an easy way to enter EXIF data?

Eugene wrote:

Peter Jason wrote:

After this, I want the option of burning a
watermark from EXIF in small type across the
bottom of the image (so as to be unobtrusive)
to make it easier for a slide show - bearing
in mind that the ultimate viewers don't want
to mess with software at all. I have tried
to burn such a watermark via "Exifer" but
this is limiting because the watermark image
extends to only half the width of the photo, and then the text wraps,
even though there is still plenty of room left for a single line.
This wrapping obscures some of the image.
Is there some way in "Exifer" to cancel this wrapping?

I wouldn't burn it into the image if I were you because someday you may
want/need that image without it. I'd try to find a slide show app which
will display the data.

Again, Irfanview is the solution, it can be set up to display any EXIF or
IPTC data on the fly in full screen mode. I have it set up to show
date, dimensions, focal length, shutter/aperture and exposure compensation
in the corner of the screen for purposes of reviewing new images, though in
fact you can also just press 'E' to pop up a box showing all EXIF details.

You can also burn Irfanview to a CDROM with the images to create a self-
contained slideshow disk to give to other people. I assume the customised
display settings can be included in such a disk though I haven't tried it.

We don't like their sound, and guitar music is on the way out.
--Decca Recording Co. rejecting the Beatles, 1962.
Old December 13th 06, 08:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Peter Jason

"if" wrote in
message
Eugene wrote:

Peter Jason wrote:

[...]

Thanks, I tried this and it works, though it
takes up some room at the side of the screen.
I'll keep looking.

Old December 22nd 06, 02:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Peter Jason

I have tried this and it works OK.

I use the Exifer 'slide show' to scan thru
the photos and the use 'CtrlE' to edit the
EXIF fields. And the template works OK too.

Is there any way to force the EXIF edit
dialogue box to open at a specific tab? And
is there a way to have the saved template
data appear automatically in the EXIF-edit
fields for the next photo?

Many thanks, Peter.

"t_rust" wrote
in message
oups.com...
Hi Peter,

I use Exifer:
http://www.exifer.friedemann.info/

Not sure if this is exactly what you are
looking for, but you can save
different exif "templates" and load them
into your photos as required.

Peter Jason wrote:
I have a OlympusE500 SLR digital which
records EXIF data automatically.

But I need to add extra such as "comments"
and "author".

Is there good software to handle this? I
am
thinking of something like an EXIF pop-up
window in front of a large display of the
photo so that all detail could be observed
before adding the comments & author etc.

But also some way to automatically save
the
last comments string, so that it could be
called up and pasted for use in subsequent
similar photos.

Often I have about 100 photos to process
at
once, so that any help would speed things
up
considerably.

Please help, Peter.

Old December 22nd 06, 04:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
minnesøtti

Peter Jason wrote:
I have a OlympusE500 SLR digital ...

I had a quick look at the titles of threads on the google groups
webpage, and I had an abberration when I read the title of this thread.
I read it as:

"What's a sexy way to enter EXIF data?"

:-))