Windows freeware to lock in a 3: or 4:3 aspect ratio for cropping

Old February 22nd 18, 09:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,alt.windows7.general
Eric Stevens

Default Windows freeware to lock in a 3: or 4:3 aspect ratio for cropping

On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 22:33:25 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

You shouldn't have put the 'yep' at the beginning of your answer.
That
way you were confirming that "we only have a single BMP obsessed
Windows user in this NG."

comprehension fail.

You explain it then.

The technical term is 'parse'.

that explains why. english is not source code that is parsed.

Hysterical laughter!

I was taught to parse sentences in English 75 years ago. I expect you
think it is a technical term applying only to computer languages.

it is in the way you're using it. context is key.

spoken language is not parsed the way source code is.

So?

Can you only parse source code?

whoosh.

Evasion noted.

nope. you *completely* missed the point.

You mean you have one? It certainly wasn't the one we started off
discussing.

If you do have a point, why can't you explain it?

Eric Stevens

Old February 22nd 18, 09:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,alt.windows7.general
Eric Stevens

On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 11:39:58 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

Can you only parse source code?

whoosh.

Evasion noted.

nope. you *completely* missed the point.

You mean you have one? It certainly wasn't the one we started off
discussing.

If you do have a point, why can't you explain it?

i did.

Standard evasion.

Enough. More than enough.

Eric Stevens

Old February 23rd 18, 05:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,alt.windows7.general
ultred ragnusen

ultred ragnusen wrote:

Thanks for that suggestion of PhotoScape, which has a fantastically
intuitive crop locked to aspect ratio mechanism, akin to that of FastOne.

For the tribal knowledge database, here's the final? summary...
# FastStone (the aspect ratio crop is the best - on top of the picture)
# PhotoScape (just as good as FastStone, if only we could make it sticky)
# Microsoft Photos (the aspect ratio crop is sadly below the picture)
# Irfanview (a good choice simply because it's often our main viewer)
# The GIMP (the aspect ratio crop is, like all things Gimp, cumbersome)
# ImageMagick (the aspect ratio crop is, like all things IM, batch)
# ImBatch (this seems to be a GUI-based front end to ImageMagick)
# ?PIcasa? (untested as Google drives me nuts killing their updaters)
# ?