New Bayer Sensor APS-C Cams from Fuji

Old February 1st 18, 04:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default New Bayer Sensor APS-C Cams from Fuji

Could this be a precursor to a Bayer XT?

http://www.cameraegg.org/fujifilm-x-a5-x-a20-xc-15-45mm-lens-officially-announced/

--
teleportation kills

Old February 1st 18, 05:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jan 31, 2018, android wrote
(in article ):

Could this be a precursor to a Bayer XT?

http://www.cameraegg.org/fujifilm-x-...ficially-annou
nced/

For what it is the X-A5 + XC15-45mm, with a 24MP CMOS sensor, and a whole
bunch of Fujifilm goodies, and ability to use all the X-mount lenses all for
$600 makes this a pretty good entry into the mirrorless World for folks
trying to keep costs down, or looking for lightweight kit.

https://ivanjoshualoh.com/2018/01/31/new-xc15-45mm-x-a5/

As far as a Bayer X-T goes, that does not seem to be on the cards with the
X-H1 (with OBIS) almost on us, and still using the 24MP X-Trans III. Then
with the X-T3 to be announced in the third quarter of 2018, and speculated to
have a new APS-C sensor somewhere between 24-30MP with no confirmation
whether it will be X-Trans, or Bayer, but the concensus is it will be a new
X-Trans IV(without OBIS).
..

Savageduck

Old February 1st 18, 11:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
newshound

On 01/02/2018 04:19, Savageduck wrote:
On Jan 31, 2018, android wrote
(in article ):

[...]

.

Nice to see the better macro capability. I'm still using a G10 for macro
instead of sticking a +3 on the X-E1.
Old February 2nd 18, 01:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Feb 1, 2018, newshound wrote
(in articleT5adnUJtheVFBe7HnZ2dnUU78NnNnZ2d@brightvie w.co.uk):

[...]

Which lenses are you using on your X-E1?

When you speak of +3, are you refering to extension tubes?

Have you considered upgrading your X-E1 to a new X-E3, the X-T20/X-T2, or
even this new X-A5?

The new generation of X-series cameras are leaps, and bounds ahead the first
generation such as your X-E1. I currently find myself owning an X-E2, an
X-T2, and an X-E3, along with four Fujinon primes, and two zooms.

Savageduck

Old February 2nd 18, 03:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
newshound

On 02/02/2018 00:08, Savageduck wrote:
[...]

I have three zooms and an 18 mm; not the lens they used to claim as a
macro/portrait, I forget which that is, but it's not what I would call a
macro lens.

When you speak of +3, are you refering to extension tubes?

No, close-up lens. Actually I meant +10, getting confused because I use
+3 on my glasses for close up work.

Have you considered upgrading your X-E1 to a new X-E3, the X-T20/X-T2, or
even this new X-A5?

I'd certainly like an X-T2 body, and the long zoom (for sports) one of
these days.

The new generation of X-series cameras are leaps, and bounds ahead the first
generation such as your X-E1. I currently find myself owning an X-E2, an
X-T2, and an X-E3, along with four Fujinon primes, and two zooms.

I realise they have improved a lot but I don't have unlimited funds. And
I still reckon the X-E1 and the original lenses are pretty good.

Old February 2nd 18, 05:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Feb 2, 2018, newshound wrote
(in article9eCdnZuaiZca4enHnZ2dnUU78Q_NnZ2d@brightvie w.co.uk):

http://www.cameraegg.org/fujifilm-x-...ns-officially-
[...]

You should get pretty good results with the extension tubes, otherwise there
is always the new XF80.

Have you considered upgrading your X-E1 to a new X-E3, the X-T20/X-T2, or
even this new X-A5?

I'd certainly like an X-T2 body, and the long zoom (for sports) one of
these days.

The new generation of X-series cameras are leaps, and bounds ahead the first
generation such as your X-E1. I currently find myself owning an X-E2, an
X-T2, and an X-E3, along with four Fujinon primes, and two zooms.

I realise they have improved a lot but I don't have unlimited funds. And
I still reckon the X-E1 and the original lenses are pretty good.

You might have an opportunity for that X-T2 body near the end of the year
after they announce/release the X-T3, and if the have a repeast of their
discounts. I guess you were not able to take advantage of the discounts last
year. There were some good deals on those long lenses the 50-140 & the
100-400. That was my opportunity to pick up the XF16mm f/1.4 which is an
absolutely amazing lens.

Savageduck

Old February 2nd 18, 07:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
newshound

On 02/02/2018 16:09, Savageduck wrote:
[...]

Didn't think the discounts were good enough last year, but certainly
keeping my eyes open.