Horrifying shutter shock examples

Old August 5th 16, 03:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default Horrifying shutter shock examples

On Thu, 4 Aug 2016 22:25:09 -0700 (PDT), Rich A
wrote:

Note that in its most benign state, it doesn't produce a blur so much as a drab-looking image caused by minor blur. The electronic shutters have their own problems (patterning on images, etc) but they do help with shock.

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/58105988

I shoot with the same camera/lens combo and while it does suffer from
SS, the range is very limited, and I see it only withthat lens. I have
four other Panny lenses, and none exhibit any effects from SS.

However, Panny really should find a better solution that simply
switching you to the electronic shutter. Can you say global shutter?
Old August 10th 16, 09:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

wrote:

Note that in its most benign state, it doesn't produce a blur so much as a drab-looking image caused by minor blur. The electronic shutters have their own problems (patterning on images, etc) but they do help with shock.

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/58105988

I shoot with the same camera/lens combo and while it does suffer from
SS, the range is very limited, and I see it only withthat lens. I have
four other Panny lenses, and none exhibit any effects from SS.

However, Panny really should find a better solution that simply
switching you to the electronic shutter. Can you say global shutter?

There must be technical issues with global shutters and larger sensors, otherwise I think we'd have seen them by now.

Well....yeah. But in the interim, maybe an electronic first curtain.
Anyway, it doesn't appear at all at any speed on the 12-35, 35-100,
7-14, 8mm, or 45-150.

OK, I forgot about the 45-150. It's just that damned 14-140 II where I
see it. Not a fatal flaw.