New York Thieves

Old April 30th 05, 03:43 PM
Bill and Lisa

Default New York Thieves

What amazes me is that I just bought a Canon 20 d, and could not buy one
from any of the large dealers that did no rip you off by sepeating all of
the factory packaged items, and selling them to you at super ripoff
inflationary prices. I got the body, and managed to get the battery,
charger, and lenses off of ebay. This is the last time I will deal with any
New york based camera dealer period. These dealers have the stock, and the
ability to do good honest business, but choose not to. As a result, I will
do everything in my power to become a Canon U.S.A. dealer, and sell barely
above cost, and not charge 86.00 for shipping to U.S. residents.

Old April 30th 05, 03:47 PM
Larry Horse

"Bill and Lisa" wrote in message
| What amazes me is that I just bought a Canon 20 d, and could not buy one
| from any of the large dealers that did no rip you off by sepeating all of
| the factory packaged items, and selling them to you at super ripoff
| inflationary prices. I got the body, and managed to get the battery,
| charger, and lenses off of ebay. This is the last time I will deal with any
| New york based camera dealer period. These dealers have the stock, and the
| ability to do good honest business, but choose not to. As a result, I will
| do everything in my power to become a Canon U.S.A. dealer, and sell barely
| above cost, and not charge 86.00 for shipping to U.S. residents.

Are you retarded?

Old April 30th 05, 03:57 PM
Musty

"Larry Horse" wrote in message
m...

"Bill and Lisa" wrote in message
| What amazes me is that I just bought a Canon 20 d, and could not buy one
| from any of the large dealers that did no rip you off by sepeating all

of
| the factory packaged items, and selling them to you at super ripoff
| inflationary prices. I got the body, and managed to get the battery,
| charger, and lenses off of ebay. This is the last time I will deal with

any
| New york based camera dealer period. These dealers have the stock, and

the
| ability to do good honest business, but choose not to. As a result, I

will
| do everything in my power to become a Canon U.S.A. dealer, and sell

barely
| above cost, and not charge 86.00 for shipping to U.S. residents.

Are you retarded?

Thats an insult to retards...

Old April 30th 05, 04:03 PM
Bill and Lisa

Hmmm. Sounds like you must both work for or own a new york camera
dealership. Why be insulting to someone trying to prevent others from
being ripped off?

Old April 30th 05, 05:30 PM
Steven M. Scharf

Hmmm. Sounds like you must both work for or own a new york camera
dealership. Why be insulting to someone trying to prevent others from
being ripped off?

Because not all NYC dealers are thieves. You almost certainly fell for a
"too good to be true" price, rather than doing any research prior to trying
to buy. A quick look at ResellerRatings.com would have told you all you
needed to know. There are several good dealers in the NYC area, including
Adorama, B&H, & Buydig. There are also dealers such as Amazon, Dell, and
Newegg, which are reliable.

eBay is about the worst place to buy high end camera equipment.

Old April 30th 05, 11:24 PM
Jeremy Nixon

Bill and Lisa wrote:

What amazes me is that I just bought a Canon 20 d, and could not buy one
from any of the large dealers that did no rip you off by sepeating all of
the factory packaged items, and selling them to you at super ripoff
inflationary prices.

Why not, exactly? B&H shows them in stock. Or did you get sucked in by
a too-good-to-be-true price?

--
Jeremy |
Old May 6th 05, 04:20 AM
David H. Lipman

From: "Bill and Lisa"

| What amazes me is that I just bought a Canon 20 d, and could not buy one
| from any of the large dealers that did no rip you off by sepeating all of
| the factory packaged items, and selling them to you at super ripoff
| inflationary prices. I got the body, and managed to get the battery,
| charger, and lenses off of ebay. This is the last time I will deal with any
| New york based camera dealer period. These dealers have the stock, and the
| ability to do good honest business, but choose not to. As a result, I will
| do everything in my power to become a Canon U.S.A. dealer, and sell barely
| above cost, and not charge 86.00 for shipping to U.S. residents.

Was that LePettit on 42cnd and 5th Avenue in NYC ?

The reason I ask this is because I just saw a CBS NY Channel 2 "Shame on You" report that
mirrors your experience were a MSRP for a point & Shoot was $99.00 and the store sold the
camera for $200.00 then charged ~$100.00 more for the accessories that are supposed to come
free with the camera.

So basically a $100.00 camera was sold to the customer for ~$300.00 !

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Old May 6th 05, 05:01 AM
John

What nationality are most of the owners, I bet not USA.
Another problem is that e-bay is full of the same crooks, and the law
protects them.

From: "Bill and Lisa"

Old May 6th 05, 06:28 AM
RichA

On Fri, 06 May 2005 03:20:57 GMT, "David H. Lipman"
wrote:

Was that LePettit on 42cnd and 5th Avenue in NYC ?

The reason I ask this is because I just saw a CBS NY Channel 2 "Shame on You" report that
mirrors your experience were a MSRP for a point & Shoot was $99.00 and the store sold the
camera for $200.00 then charged ~$100.00 more for the accessories that are supposed to come
free with the camera.

So basically a $100.00 camera was sold to the customer for ~$300.00 !

--
Dave

It's lots of them. Some don't even try to hide it. They'll advertise
a very low price for the camera, but if you look at what they are
trying to charge for needed accessories, it is shocking.
-Rich