[SI] General Announcement

Old October 7th 12, 03:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bowser

Default [SI] General Announcement

On Sat, 06 Oct 2012 11:03:34 -0400, SI Committee
wrote:

Dear SI participants,

The Committee regrets to announce that Alan Browne, who has served the
SI honorably and with dedication since January, has informed the
Committee of his decision to step down as SI director in order to pursue
other interests.

His resignation takes effect on 21 Oct 2012.

The Committee enthusiastically thanks Alan for his efforts and wishes
him success in his various pursuits.

The Committee, therefore, is presently seeking a new director. The
responsibilities of the director include:

- soliciting ideas for mandates and selecting them
- announcing mandates on the various newsgroups
- working with the SI Committee to maintain and evolve the Rulz
- maintain the SI website on PBase
- receiving submissions and verifying their compliance to the Rulz
- Posting the images on Pbase.
- Posting appropriate announcements to the newsgroups.
- The director is also the chairman of the SI Committee

The estimated effort in the above is a few hours per month.

On reception of candidacy of qualified directors, the Committee will
select and announce the new director as soon as possible. On selection
as director the successful candidate shall also assume the chairmanship
of the SI Committee.

Please submit your application to: shootinphotos AHT gmail DAHT com

Sincerely,

The Committee

I think you'll get a lot more responses if you lay out the generous
retirement package committee members get. I was able to retire in Bora
Bora with mine.
Old October 7th 12, 03:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

On 2012.10.07 10:15 , Bowser wrote:

I think you'll get a lot more responses if you lay out the generous
retirement package committee members get. I was able to retire in Bora
Bora with mine.

Sadly the treasury has not kept up in these lean times so it would be
unprofessional to suggest there is a guarantee for such a generous
reward. You timed your exit well.

--
"There were, unfortunately, no great principles on which parties
were divided – politics became a mere struggle for office."

Old October 8th 12, 01:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bowser

wrote:

[...]

Are you sure that wasn't Tora Bora?

Desirable, mostly underground residence in the Afghan mountains,
formerly the hideout of the late O bin L and built with generous
funding from the CIA.

Crap. That explains the lack of those "over water" huts I was looking
forward to. And I should've packed some warmer clothes.
Old October 8th 12, 07:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

On 2012.10.08 12:54 , Bruce wrote:

Browne has done it before. He knows exactly what it involves, and he
confidently states that it only needs a few hours a month. So why on
earth did he take the SI on again, only to discard it mere months
later like a used Kleenex?

I do not need to explain myself to anyone - least of all Tony Polson
(aka Bruce) the least talented photographer to ever post here. I guess
you could spend more time trainspotting - there's a noble pastime -
usually associated with people who aren't terribly bright or interesting.

Or why not show your cover photo from Paris Match? Or was that just a
lie? Or more of your grainy, out of focus and under exposed choo-choo
photos. Or why not a "product photo" (you know - the one from photo.net
that you took down just like you took down your crappy train shots.

Perhaps he decided to get his teeth fixed. That would explain the
lack of time. At a few hours a month, even the best dentist would
take several years. ;-)

Cheap shot Polson - no surprise. Some troll asshole posted that photo
- it was not my mouth. There is nothing wrong with my teeth. Prove it
otherwise you slimy coward.

Old October 8th 12, 11:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
PeterN

On 10/8/2012 2:11 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
[...]

You've been plonked, yet he responds to you.
I called it a long time ago, when he forgot he was reading my postings.

--
Peter