Another Photo-Journalist added to the roll of honor.

Old February 1st 11, 02:30 AM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
peter

Default Another Photo-Journalist added to the roll of honor.

On 1/30/2011 9:41 PM, David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 1/30/2011 3:03 PM tony cooper spake thus:

I think you're being excessively dense here, almost wilfully obtuse, but
I'll play along anyhow.

The point I was trying to make is that when discussing the Vietnam War
with an American audience, the number of dead is inevitably given as
50-something thousand. (Savageduck pointed out that the actual number is
close to 58K.) Never a *mention* of the far greater losses on the other
side. To me, this is an unconscionable omission. Even if it is written
by an American author in an American media organization to an American
audience.

Either human life is worth exactly the same everywhere around the world
or it isn't. Or, as Savageduck seems to agree, we're hypocrites.

In some cultures, hopefully in the US, all life is equally valuable.
Consider that if a culture devalues the lives of its own people, it is
difficult to place a higher value on the life of a member of that
culture, than its own culture does.

--
Peter