Digital Camera Purchase Need Help

Old January 2nd 04, 12:58 AM
anon

Default Digital Camera Purchase Need Help

Budget = 800 bucks +- 100

looking for a 3 to 6 megapixel digital camera.... and I want a good zoom
also
an HP photo smart printer 249.99

so far ive narrowed it down to the following,

Fuji S5000 - 399.99 3.1 Megapixel 10x optical
S3000 - 299.99 3.2 MP 6x optical

Sony PSC V1 599.99 5.0 MP 4x Optical
P92 379.99 5.0 MP 3x Optical
P10 449.99 5.0 MP 3x optical

Olympus C740 449.99 3.2 MP 10x Opt

Any and all opinions appreciated as far as these brands are concerned
and what level of Megapixels i need for nice 35mm looking type of photos
at a 8x10 level of pictures. Zoom is important to me and i like the way
cameras
look with nice big lenses so im leaning towards the Fuji S5000 becuz of
price
looks and zoom... i just don't want to get stuck with a ****ty brand or bad
Quality.

Thanks for feed back..

Miles

Old January 2nd 04, 01:14 AM
Hogleg44/40

Hello, anon!

The Sony 717 is down to that price range now that the 828 is out. Check it
out. 5MP, 5X zoom, and lots of features. A real good camera!

a looking for a 3 to 6 megapixel digital camera.... and I want a good zoom
a also
a an HP photo smart printer 249.99

a so far ive narrowed it down to the following,

a Fuji S5000 - 399.99 3.1 Megapixel 10x optical
a S3000 - 299.99 3.2 MP 6x optical

a Sony PSC V1 599.99 5.0 MP 4x Optical
a P92 379.99 5.0 MP 3x Optical
a P10 449.99 5.0 MP 3x optical

a Olympus C740 449.99 3.2 MP 10x Opt

a Any and all opinions appreciated as far as these brands are concerned
a and what level of Megapixels i need for nice 35mm looking type of photos
a at a 8x10 level of pictures. Zoom is important to me and i like the
a way cameras
a look with nice big lenses so im leaning towards the Fuji S5000 becuz
a of price
a looks and zoom... i just don't want to get stuck with a ****ty brand or
a bad Quality.

a Thanks for feed back..

a Miles

Old January 2nd 04, 03:00 PM
MightyKitten

I agree with Hogleg44/40:
If you can get a Sony 707 or 717 for a nice price, go for it.

And concerning your photo printer... Also look for the canon range.
The photosmart printer series are called that way because the printer has a
build-in flashcard reader. IMHO not realy something to go for, unless you
realy realy want to be able to print phot's right from your Camera. If you
can live with printing through your PC, you realy should take a look at the
canon range. Especialy if you are going to print a lot. 4 seperate int
cardridges will be quite cost-effective if you print fulll-color. The Canon
i560 is my personal favorite, but others will also do the same job. The
Canon i560 is about 140 Euro's (So you could pend the extra cash to the
camera, media or aditional battery)

"anon" schreef in bericht
m...

Old January 3rd 04, 06:08 AM
Me

If you can go a little higher, get the Canon Digital Rebel ($999 w/lens,
too new to get any discounts). It is far better than any of the ones you
listed. I got mine about a month ago and am really pleased.

Old January 3rd 04, 06:10 PM
CaptainKrunch

I am one of the last people to push Sears as a place to buy a camera but
here is the deal. They have the 717 Sony model for $799.99. Bestbuy.com
(Which I would not buy from because if you want to return anything they
stores wont return it you have to go through the online store which is
actually a seperate business from my understanding) has it for $720. Now
keep in mind there is a $100 mail in rebate through Sony right now for this
camera. So what I would do is print out the order page through Bestbuy.com
and go to your local Sears store. They will price match plus 110% of the
difference so they should end up charging you $720- 110% ($88) of the
difference so you will pay $632 plus tax at Sears then you will get the $100
back from Sony so you are looking at $532 for the 717 plus tax. How can you
beat that?

CaptainKrunch

Old January 3rd 04, 06:18 PM
CaptainKrunch

The camera would be $720-$8 at Sears so $712 - $100 Sony rebate. The
camera would be $612 plus tax not the $532 I posted previous.

CaptainKrunch