How much for 256MB memory card

Old August 9th 03, 12:34 PM
Lucas Tam

Default How much for 256MB memory card

"richmac" wrote in news:9L0Za.708907$Vi5.16240187
@news1.calgary.shaw.ca:

Wonder how much would I have to pay for a 256MB SD memory card in Tokyo,
Osaka or Hong Kong?

It's like $110 Candian plus 14 and 1/2% tax where I live.

It's only 86.00 in Toronto : )

http://www.canadacomputers.com/flash.html#fla

I always thought Alberta had no provincial tax.

--
Lucas Tam )
Old August 9th 03, 06:14 PM
polvoronn

we're in British Columbia =(

Old August 9th 03, 09:51 PM
Lucas Tam

"polvoronn" wrote in news:TZ9Za.712479
:

we're in British Columbia =(

Oh oops, I inferred you were in Alberta because of your news server.

Try NCIX.com, they carry a lot of flash cards for a good price, but I don't
know if they have any SD Cards.

--
Lucas Tam )
Old August 13th 03, 06:11 PM
Tony Low

Have no idea how true this is, but someone once told me that Toronto, Canada
is one of the cheapest place to buy computer hardware even compared to many
places in the states. Any comments?

P.S. Well, of course, you must know where to look..:-)

.. .

Old August 14th 03, 05:48 AM
Cameron

Tony Low wrote:

Have no idea how true this is, but someone once told me that Toronto,
Canada is one of the cheapest place to buy computer hardware even
compared to many places in the states. Any comments?

P.S. Well, of course, you must know where to look..:-)

You can pick up a 256MB SanDisk(regular speed) CF Card in Toronto for
$84.00 + %7 GST + %8 PST = $96.60 CDN. At todays exchange rate that
would be about $72 US, taxes in. You Yanks or any other foreign
national can claim back the %7 GST from the Federal Government.

If you do decide to head to Toronto to shop for computer stuff, the best
thing to do is to head to College Street and Spadina Avenue. There are
about 10 or so computer stores there and you can just walk around and
find the best price. Some of the stores price match so if you can find
a better price some where in the Greater Toronto Area and prove it to
them they'll knock off a bit more. Probably best to bring Canadian
Dollars or exchange your U.S. Dollars at a bank instead of paying them
directly in U.S. funds. Mind you these are "Mom and Pop" stores so they
can have some pretty "strange" exchange policies and make sure if the
price includes a manfacturer rebate that the manufacturer rebate is
valid in your country.

Here is one place in Toronto that usually has good prices:

http://www.canadacomputers.com