Slide copying on D70?

Old December 22nd 04, 01:39 AM
david pirie

Default Slide copying on D70?

Hi folks,
I am eagerly awaiting the delivery of a new Nikon D70 with 18-70mm zoom and
had a question about slide copying. I have a Ohnar zoom slide copying
attachment that I used on my old Nikon FE, will I be able to us this
attachment on the D70?
Thanks in advance.
dp
Old December 22nd 04, 04:35 PM
Seymore

I don't see why not. Try it when you get the D70.

Seymore...
www.SonyCams.com
Sony F717 / P50
Nikon D70, FM2n, SB22 SpeedLight
Nikon MF 50mm f1.4 -- AF 60mm f2.8 macro
Nikon AF 24-50mm f3.3/4.5 -- AF 35-135mm f3.5/4.5
Tokina AT-X 100-300mm f4 -- 2x teleconverter
remove "REMOVE" to reply directly

7.142...

Old December 23rd 04, 10:44 PM
Melvin Robinson

I have the same question. I have lots of slides to convert to digital
and a slide copier for my film SLR. I have my eye on a digital SLR
and wondered what the result of using the slide copier would be.

Give it a try and post your results.

Mel

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 09:35:32 -0700, "Seymore"
wrote:

I don't see why not. Try it when you get the D70.

Seymore...
www.SonyCams.com
Sony F717 / P50
Nikon D70, FM2n, SB22 SpeedLight
Nikon MF 50mm f1.4 -- AF 60mm f2.8 macro
Nikon AF 24-50mm f3.3/4.5 -- AF 35-135mm f3.5/4.5
Tokina AT-X 100-300mm f4 -- 2x teleconverter
remove "REMOVE" to reply directly

. 97.142...

Old December 24th 04, 12:18 AM
John Francis

Generally, the result is unsatisfactory. Slide copiers are
designed for a full-frame field of view. Usimg them with an
APS-sized sensor as found in most DSLRs generally results in
copying only the central portion of the slide.

While the OP referred to a zoom slide copier, the only ones
of these that I have seen can zoom in to select only part of
the frame, but can't zoom out to a field of view wider than
the entire slide to be copied (which is what you would need
to get the whole original into the field of view of the DSLR
sensor).

I know a couple of people who have succesfully used one of
the slide copiers designed for use with a bellows attachment.

Old January 1st 05, 09:23 PM
paul

Here's a $75 attachment that says it's good on a D70:
http://www.panwebi.com/default.asp?sp=1177172
I'd also be real curious to see the results.

wrote:

I don't see why not. Try it when you get the D70.

Seymore...
www.SonyCams.com
Sony F717 / P50
Nikon D70, FM2n, SB22 SpeedLight
Nikon MF 50mm f1.4 -- AF 60mm f2.8 macro
Nikon AF 24-50mm f3.3/4.5 -- AF 35-135mm f3.5/4.5
Tokina AT-X 100-300mm f4 -- 2x teleconverter
remove "REMOVE" to reply directly

6.97.142...