Qx2 about Beseler 23s

Old March 9th 04, 09:07 PM
KM

Default Qx2 about Beseler 23s

Do the Beseler enlargers leave enough space to print a black border around a
6x9 negative? And is there an aftermarket antinewton glass negative carrier
for them? I think I'd prefer these to the negaflat system.

Thanks~!

Old March 9th 04, 10:43 PM
Gregory W Blank

In article
,
"KM" wrote:

Do the Beseler enlargers leave enough space to print a black border around a
6x9 negative? And is there an aftermarket antinewton glass negative carrier
for them? I think I'd prefer these to the negaflat system.

Thanks~!

The question would be better phrased do the Besler negative carriers
allow for black border printing. The answer would then be is it a full frame
carrier. If it is not then you must file the carrier out to do so or use a glass
carrier. You are better off getting someone to special cut the Newton glass
for the carrier you may have.
--
LF website http://members.bellatlantic.net/~gblank

Old March 10th 04, 04:15 AM
RWatson767

KM
Qx2 about Beseler 23s

Do the Beseler enlargers leave enough space to print a black border around a
6x9 negative? And is there an aftermarket antinewton glass negative carrier for
them? I think I'd prefer these to the negaflat system

There is or was a 6X9 glass carrier for a 23C. But I am sure it will not allow
enough space to print the desired glass border. Instead place a weighted mask
the size if the easel framing on the print, lift or remove the blades and use a
flashlight to expose the remaining paper for the effect you desire.
If no to the above send me a 6X9 carrier and I will cut it out and mount glass
in it. Please reply privately.
Bob AZ

Old March 11th 04, 06:14 AM
KM

Thanks for the generous offer - I can't accept it this moment because I
don't yet have the enlarger in question (or any enlarger, for that matter -
which is why I'm asking).