Fuji Acros

Old October 28th 04, 05:09 AM
LR Kalajainen

Default Fuji Acros

Anyone tried the new Fuji Acros 100 yet?
Old October 28th 04, 07:34 AM
Vincent Becker

LR Kalajainen a écrit :

Anyone tried the new Fuji Acros 100 yet?

You mean there is a new 120 film in BW? I thought film was dead :-)

--
Vincent Becker
Photographie et appareils anciens - Photography and classic cameras
Old October 28th 04, 12:35 PM
Donald Qualls

Vincent Becker wrote:

LR Kalajainen a écrit :

Anyone tried the new Fuji Acros 100 yet?

You mean there is a new 120 film in BW? I thought film was dead :-)

Unless you're talking about a very recent reformulation, Acros 100 has
been out for well over a year; I shot a roll in summer of 2003. As I
recall, it was quite an okay film, but I haven't done much ISO 100 since
getting back into photography in 2003, so I can't really compare it
against, say, Plus-X or T-Max 100. It's reputed to be an epitaxial
grain, more like Delta 100 than T-Max 100.

--
The challenge to the photographer is to command the medium, to use
whatever current equipment and technology furthers his creative

and don't expect them to be perfect.
Old October 28th 04, 03:42 PM
LR Kalajainen

Donald Qualls wrote:

Vincent Becker wrote:

LR Kalajainen a écrit :

Anyone tried the new Fuji Acros 100 yet?

You mean there is a new 120 film in BW? I thought film was dead :-)

Unless you're talking about a very recent reformulation, Acros 100 has
been out for well over a year; I shot a roll in summer of 2003. As I
recall, it was quite an okay film, but I haven't done much ISO 100 since
getting back into photography in 2003, so I can't really compare it
against, say, Plus-X or T-Max 100. It's reputed to be an epitaxial
grain, more like Delta 100 than T-Max 100.

Yes, it has been out for a year or so. But Photo Techniques just
reviewed it rather glowingly, and given the decline in availability of
other beloved films, I've ordered a brick of the roll film for testing.
That's why I'm asking if anyone's used it, and what results they've
discovered. Might give me a starting point. Unfortunately, the sheet
film only comes in Quickload packets rather than in ordinary boxes.
Old October 28th 04, 07:06 PM
Gregory W Blank

LR Kalajainen wrote:

Anyone tried the new Fuji Acros 100 yet?

I reviewed the sheet film version for
View Camera magzine last year.

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918
Old October 28th 04, 09:52 PM
Donald Qualls

LR Kalajainen wrote:

Donald Qualls wrote:

Unless you're talking about a very recent reformulation, Acros 100 has
been out for well over a year; I shot a roll in summer of 2003. As I
recall, it was quite an okay film, but I haven't done much ISO 100
since getting back into photography in 2003, so I can't really compare
it against, say, Plus-X or T-Max 100. It's reputed to be an epitaxial
grain, more like Delta 100 than T-Max 100.

Yes, it has been out for a year or so. But Photo Techniques just
reviewed it rather glowingly, and given the decline in availability of
other beloved films, I've ordered a brick of the roll film for testing.
That's why I'm asking if anyone's used it, and what results they've
discovered. Might give me a starting point. Unfortunately, the sheet
film only comes in Quickload packets rather than in ordinary boxes.

Unfortunately, the only roll of Acros I've shot was developed by a lab,
before I had everything set up to develop my own film.

Old October 28th 04, 11:04 PM
LR Kalajainen

Gregory W Blank wrote:

In article ,
LR Kalajainen wrote:

Anyone tried the new Fuji Acros 100 yet?

I reviewed the sheet film version for
View Camera magzine last year.

Thanks, I'll dig it out. Must have missed it.
Old October 29th 04, 09:04 PM
stefano bramato

Anyone tried the new Fuji Acros 100 yet?

HI there!
Ok I use with my rolleiflexes and with my contax Acros 100 and Neopan
400 in 90% of times.
Fuji Acros is a superb film. You can do everything you want with it,
just changing time in developing. It is very very fine grained and give
some superb greysh tones or super contrasts.
It seems to have more than one personality, it can be a bomb or a
feather. For me it's the best 100 ISO in the market, in every format
that I use, believe me. It can be expained as "a modern film with old
character".Once you try you never come back, like me. Maybe is slightly
expensive than other brands but no TMX or DELTA can beat this grain and
emulsion, if well developed.

Once shot can be he
http://www.bramatobros.com/gallerie/...ana/index.php?
directory=.&currentPic=2
The scanner don't have enough rendition to show the beaty of this shot.

I prefer to develop it in id-11 but now i'm tryng to develop in Xtol and
HC110.

ciao,
Stefano

--
Non è bello cio che è bello figuriamoci cio che è brutto!
Ed io imparo.