Ripe Apples

Old November 22nd 17, 04:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Ripe Apples

On Nov 21, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 11/21/2017 4:46 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 20 November 2017 17:05:14 UTC, PeterN wrote:
On 11/20/2017 5:44 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:

snip

I did that too, I didn't need to take the computer apart either.
For me technology is still moving fast enoguh for me to to want to leave
it 8 years before upgrading, you prefer upgrading individual components,
I prefer for the most part getting a new computer.

You must have more money than I:

Perhaps or I just spend more wisely, I wouldn't spend 400 on a graphics
card unless I was well into gaming which I'm not.

And just where did that come from.

my earlier quote from Cato is applicable he

"Emas non quod opus est, sed quod necesse est. Quod non opus est, asse
carum est."

Me : When you can't think for yourself, quote someone else. Stardate 95491.5

When somebody says things well, why reinvent the wheel.

Choke on these:

Life is not a spectacle, or feast; it is a predicament.

George Santayana

Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It’s the transition that’s
Troublesome.

Isaac Azimov

Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them
misunderstood.

H. L. Mencken

Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.

H. L. Mencken

Savageduck

Old November 22nd 17, 04:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

If one is preparing images that will be not be viewed on a
Retina monitor, why would they need to be prepared on one.

by that reasoning, all you need is a cheap display because that's what
most people have.

also, since a 1080p display only has 2 megapixels, there's no need for
anything beyond a 20 year old 2 megapixel nikon coolpix 950.

the reason to get a retina display is so that the results are better no
matter what output device the user chooses, as well as providing for a
much better user experience regardless of the intent of the photos.
Old November 22nd 17, 04:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 11/21/2017 10:13 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

If one is preparing images that will be not be viewed on a
Retina monitor, why would they need to be prepared on one.

by that reasoning, all you need is a cheap display because that's what
most people have.

yup!

also, since a 1080p display only has 2 megapixels, there's no need for
anything beyond a 20 year old 2 megapixel nikon coolpix 950.

Nope

the reason to get a retina display is so that the results are better no
matter what output device the user chooses, as well as providing for a
much better user experience regardless of the intent of the photos.

If you want one, by all means get one. I stated my reasons for getting
my monitor. I thought long and hard about an NEC, but decided I didn't
really need one. I won't comment about the new Retina, because I haven't
examined one, for my needs. At this time I am very happy with my
monitor, it works well, and despite your derisive comments about my
eyesight, the images I produce with it have been doing very well in
competitions. I am very satisfied with the standing of my images, when
there are hundreds of entries from competent photographers. When I get
exhibition acceptances from PSA exhibitions, I figure others must like
what I produce. BTW Tell us when * got my monitor, and when the 28"
Retina came on the market.
When I see decent images from you, I will consider your advice about
production tools.

--
PeterN
Old November 22nd 17, 04:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

I won't comment about the new Retina, because I haven't
examined one,

exactly the point.

you failed to examine all options.
Old November 22nd 17, 04:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 11/21/2017 10:42 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

I won't comment about the new Retina, because I haven't
examined one,

exactly the point.

you failed to examine all options.

Your snip is duly noted.
Answer my question, before you make a statement about what I did and did
not do.
When did I purchase my monitor, and when did this Retina come on the
market.

--
PeterN
Old November 22nd 17, 05:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Tue, 21 Nov 2017 22:42:01 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , PeterN
wrote:

I won't comment about the new Retina, because I haven't
examined one,

exactly the point.

you failed to examine all options.

He examined all the stand-alone monitor options.

Monitors built into a computer did not qualify. But you already knew
that, didn't you?

Eric Stevens
Old November 22nd 17, 05:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

I won't comment about the new Retina, because I haven't
examined one,

exactly the point.

you failed to examine all options.

He examined all the stand-alone monitor options.

which excludes some of the highest quality displays available.

Monitors built into a computer did not qualify. But you already knew
that, didn't you?

sure did, but the problem is that *he* doesn't realize what he gave up
by doing so. nor do you.
Old November 22nd 17, 05:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

I won't comment about the new Retina, because I haven't
examined one,

exactly the point.

you failed to examine all options.

Your snip is duly noted.
Answer my question, before you make a statement about what I did and did
not do.
When did I purchase my monitor, and when did this Retina come on the
market.

those questions have been answered.
Old November 22nd 17, 08:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Eric Stevens wrote:

On Tue, 21 Nov 2017 14:36:32 +0100, android wrote:

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

On Tuesday, 21 November 2017 12:50:51 UTC, android wrote:
In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

You must have more money than I:

Perhaps or I just spend more wisely, I wouldn't spend 400 on a
graphics
card
unless I was well into gaming which I'm not.

Didn't yo state that you are a janitor changing batteries on the
lecturers wireless mice???

No I've never said any such thing. Amongst the £10K stock I keep I do keep
standard batteries and cells.

Then it was this post, third from the top of yours that I was thinking
of!

Where is the link?

I'll repost:

https://www.diy-forums.com/threads/i...uitable-for-wi
ring-a-front-door-bell.53022/

http://tinyurl.com/yarvumhu
--
teleportation kills
Old November 22nd 17, 03:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default late reply Was( Ripe Apples

On 11/21/2017 10:11 PM, Savageduck wrote:
[...]

All animals are equal. All pigs are animals. Some pigs are more equal
than others.

A derivation from Orwell, the pending tax reduction legislation.

--
PeterN

Ripe Apples Davoud Digital Photography 3 November 9th 17 06:29 AM
Apples, oranges, new crop of P&S's [email protected] Digital Photography 1 December 16th 07 08:04 AM