Pan O'Rama

Old October 6th 15, 07:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default Pan O'Rama

On 2015-10-06 04:08:10 +0000, Tony Cooper said:

On Mon, 5 Oct 2015 21:03:13 -0700, Savageduck

He also contributed some not too bad stuff to the SI, but that was a big
part of his feud with Alan.
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/80365549

I didn't feud with him over the SI very much - other than some of his
contributions that bent the photo shootin rulz. No big deal.

On other issues it got quite heated - but in retrospect quite trivial.
(Must be - I hardly remember much of it...).

And, wasn't he the walking pano guy? I wonder how much overlap he
used. Did he waste any pixels?

Ah yes - the walking panos! (Different term was used, "stepped"?).
Brett Douglas even did a serious take on it that showed both the promise
of the technique and its serious problems that made it all but useless.

and thoroughly ****ed off Alan Browne.
...but that was 9, or 10 years ago.

Time wounds all heels. I barely remember it. Must have been too testy
in those days.

better than anything nospam's produced.

Yes. Still waiting on that proof from nospam regarding loss when
converting to/from Lab color modes. I put up proof that it was
negligible and he never put up his counter as he hadn't gotten round to it.

To me one of the downsides is the difficulty in keeping the camera at
close to the same level with the focus plane close to a uniform parallel
with the subject. For architectural purposes it is next to impossible.
For scenic view purposes it can suffice.

--
PeterN
Old October 6th 15, 07:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 10/6/2015 1:57 PM, android wrote:
In article ,
PeterN wrote:

On 10/6/2015 6:36 AM, android wrote:
In article ,
Eric Stevens wrote:

On Mon, 05 Oct 2015 23:40:10 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

One has to wonder what a *lot* means in nospamspeak. He talks about a
lot of waste but can't identify what is actually wasted.

i've explained that several times.

Pixels? Are you serious?

He means pixel data... There should be some sort of exchange for that!
Two bad pixels for one good, and such...

I wonder if they can be freeze dried for storage.

You mean like a reserve of pixels? To stabilize the market???

I wonder if we can get funding for such a venture. We can hire nospam as
financial advisor.

--
PeterN
Old October 6th 15, 07:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Eric Stevens wrote:

On Mon, 05 Oct 2015 23:40:10 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

One has to wonder what a *lot* means in nospamspeak. He talks about a
lot of waste but can't identify what is actually wasted.

i've explained that several times.

Pixels? Are you serious?

He means pixel data... There should be some sort of exchange for that!
Two bad pixels for one good, and such...

I wonder if they can be freeze dried for storage.

You mean like a reserve of pixels? To stabilize the market???

I wonder if we can get funding for such a venture. We can hire nospam as
financial advisor.

We could hoard some slyzzy pixels to pay him of...
--
teleportation kills
Old October 6th 15, 07:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article , android

Eric Stevens wrote:

On Mon, 05 Oct 2015 23:40:10 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

One has to wonder what a *lot* means in nospamspeak. He talks about
lot of waste but can't identify what is actually wasted.

i've explained that several times.

Pixels? Are you serious?

He means pixel data... There should be some sort of exchange for that!
Two bad pixels for one good, and such...

I wonder if they can be freeze dried for storage.

You mean like a reserve of pixels? To stabilize the market???

I wonder if we can get funding for such a venture. We can hire nospam as
financial advisor.

We could hoard some slyzzy pixels to pay him of...

Take a peek. It's gone tomorrow:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5wvgrhv41f3emi2/i081211ka1203.jpg?dl=0
--
teleportation kills