A question for Applefans

Old September 13th 15, 03:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default A question for Applefans

On 9/11/2015 6:45 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:

snip

You research toasters, too?

I do. we use a toaster oven. I will look to find out which one seems to
meet my needs, and check the prices. If the toaster seems fill my needs
I bring it home. If it doesn't meet my needs, I may or may not return
it. That research will not take very long, but it is still research.

--
PeterN
Old September 13th 15, 03:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 9/11/2015 8:15 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:

snip

Having a wife means I don't get all that involved with small appliance
purchasing decisions. She wanted a Dyson, so we bought a Dyson. Most
purchases in this area are done deals before I know about them. If
she's not researching, I have no complaints because she's doing fine.

In my household, if my wife want a particular thing, fine. Not worth
discussing, within variable limits. If she want x, we get one, though
unless she has strong feelings, I will usually select the brand. If she
says we should spend no more than y on the item, I I think it's worth
paying the difference, we go higher. Makes life a lot easier.

The next online research I'll do will be about finding motel rooms for
our next trip whenever that is. That's an area where I feel personal
reviews by other customers is helpful.

Sometimes, it can be helpful. We still have to read between the lines.

I'm not real keen on saving pennies. I suppose I could do some
research on something like a CF card for my Nikon and find a better
price, but I'll stick with SanDisks. Not that I need one. Mine seem
to last forever. But, it's an example.

--
PeterN
Old September 13th 15, 03:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 9/12/2015 12:37 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

You research toasters, too?

toasters are commodity products. there's not a whole lot of research to
do.

there are differences between brands. Many do not do English muffins
well. Some are harder to clean and use than others.

--
PeterN
Old September 13th 15, 05:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
-hh

Tony Cooper writes:
...and the toaster oven is capable of cooking much more than just toast.

Indeed, as there were several "space saver" ones which were recalled after
burning down too many homes.

-hh
Old September 14th 15, 02:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 9/8/15 11:02 AM, in article
2015090809025193320-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, "Savageduck"

On Tue, 8 Sep 2015 08:52:05 -0700, Savageduck
On 2015-09-08 15:32:18 +0000, Tony Cooper said:
On Tue, 08 Sep 2015 11:23:51 -0400, nospam
wrote:
In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

My iPhone and iPad are charged using a plug and cable combination.
Each uses a different cable with a different-size fitting that plugs
into the device. Both style cables use the same wall-plug device.

What is the reason for the two different fittings? Both are obtaining
and converting power from the same wall plug.

one is nearly 15 years old, the other just 3 years old.

Neither of my devices is anywhere near 15 years old.

What exactly are your iDevices?

iPad and iPhone.

The question was, "What exactly are your iDevices?"
By that I thought you would actually tell us what model of iPhone and
iPad you have.

WHOOOSH

Old September 14th 15, 02:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 9/8/15 4:56 PM, in article , "John McWilliams"

On 2015-09-08 15:59:14 +0000, Tony Cooper said:

What exactly are your iDevices?

iPad and iPhone.

The question was, "What exactly are your iDevices?"
By that I thought you would actually tell us what model of iPhone and
iPad you have.

It keeps the discussion going longer when tony plays
coy/dumb/obstinate/playful.

Nice troll, tony.

He IS good at it, no?

Old September 14th 15, 02:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 9/8/15 5:49 PM, in article ,
"nospam" wrote:

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

Unfortunately, extended discussions promote stupid questions like
"Does it have a dock connector?". Like I care if it does or doesn't.

then why did you ask?

To start ****...

Old September 15th 15, 02:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 9/13/2015 11:15 AM, Tony Cooper wrote:

wrote:

You research toasters, too?

toasters are commodity products. there's not a whole lot of research to
do.

there are differences between brands. Many do not do English muffins
well. Some are harder to clean and use than others.

We have a toaster, but it's stowed away in a cabinet and seldom used.
Toasting is done using a toaster oven, and the toaster oven is capable
of cooking much more than just toast.

The last time I remember the toaster being brought out was a Sunday
morning when my daughter, my son-in-law, my son, my daughter-in-law,
and the grandchildren were over and a late breakfast was served. To
keep up with toast demand, both appliances were used.

We haven't had a toaster in years. We use a convection oven that can
function as a toaster.

--
PeterN
Old September 15th 15, 03:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 9/12/2015 9:36 AM, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Sat, 12 Sep 2015 01:51:12 -0700, Savageduck

On 2015-09-12 05:35:09 +0000, Tony Cooper said:

On Sat, 12 Sep 2015 00:37:02 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

You research toasters, too?

toasters are commodity products. there's not a whole lot of research to
do.

I agree. Evidently, they require research if purchased in Sweden.
Popinjay equates them with refrigerators and feels both should be
researched before purchase.

...and if you want a toaster which would deal with bagels, and other
similar toastables, and then discover the one you bought will only
accomodate sliced bread.

OK...there are two ways to know that: 1) do research on the internet,
and, 2) look at the model on the shelf and see if it has wide
openings.

I'm absolutely sure I can see the difference between narrow slots and
wide slots. If at all in doubt I can look down the row of toasters on
display and note the slot opening sizes for comparison.

Some toasters even have stickers on the display model informing the
customer of the features...like bagel-accommodating slots.

Unless we are having a desperate and immediate need for a bagel when the
bagel store is closed, we never toast bagels. The only things worse than
toasted bagels are toasted waffles or pancakes.

--
PeterN
Old September 15th 15, 03:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 2015-09-12 09:57, Savageduck wrote:

So there are times that some research is needed, even minimal research
on toasters, rather than just lifting the best priced one off a shelf in
the store.

If something electronic or electro-mechanical is for sale at Costco, I
assume, to start, that it is something the manufacturer can't sell off
and Costco is the penultimate dumping ground.

Costco isn't cheap enough to be considered a dumping ground. Their
regular prices for electronics, food and household goods aren't that
much lower than in conventional stores.

That's not always the case but a wise starting evaluation point before
buying such items at Costco. That said I'll be picking up an APC UPS
today at Costco - but I researched it first...

--
PeterN