More trash P&Ss to clutter up the Walmart photo sections

Old January 20th 08, 04:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Turco

Default More trash P&Ss to clutter up the Walmart photo sections

Rich wrote:

edited for brevity

Personally, I find the current P&Ss on the market as sickening as the
price of a D300 must look like to a P&S user.

Hello, Rich:

Not half as "sickening" as your absurd trolling, however. :-J

Cordially,
John Turco
Old January 20th 08, 05:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mr. Strat

In article , John Turco
wrote:

"RichA" is among this newsgroup's native trolls, or hadn't you already
noticed? His specific specialty entails the damning of the newer crops
of P&S digicams.

As he's always proclaiming, these types of models are doomed (by a
high megapixel count/small sensor size, combination) to producing poor
images; further (according to him), they're marred by inferior build
quality.

Just a word to the wise, man! ;-)

It's that damned plastic, man.
Old January 20th 08, 08:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

John Turco wrote:
John Navas wrote:
On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 07:35:36 -0800 (PST), Rich
wrote in
:

It is sickening. I can buy a used first-gen Pentax or Olympus DSLR
for about $250 on Ebay with the kit lens. No, it won't have a long
zoom on it, that'll cost another $150 but it is something you can get
later. Meantime, you get FAR superior image quality to the dreck P&Ss
being churned out with those ROTTEN 1/2.5" sensors. Here's another
one:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonydsch3/page10.asp

You are free to buy whatever you want. Other people are free to buy
whatever they want. It can only be "sickening" if you are arrogant
enough to presume that others should want what you want.

Hello, John:

"RichA" is among this newsgroup's native trolls, or hadn't you already
noticed? His specific specialty entails the damning of the newer crops
of P&S digicams.

As he's always proclaiming, these types of models are doomed (by a
high megapixel count/small sensor size, combination) to producing poor
images; further (according to him), they're marred by inferior build
quality.

Just a word to the wise, man! ;-)

Cordially,
John Turco

He reminds me of the woman who meets a guy in a bar, marries him, and
then complains that he drinks too much. Amazing! Just WHAT does one
expect to find in a store that caters to the lowest economic strata,
BMWs, and Rolls Royces? Gucii, and Dior originals, and prime or Kobe
beef? I don't THINK so.

Old January 20th 08, 03:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Rich

On Jan 19, 11:08 pm, John Turco wrote:
John Navas wrote:

[...]

Anyone who spends $300+ for a P&S when you can get even a used DSLR is
not "wise" just lazy and clueless.
Old January 20th 08, 03:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David J Taylor[_4_]

Rich wrote:
[]
Anyone who spends $300+ for a P&S when you can get even a used DSLR is
not "wise" just lazy and clueless.

Nonsense. There are situations where the more compact camera is the best
tool for the job, and purchasing is neither a "lazy" nor a "clueless"
decision.

David

Old January 20th 08, 06:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Navas[_2_]

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 07:23:58 -0800 (PST), Rich
wrote in
:

Anyone who spends $300+ for a P&S when you can get even a used DSLR is
not "wise" just lazy and clueless.

Nope! Just choosing the option that makes the most sense to that
person, not to you. It's arrogant to think you're own personal tastes
should be adopted by everyone else.

--
Best regards,
John Navas
Old January 20th 08, 09:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

John Navas wrote:

[...]

No, perhaps he doesn't want, or need, the features, weight, and size, of
a DSLR. I buy what I want/need, and you buy what you want/need, and I
wont try to tell you you spent too much, so don't come up with crap like
'lazy and clueless' to justify spending more than you needed to get more
camera than *I* need.
Old January 22nd 08, 12:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Rich

On Jan 20, 1:16 pm, John Navas wrote:
On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 07:23:58 -0800 (PST), Rich
wrote in
:

Anyone who spends $300+ for a P&S when you can get even a used DSLR is
not "wise" just lazy and clueless.

Nope! Just choosing the option that makes the most sense to that
person, not to you. It's arrogant to think you're own personal tastes
should be adopted by everyone else.

--
Best regards,
John Navas
Panasonic DMC-FZ8 (and several others)

Their only rationale is "it's compact." = TOO f------ LAZY to carry
a DSLR.
Old January 22nd 08, 01:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Navas[_2_]

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 16:41:28 -0800 (PST), Rich
wrote in
:

On Jan 20, 1:16 pm, John Navas wrote:
On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 07:23:58 -0800 (PST), Rich
wrote in
:

Anyone who spends $300+ for a P&S when you can get even a used DSLR is
not "wise" just lazy and clueless.

Nope! Just choosing the option that makes the most sense to that
person, not to you. It's arrogant to think you're own personal tastes
should be adopted by everyone else.

Their only rationale is "it's compact." = TOO f------ LAZY to carry
a DSLR.

There are actually quite a few cases with a compact camera will
outperform a dSLR. Case in point is covering a sailboat regatta from a
small chase boat, where the handling ease and huge zoom range of my
super-zoom compact often gets me shots missed by pros struggling with a
ton of dSLR gear.

Old January 22nd 08, 02:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Rich

On Jan 21, 8:15 pm, John Navas wrote:
[...]

I can see the pros trading in their Nikon D3s and Canon 1DMkIIIs for
Fuji 9100s right now....
I went to an airshow in the summer of 2007. I shot with a DSLR and
someone near me shot with one of those superzoom P&S. Not one of the
guy's shots was in focus, and he missed critical movements of the
planes, thanks to the horrible lag-time of the P&S shutter. I ended up
emailing the guy images I'd shot so he'd have something decent for his
day out. And I was using an old manual focus 300mm tele!