Best Raw Processing Software?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 5th 07, 03:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Default Best Raw Processing Software?

Can anybody indicate the relative pros and cons of the various RAW processing
software out there?

I am aware of the following:

1. Adobe ACR
2. Adobe Lightroom (an extension of the above perhaps)
3. Bibble
4. Phase One - Capture One (LE and PRO)
5. Raw Shooter Essentials or Raw Shooter Premier
6. Nikon Capture NX

I have access to Adobe ACR in Photoshot CS2 and Raw Shooter Premier. I was
never able to get the latter to work well as part of my workflow, so I didn't
use it, although I look forward to the vaporware upgrade to Lightroom 1.0
(they have NOT sent the email for the free upgrade as promised).

FWIW - I run on a Windows XP Pro 64-bit system with an Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
and 4GB or RAM. I boot in Vista Ultimate x64 as well. I am looking for a
workflow that is faster than my image by image workflow I currently enjoy
using ACR and Photoshop. My current workflow is tedious and using the batch
options in Adobe Bridge just hasn't stuck for me as I end up with files
processed inadequately [best quality is in a batch of one!].

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I would love to work with Apeture, but they refuse to release it for the
Windows platform ... there loss I guess.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse