All-in-One PCs

Old January 24th 16, 10:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

Default All-in-One PCs

Just curious if anyone is using all in one PCs for image processing and
if yes which ones.

Personally I'm currently eyeing some models with a 24" or 27" screen and
4K resolution.
--
Alfred Molon

Old January 24th 16, 10:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
android

In article ,
Alfred Molon wrote:

Just curious if anyone is using all in one PCs for image processing and
if yes which ones.

The consensus is that if you really want an all in one then the iMac is
the way to go... The real way to go is, however to buy a Mini Mac and
hook up a screen of your choice!

Personally I'm currently eyeing some models with a 24" or 27" screen and
4K resolution.

--
teleportation kills
Old January 24th 16, 02:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article , android
says...

The consensus is that if you really want an all in one then the iMac is
the way to go... The real way to go is, however to buy a Mini Mac and
hook up a screen of your choice!

Fine, but is there anything with Windows?
--
Alfred Molon

Old January 24th 16, 02:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-01-24 13:17:04 +0000, Alfred Molon said:

In article , android
says...

The consensus is that if you really want an all in one then the iMac is
the way to go... The real way to go is, however to buy a Mini Mac and
hook up a screen of your choice!

Fine, but is there anything with Windows?

A Mac will run Windows as well as any other Intel machine.
....and you also have OSX to play with.

Savageduck

Old January 24th 16, 02:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
android

In article ,
Alfred Molon wrote:

In article , android
says...

The consensus is that if you really want an all in one then the iMac is
the way to go... The real way to go is, however to buy a Mini Mac and
hook up a screen of your choice!

Fine, but is there anything with Windows?

Why? Whatever! You can run W10 in Bootcamp IIRC...
--
teleportation kills
Old January 24th 16, 03:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
Alan Browne

On 2016-01-24 08:28, android wrote:
In article ,
Alfred Molon wrote:

In article , android
says...

The consensus is that if you really want an all in one then the iMac is
the way to go... The real way to go is, however to buy a Mini Mac and
hook up a screen of your choice!

Fine, but is there anything with Windows?

Why? Whatever! You can run W10 in Bootcamp IIRC...

Bootcamp is next to useless. Run Windows in a VM such as VMWare Fusion
or Parallels.

iMac's are fantastic. For a Windows user who has a monitor, keyboard
and mouse, the Mac Mini is a fine transition machine, but none come with
a quad core i7.

The newer iMac's with 5K retina displays are magnificent.

--
"But I am somehow extraordinarily lucky, for a guy with ****ty luck."
..Harrison Ford, Rolling Stone - 2015-12-02
Old January 24th 16, 03:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
android

In article ,

On 2016-01-24 08:28, android wrote:
In article ,
Alfred Molon wrote:

In article , android
says...

The consensus is that if you really want an all in one then the iMac is
the way to go... The real way to go is, however to buy a Mini Mac and
hook up a screen of your choice!

Fine, but is there anything with Windows?

Why? Whatever! You can run W10 in Bootcamp IIRC...

Bootcamp is next to useless. Run Windows in a VM such as VMWare Fusion
or Parallels.

Whatever, some have very little use for Windows. I boot it once or twice
per month on average...

iMac's are fantastic. For a Windows user who has a monitor, keyboard
and mouse, the Mac Mini is a fine transition machine, but none come with
a quad core i7.

The newer iMac's with 5K retina displays are magnificent.

I like to Lego approach... One pice broken? Then fix THAT one.
--
teleportation kills
Old January 24th 16, 05:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
nospam

In article , Alan Browne
wrote:

The consensus is that if you really want an all in one then the iMac is
the way to go... The real way to go is, however to buy a Mini Mac and
hook up a screen of your choice!

Fine, but is there anything with Windows?

Why? Whatever! You can run W10 in Bootcamp IIRC...

Bootcamp is next to useless. Run Windows in a VM such as VMWare Fusion
or Parallels.

boot camp is perfect for someone who buys a mac and only wants to run
windows.

iMac's are fantastic. For a Windows user who has a monitor, keyboard
and mouse, the Mac Mini is a fine transition machine, but none come with
a quad core i7.

the 2014 model doesn't, but prior to that they absolutely did.

the reason is because the quad core i7 has a different socket and it's
not worth making a separate logic board for a low volume configuration.

it also doesn't matter all that much.

The newer iMac's with 5K retina displays are magnificent.

very.
Old January 24th 16, 06:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
PeterN[_6_]

On 2016-01-24 08:28, android wrote:
In article ,
Alfred Molon wrote:

In article , android
says...

The consensus is that if you really want an all in one then the iMac is
the way to go... The real way to go is, however to buy a Mini Mac and
hook up a screen of your choice!

Fine, but is there anything with Windows?

Why? Whatever! You can run W10 in Bootcamp IIRC...

Bootcamp is next to useless. Run Windows in a VM such as VMWare Fusion
or Parallels.

iMac's are fantastic. For a Windows user who has a monitor, keyboard
and mouse, the Mac Mini is a fine transition machine, but none come with
a quad core i7.

The newer iMac's with 5K retina displays are magnificent.

Indeed it is. Many of Windows users find it works just fine, serves our
purposes and is easily flexible to meet changing needs. I am not machine
passionate. Nor do most Windows users I know, with one exception, fall
in love with Apple.
As for graphics uses, my daughter, who is a creative director, prefers a
windows machine. I have used both, and seen little, if any, difference,
except that not all Windows programs run well under VM. Also, despite
what some here say.

--
PeterN
Old January 24th 16, 04:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article , android
says...
Why?

Very simple - I don't have any Mac software. And I have no clue whether
and how Windows will run on a Mac.

If Apple were offering Macs with preinstalled Windows (why aren't
they?), I would consider one.

But I'm surprised that you suggest a Mac, when almost everybody is using
Windows machines.

I couldn't care less about Windows vs Mac vs Linux vs whatever. But
since everything I have is with Windows, my next PC will be a Windows
one.
--
Alfred Molon