PBS Show This Sunday 02/25: At Close Range With National Geographic

Old February 24th 07, 04:06 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Summer Wind

Default PBS Show This Sunday 02/25: At Close Range With National Geographic

At Close Range With National Geographic

Sunday, February 25, 8:00pm (Central)

The work of nature photographer Joel Sartore, including the challenges of
getting candid shots in various locales. Included: comments from National
Geographic magazine editors.

Old February 24th 07, 04:31 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David Ruether

"Summer Wind" wrote in message .. .

At Close Range With National Geographic

Sunday, February 25, 8:00pm (Central)

The work of nature photographer Joel Sartore, including the challenges of getting candid shots in various locales. Included:
comments from National Geographic magazine editors.

I saw this program (in HD! ;-) - it is excellent. It gives a very good
idea of what it really means to be a NG photographer, and most
of the time, how difficult and lacking in "glamour" it is. This show
is an excellent portrayal of JS and what drives him to do work he
often doesn't like and to solve uncomfortable and difficult problems
to get his pictures. It is very honest and thorough in its coverage,
and it is not a "puff" vanity or publicity piece. See it if you can - I
highly recommend it.
--
David Ruether

www.donferrario.com/ruether/
(note the address change)

Old February 24th 07, 04:36 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Annika1980

On Feb 24, 11:06 am, "Summer Wind" wrote:
At Close Range With National Geographic

Sunday, February 25, 8:00pm (Central)

The work of nature photographer Joel Sartore, including the challenges of
getting candid shots in various locales. Included: comments from National
Geographic magazine editors.

Which station / network?

Old February 24th 07, 05:05 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David Ruether

"Annika1980" wrote in message oups.com...
On Feb 24, 11:06 am, "Summer Wind" wrote:
At Close Range With National Geographic

Sunday, February 25, 8:00pm (Central)

The work of nature photographer Joel Sartore, including the challenges of
getting candid shots in various locales. Included: comments from National
Geographic magazine editors.

Which station / network?

"PBS Show This Sunday 02/25..." in US - I don't know if it is
available elsewhere.

Old February 24th 07, 05:09 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David Ruether

"David Ruether" wrote in message ...
"Annika1980" wrote in message oups.com...
On Feb 24, 11:06 am, "Summer Wind" wrote:
At Close Range With National Geographic

Sunday, February 25, 8:00pm (Central)

The work of nature photographer Joel Sartore, including the challenges of
getting candid shots in various locales. Included: comments from National
Geographic magazine editors.

Which station / network?

"PBS Show This Sunday 02/25..." in US - I don't know if it is
available elsewhere.
--
David Ruether

Sorry - my NG reader hic-cupped and sent several copies...

Old February 24th 07, 05:15 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Annika1980

On Feb 24, 12:05 pm, "David Ruether" wrote:
Which station / network?

"PBS Show This Sunday 02/25..." in US - I don't know if it is
available elsewhere.

Sadly, our two local PBS stations don't carry it.
I even searched the National Geographic network on my dish. Not
showing there either.

Old February 24th 07, 10:40 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David Ruether

"Annika1980" wrote in message ups.com...
On Feb 24, 12:05 pm, "David Ruether" wrote:

Which station / network?

"PBS Show This Sunday 02/25..." in US - I don't know if it is
available elsewhere.

Sadly, our two local PBS stations don't carry it.
I even searched the National Geographic network on my dish. Not
showing there either.

Ah, too bad. Maybe it will eventually appear on "NG on demand" on digital
cable, though being a PBS-network program, that seems unlikely. PBS
does often delay-broadcast programs (the one on the the NG photographer,
"At Close Range With National Geographic", appeared here a couple
of weeks ago, and is not scheduled to appear again here tomorrow or in
the near feature - I just did a search on www.titantv.com for it). It may be
worth buying the DVD from PBS, if they offer it...
--
David Ruether