Canon's "Rebel". What a stupid name.

Old December 16th 06, 02:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Skip

Default Canon's "Rebel". What a stupid name.

"Bill Funk" wrote in message
On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 22:11:34 -0800, "Skip"
wrote:

"Bill Funk" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 20:06:37 -0800, "Skip"
wrote:

"Bill Funk" wrote in message
m...
On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 00:37:26 -0000, Alan LeHun

says...

What WW I aircraft used turbochargers?

Liberty V-12 in 1918, but never in combat.

TTBOMK, that wasn't used in an aricraft, but only tested on the
ground; I think it was on Pike's Peak.
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"

I thought it was used in a Curtiss evolution of the Jenny...

The Liberty engine was, but I've never seen a referrence to a
turbocharged version being used in flight.
If you have a referrence, I'd like to see it. :-)
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"

Here ya go...
http://worlddmc.ohiolink.edu/OMP/New...count=1&hits=1
The last paragraph makes reference to the turbocharged Liberty V-12.

Great! Thanks!
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"

By the way, I was wrong about the type of plane, and the reference I
remembered was in a book called something like, "Worst Aircraft Designs."
The Lusac, IIRC was included because it was meant to be a combination
fighter and recon aircraft, which had already been shown to be ineffective
in combat. That and the frozen eyeball thing...

--
Skip Middleton
www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Old December 16th 06, 01:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill Funk

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 17:20:39 -0800, "Skip"
wrote:

Could you return the favor and give me a link to a reference to the ground
version. It'd be nice to add to my archive of automotive archania...
;-)

The easiest is Wikipedia...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbocharger#History
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"
Old December 16th 06, 07:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Skip

Thanks. That one helps, but the author provided no link to the actual
reference.
I basically avoid Wikipedia, considering the entries suspect, due to the
unstructured nature of the site, at least until their new policies kick in.

Old December 17th 06, 05:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Turco

Skip wrote:

"Bill Funk" wrote in message

edited, for brevity

Here ya go...
http://worlddmc.ohiolink.edu/OMP/New...count=1&hits=1
The last paragraph makes reference to the turbocharged Liberty V-12.

Great! Thanks!
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"

By the way, I was wrong about the type of plane, and the reference I
remembered was in a book called something like, "Worst Aircraft Designs."
The Lusac, IIRC was included because it was meant to be a combination
fighter and recon aircraft, which had already been shown to be ineffective
in combat. That and the frozen eyeball thing...

--
Skip Middleton
www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
www.pbase.com/skipm

Hello, Skip:

I wonder whether the Lusac's test pilot was permanently blinded, by
having his eyeballs frozen?

Cordially,
John Turco