Compact Advice

Old August 9th 06, 10:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
[email protected]

Default Compact Advice

I am looking for a compact digital camera and have looked at the Fuji
finepix F11 and the Canon IXUS800IS. My preference at the minute is for

the Canon (better screen, smaller, has view finder, uses standard MMC
cards and pictures look good) but its expensive compared to the Fuji. I

wanted to take a look at the new Fuji FinePix F30 but the shop didn't
have one in stock.

Is this camera worth £280? If not what would you advise given I want a

good quality and compact camera.

Advice would be appreciated

Old August 9th 06, 04:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Robert

I bought the Canon in June and have found it excellent. No problems at
all, and there are lots of manual options. I use it on manual all the time.
I can't comment on the Fuji though. You probably get what you pay for !
Robert.

ups.com...

Old August 9th 06, 07:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Justus Lipsius

bedacht in ups.com:

I am looking for a compact digital camera and have looked at the Fuji
finepix F11 and the Canon IXUS800IS. My preference at the minute is for

the Canon (better screen, smaller, has view finder, uses standard MMC
cards and pictures look good) but its expensive compared to the Fuji. I

wanted to take a look at the new Fuji FinePix F30 but the shop didn't
have one in stock.

Is this camera worth £280? If not what would you advise given I want a

good quality and compact camera.

Advice would be appreciated

I have held both in my hands and chose the Fuji, for two reasons: the Fuji
fits my rather large hands better than the Canon (an important issue, as I
foud out). And the Fuji has a much larger CCD, which results in less image
noise at higher ISO values. I hate shooting with flash and the Fuji allows
me to do so in almost all circumstances (although Canon's IS could
compensate for that).
BTW it has a very good screen, better than the Canon, in my opinion.

JL
Old August 9th 06, 08:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
[email protected]

In the end I went for the Canon.

1. Its smaller than the Fuji - and i really want a compact camera.
2. It has a higher resolution screen and its easier to see in sunlight
3. It has a viewfinder
4. It uses standard MMC cards
5. The IS seems to work
6. And most importantly the quality of the images is good.
7. Oh and from a style point of view looks really good - I know that
doesnt help when taking pictures but the fact it looks good is nice.

I agree the Fuji F11 is better at night shots but I did some tests with
both and by playing about with the manual settings I was able to get
good low light shots using the Canon.

Thanks for the advice.

Beemer

Old August 9th 06, 09:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Justus Lipsius

bedacht in ups.com:

In the end I went for the Canon.

1. Its smaller than the Fuji - and i really want a compact camera.
2. It has a higher resolution screen and its easier to see in sunlight
3. It has a viewfinder
4. It uses standard MMC cards
5. The IS seems to work
6. And most importantly the quality of the images is good.
7. Oh and from a style point of view looks really good - I know that
doesnt help when taking pictures but the fact it looks good is nice.

I agree the Fuji F11 is better at night shots but I did some tests with
both and by playing about with the manual settings I was able to get
good low light shots using the Canon.

Thanks for the advice.

Beemer

Good luck with it. Happy shooting.