Apple played digital liberal nanny-stater, now faces severallawsuits

Old December 29th 17, 05:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

Default Apple played digital liberal nanny-stater, now faces several lawsuits

"PeterN" wrote

| You and I are not Apple's target customer for watches. I suspect that
| few here are, regardless of whether they own one.
| Just because I own an iPhone8+ doesn't mean I am a target customer.
|

| https://appleinccasestudy.weebly.com/apples-target-market.html

https://research-methodology.net/apple-segmentation-targeting-and-positioning/

It's not about whether I'm a target customer. It's the market
trend and has been for awhile. And not just with Apple:

http://www.businessinsider.com/smart...t-says-2017-12

If there were a market I expect Apple would rule it. But
some things are just too dumb. They tried to create a market
because the idea of a whole new gadget market was appealing.
There's not much more logic than that.

On the other hand, why shouldn't I be a target customer?
Most people now use computer phones. A computer watch
is presumably supposed to complement a computer phone.
But of course it doesn't. Even if it could accurately count
my footsteps that's an absurd function. I thought pedometers
were clever when I was 10 years old.

If the target market is high income 30-somethings who
want a watch for "self expression" then that's another way
of pointing out that the emperor has no clothes.... Or in
this case, that the watch has no function.

Old December 29th 17, 05:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Mayayana
wrote:

"PeterN" wrote

| You and I are not Apple's target customer for watches. I suspect that
| few here are, regardless of whether they own one.
| Just because I own an iPhone8+ doesn't mean I am a target customer.

It's not about whether I'm a target customer. It's the market
trend and has been for awhile. And not just with Apple:

http://www.businessinsider.com/smart...ter-report-say
s-2017-12

android smar****ches are mostly a failure, with some makers exiting the
market.

meanwhile, the apple watch and fitness trackers are a huge success.

If there were a market I expect Apple would rule it.

and they do.

as i linked befo
http://www.businessinsider.com/how-t...ecame-the-numb
er-one-watch-in-the-world-2017-9
The company's CEO Tim Cook told attendees that the tech giant now
sells the number one watch in the world, leapfrogging Rolex in the
process. Cook also said the Watch saw stunning 50% year over year
sales growth in August.*

and from *last* year:
http://bgr.com/2016/04/26/apple-watch-sales-vs-rolex/
So, just to reiterate one last time and let it really sink in, Apple
Watch sales totaled about $6 billion in its first year of existence.
Meanwhile, the world¹s foremost luxury watch brand did $4.5 billion
in sales across its entire product portfolio last year. In fact, the
combined sales of all top Swiss watch makers totaled roughly $20
billion in 2015, so Apple is nearly*one-third of the way there after
just one year.

But
some things are just too dumb.

not as dumb as some people...

They tried to create a market
because the idea of a whole new gadget market was appealing.
There's not much more logic than that.

apple did not create the wearables market.

in fact, it's existed for several decades.

On the other hand, why shouldn't I be a target customer?
Most people now use computer phones. A computer watch
is presumably supposed to complement a computer phone.
But of course it doesn't.

actually, it does.

Even if it could accurately count
my footsteps that's an absurd function.

it does that too, and quite a bit more.

I thought pedometers
were clever when I was 10 years old.

out of touch with reality, as usual

If the target market is high income 30-somethings who
want a watch for "self expression" then that's another way
of pointing out that the emperor has no clothes.... Or in
this case, that the watch has no function.

very out of touch.
Old January 1st 18, 06:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 12/28/2017 10:30 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

But don't worry. Once it gets down to $40 I'll buy one
to use as a camera... if they can demonstrate to me
that the camera is usable without activating the phone.

You and I are not Apple's target customer for watches. I suspect that
few here are, regardless of whether they own one.

he was talking about the iphone x, not the apple watch.

Just because I own an iPhone8+ doesn't mean I am a target customer.

yet you bought one.

And exactly what does that prove.

https://appleinccasestudy.weebly.com/apples-target-market.html

what a complete crock.

it lists young kids, teenagers, college students and adults as the
target market.

in other words, everyone.

Nope. Over 55 is a separate market.

elsewhere on the 'case study' site:
https://appleinccasestudy.weebly.com/apple-competition.html
€ Macintosh software is found only on Mac Books

i guess she is oblivious of imacs, mac minis, mac pros, as well as
older powerbooks, ibooks, powermacs, etc., some of which she even lists
elsewhere on the site.

€ touch screen

macs do not have a touch screen. only ios devices do.
the comparison is mac versus pc, so instant fail.

€ based more on graphic design and music

nonsense.

€ does not include Microsoft programs

older macs did include microsoft apps and it's trivial to install them
if not there.

€ expensive

also wrong.

however, the best part are these two gems:

€ physical materials are shipped from the same manufacturer (Intel)

processors are not called 'physical materials' and windows pcs use
intel *or* amd processors.

€ both use basic binary system

both use basic binary system??? are you ****ing kidding me?

whoever wrote this garbage is an idiot.

Sorry, I forgot you know more than anyone.
BTW Have any of you marketing campaigns won any awards, or even been
nominated for international awards?

--
PeterN
Old January 1st 18, 06:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 12/28/2017 11:28 PM, Mayayana wrote:
"PeterN" wrote

| You and I are not Apple's target customer for watches. I suspect that
| few here are, regardless of whether they own one.
| Just because I own an iPhone8+ doesn't mean I am a target customer.
|

| https://appleinccasestudy.weebly.com/apples-target-market.html

https://research-methodology.net/apple-segmentation-targeting-and-positioning/

It's not about whether I'm a target customer. It's the market
trend and has been for awhile. And not just with Apple:

http://www.businessinsider.com/smart...t-says-2017-12

If there were a market I expect Apple would rule it. But
some things are just too dumb. They tried to create a market
because the idea of a whole new gadget market was appealing.
There's not much more logic than that.

On the other hand, why shouldn't I be a target customer?
Most people now use computer phones. A computer watch
is presumably supposed to complement a computer phone.
But of course it doesn't. Even if it could accurately count
my footsteps that's an absurd function. I thought pedometers
were clever when I was 10 years old.

If the target market is high income 30-somethings who
want a watch for "self expression" then that's another way
of pointing out that the emperor has no clothes.... Or in
this case, that the watch has no function.

If I was the target market, my iPhone would have a built in, or
available oximeter.

--
PeterN
Old January 1st 18, 06:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 12/28/2017 11:42 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , Mayayana
wrote:

"PeterN" wrote

| You and I are not Apple's target customer for watches. I suspect that
| few here are, regardless of whether they own one.
| Just because I own an iPhone8+ doesn't mean I am a target customer.

It's not about whether I'm a target customer. It's the market
trend and has been for awhile. And not just with Apple:

http://www.businessinsider.com/smart...ter-report-say
s-2017-12

android smar****ches are mostly a failure, with some makers exiting the
market.

meanwhile, the apple watch and fitness trackers are a huge success.

If there were a market I expect Apple would rule it.

and they do.

as i linked befo
http://www.businessinsider.com/how-t...ecame-the-numb
er-one-watch-in-the-world-2017-9
The company's CEO Tim Cook told attendees that the tech giant now
sells the number one watch in the world, leapfrogging Rolex in the
process. Cook also said the Watch saw stunning 50% year over year
sales growth in August.

and from *last* year:
http://bgr.com/2016/04/26/apple-watch-sales-vs-rolex/
So, just to reiterate one last time and let it really sink in, Apple
Watch sales totaled about $6 billion in its first year of existence.
Meanwhile, the world¹s foremost luxury watch brand did $4.5 billion
in sales across its entire product portfolio last year. In fact, the
combined sales of all top Swiss watch makers totaled roughly $20
billion in 2015, so Apple is nearlyÂ*one-third of the way there after
[...]

Glad you know the target market, and statistics to back up that
information. Last week I spoke to a member of the Apple marketing team,
it was a corporate secret. BTW what entity is one of the top five
largest co-marketer with Apple?

--
PeterN
Old January 1st 18, 06:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

https://appleinccasestudy.weebly.com/apples-target-market.html

what a complete crock.

it lists young kids, teenagers, college students and adults as the
target market.

in other words, everyone.

Nope. Over 55 is a separate market.

no age cutoff is listed for the various groups and over 55 would
qualify for both 'adults' and 'business people'.

or is 55 the new retirement age?

however, the best part are these two gems:

¤ physical materials are shipped from the same manufacturer (Intel)

processors are not called 'physical materials' and windows pcs use
intel *or* amd processors.

¤ both use basic binary system

both use basic binary system??? are you ****ing kidding me?

whoever wrote this garbage is an idiot.

Sorry, I forgot you know more than anyone.
BTW Have any of you marketing campaigns won any awards, or even been
nominated for international awards?

as usual, you aren't interested in discussing anything.
Old January 1st 18, 06:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

If I was the target market, my iPhone would have a built in, or
available oximeter.

and it does. here's one (there may be others):
http://lgtmedical.com/kenek/edge.html

there are also apps that claim to do it. they're not as accurate, but
they're also *much* cheaper than a medical device. here's one such app
(there may be others):
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/puls...-and-oxygen-mo
nitor-app/id775632066?mt=8

the apple watch monitors resting heart rate and during workouts, but it
currently does not have a pulse oximeter even though the hardware can
do it. perhaps it's a certification issue. it's coming.
Old January 1st 18, 08:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 1/1/2018 12:42 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

If I was the target market, my iPhone would have a built in, or
available oximeter.

and it does. here's one (there may be others):
http://lgtmedical.com/kenek/edge.html

there are also apps that claim to do it. they're not as accurate, but
they're also *much* cheaper than a medical device. here's one such app
(there may be others):
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/puls...-and-oxygen-mo
nitor-app/id775632066?mt=8

the apple watch monitors resting heart rate and during workouts, but it
currently does not have a pulse oximeter even though the hardware can
do it. perhaps it's a certification issue. it's coming.

I know. For me the pulse oximeter is an important medical issue. I have
been using on for almost a year. Total cost $50. I don't know if it as
accurate as the Apple, but I will look into it, when it plugs directly
into the watch.

--
PeterN
Old January 1st 18, 08:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

wrote:

[...]

Typical answer, when you want to avoid specifics.

--
PeterN
Old January 1st 18, 08:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jan 1, 2018, nospam wrote
(in ) :

In , PeterN
wrote:

https://appleinccasestudy.weebly.com/apples-target-market.html

what a complete crock.

it lists young kids, teenagers, college students and adults as the
target market.

in other words, everyone.

Nope. Over 55 is a separate market.

no age cutoff is listed for the various groups and over 55 would
qualify for both 'adults' and 'business people'.

or is 55 the new retirement age?

Earliest retirement age for most State health and safety jobs, such as law
enforcement, and firefighters (in California anyway) is 50.

Savageduck