Jupiter photos

Old November 9th 17, 11:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Jupiter photos

In article , Mayayana
wrote:

| Except that the colors are made-up,
|
| all colours are made up,

Here's an actual photo:

https://d2xkkdgjnsfvb0.cloudfront.ne...Interlaced=1&M
ode=D&ResX=600&ResY=600&OutputFormat=jpg&Quality=8 0&t=1508962497

Here's my cleaned up version:

http://tropic-island.net/gallery/img.php?id_img=196

So I guess you're right. My choice of wavelengths look
better than Nasa's undoctored images.

is that your home planet?

I look forward to the Ladies of Neptune series.

i'm sure you do.
Old November 9th 17, 11:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Davoud
wrote:

David B.
http://www.sci...

Fascinating images. Enjoy! :-)

I didn't enjoy them at all on that web page cluttered with slimy ads.

install an ad blocker.

I enjoyed them here
https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/juno/images/index.html.

a much better choice.
Old November 10th 17, 12:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

"nospam" wrote

| http://tropic-island.net/gallery/img.php?id_img=196
|
| So I guess you're right. My choice of wavelengths look
| better than Nasa's undoctored images.
|
| is that your home planet?

Maybe when my ship comes in.

Old November 10th 17, 01:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Mayayana
wrote:

| http://tropic-island.net/gallery/img.php?id_img=196
|
| So I guess you're right. My choice of wavelengths look
| better than Nasa's undoctored images.
|
| is that your home planet?

Maybe when my ship comes in.

what can we do so that it arrives sooner to take you back home?
Old November 10th 17, 11:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

On Thursday, 9 November 2017 21:32:57 UTC, Davoud wrote:
David B.
http://www.sci-techuniverse.com/2017...piter-probe-ju
st-s
ent.html

Fascinating images. Enjoy! :-)

I didn't enjoy them at all on that web page cluttered with slimy ads. I
enjoyed them here
https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/juno/images/index.html.

yes that site (sci-techuniverse) was rather disturbing and made viewing
annoying.

--
I agree with almost everything that you have said and almost everything
that

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm

Hmmm... I do hope that the rest of the pics ain't as fake as this one...

https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/f..._feature/publi
c/thumbnails/image/pia21774.jpg
--
teleportation kills
Old November 10th 17, 02:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

"Whisky-dave" wrote

| It;s not willy nilly when they have the information that tells you what
the colours mean. It's like staining cells in biology at school there's a
reason for doing it and it's not for artistic perception of reality.

Take a look he

https://www.missionjuno.swri.edu/junocam/processing

They invite you to download photos and upload your
own version. Some are more subtle. Some are wild.
Where do you draw the line? It's a scientific photo if it's
tastefully done and it's an art project if it looks like a
Peter Max poster? Both are made up. It's basically
a 6th-grade art project.

Staining a slide is done to increase the visibility of
structures. In that scenario the color itself is not
relevant and one knows that it's not accurate. Colorizing
NASA photos is done to make them look more interesting
aesthetically and spark the imagination. Entertaining
space fantasies might help to increase public support
of NASA.

"Junocam is on the spacecraft explicitly to reach out to the public and
share the excitement of space exploration."

https://link.springer.com/article/10...214-014-0079-x

NASA are trying to increase interest by making
it all look more intriguing. As someone interested in
science I find that misleading and devaluing. I can
see how many people might think it's simply fun,
like an artist's rendering of how they imagine trceratops
might have been adorned with war paint-like stripes.
But they should make it clear that these are doctored
photos with made-up colors. That's all I'm saying.
Separate the science from the entertainment. It's
not as though we need an artist's rendering. The whole
point is that they have actual photos of the planet.

Old November 10th 17, 04:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.

On 10/11/2017 03:09, Rich A wrote:
On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 4:23:36 AM UTC-5, David B. wrote:
"Traveling above Jupiter at more than 130,000 miles per hour, NASA's $1
billion Juno probe took its ninth set of stunning flyby images on
October 24. But the sun slipped between the giant planet and Earth for
more than a week, blocking the spacecraft from beaming home its precious
bounty of data.

Now that the conjunction is over, however, new raw image data from
Juno's ninth perijove — as the spacecraft's high-speed flybys are called
— has poured in. Researchers posted it all online on Tuesday, and a
community of amateurs and professionals has been busily processing the
data to yield colorful and stunning new pictures of Jupiter."

http://www.sci-techuniverse.com/2017...just-sent.html

Fascinating images. Enjoy! :-)

--
David B.

Why have we seen no real close-ups? Any image where you can clearly see the planet is round is from a distance. Have they had no probes crash but take a few images on the way down?

This link posted earlier in this thread by Davoud shows MUCH better images:-

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/juno/images/index.html

I suspect, though, that without me raising the matter with my initial
post, he wouldn't have offered the readers here HIS link! ;-)

--
David B.
Old November 10th 17, 09:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 02:22:58 -0800 (PST), Whisky-dave
wrote:

On Thursday, 9 November 2017 20:31:31 UTC, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 07:58:15 -0800 (PST), Whisky-dave
wrote:

On Thursday, 9 November 2017 14:20:16 UTC, Mayayana wrote:
"David B." wrote

http://www.sci-techuniverse.com/2017...just-sent.html

| Fascinating images.

Except that the colors are made-up,

all colours are made up, it;s what our eye does, colours don;t really exist.
But I do no what you mean the colours are used to sperate things that are going on making them easier to see. A bit less crude than a highlight pen :-)

so what
you're really seeing is sci-fi fantasy.

Not really it's being able to see more wavelenghs or more information than the human eye could actually see.

Itls a bit likke claiming that bats don;t fly at night because you can;t see them in the dark, in ordee to see how they fly yuo could use infra-red light with an infra-red sensative camera, you'd see bats flying but not their correct colour.

It;s a bit like teh link below we can;t see carbon dioxide in the air but colouring it makes it easier to see and understand,

So as long as you appreciate this there shouldn't be a problem.

Except that is not any sort of a photographic image. Its a computer
generated diagram based on observational data.

No one said it was a photographic image, perhaps you assumed it was because you viewed it using your eyes.

We were discussing photographic images and then, suddenly, without
warning you popped up a computer generated diagram.

On the
bright side, NASA images are public domain
by law.

Eric Stevens

Eric Stevens
Old November 10th 17, 09:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

rOn Fri, 10 Nov 2017 12:17:38 +0100, android wrote:

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

On Thursday, 9 November 2017 21:32:57 UTC, Davoud wrote:
David B.
http://www.sci-techuniverse.com/2017...piter-probe-ju
st-s
ent.html

Fascinating images. Enjoy! :-)

I didn't enjoy them at all on that web page cluttered with slimy ads. I
enjoyed them here
https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/juno/images/index.html.

yes that site (sci-techuniverse) was rather disturbing and made viewing
annoying.

--
I agree with almost everything that you have said and almost everything
that
you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm

Hmmm... I do hope that the rest of the pics ain't as fake as this one...

https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/styles/full_width_feature/public/thumbnails/image/pia21774.jpg

I don't know about 'fake' so much as a good way to show the scale of
the Great Red Spot.

Eric Stevens
Old November 11th 17, 04:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

http://www.sci-techuniverse.com/2017...-jupiter-probe

https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/f...ture/public/th
umbnails/image/pia21774.jpg

I don't know about 'fake' so much as a good way to show the scale of
the Great Red Spot.

It's FAKE science it tell ya! FAAKE!!!!!
--
teleportation kills