NIK Collection not installing at all in CC 2015.5

Old June 24th 16, 11:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default NIK Collection not installing at all in CC 2015.5

Fortunately I left the previous version of CC on my machine; I uninstalled and re-installed NIK...it shows up again in CC 2015.1 but refuses to install in any way in 2015.5. Any suggestions? This is frustrating on so many levels, both with NIK and Adobe.
Old June 25th 16, 01:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-06-24 22:55:54 +0000, said:

Fortunately I left the previous version of CC on my machine; I
uninstalled and re-installed NIK...it shows up again in CC 2015.1 but
refuses to install in any way in 2015.5. Any suggestions? This is
frustrating on so many levels, both with NIK and Adobe.

Start by downloading the latest edition of NIK. Run the NIK
uninstaller, then re-install. I have oher issues which I have written
about in this NG and in the NIK forum, but not with installation. I am
using OSX, I believe Windows users have had different issues.

Adobe had this to say:
http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2016/06/faq-photoshop-cc-2015-5-now-available.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/plug-ins-photoshop-troubleshooting.html#topic-5
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2171533

From

what I understand this issue arises when in the CC 2015.5 installation
dialog one chooses to uncheck the "Remove old versions" option. This
results in plug-ins being retained in the older version's plug-in
folder and not installed in the new version. This is because PS CC
2015.5 has a shared plug-in folder for all CC applications.

See the second link above where there is this:

“Third-party plug-ins can be installed to one of two locations:

Version specific location - which will only load the installed plug-in
for a specific version of Photoshop CC (e.g. only Photoshop CC 2014)

Shared Creative Cloud Location - which will load the plug-in for all
installed versions of Photoshop CC (Photoshop CC & Photoshop CC 2014 &
Photoshop CC 2015 & Photoshop CC 2015.5 & future versions of Photoshop
CC when they are released, like CC 2017) without having to reinstall
the plug-in”

Savageduck