Spyder 5 Pro calibration two desktops sharing same monitor?

Old June 22nd 16, 12:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sam Seagate

Default Spyder 5 Pro calibration two desktops sharing same monitor?

Within the last year, I acquired a Spyder 5 Pro and calibrated my the
two computers I use most for image processing- a desktop and a laptop.
Since they're both separate machines with their own monitor, no issues.
I recently acquired a new desktop and it shares the same monitor along
with my original desktop. When I want to use one desktop or the other,
I select on the monitor either the DVI or D-Sub ports for whichever
desktop is connected.

Currently, I'm facing an issue. I'd like to calibrate the latest
desktop to the shared monitor. What's the best way to do it? IIRC, the
Spyder 5 software will have me making adjustments to the monitor itself
as it goes through the calibration process, but if I do this, when I
switch back to my original desktop, its calibration will then be off.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Sam
Old June 22nd 16, 02:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 6/22/2016 7:08 AM, Sam Seagate wrote:
[...]

I would separately calibrate the monitor on each machine. The Spyder
software resides on the machine, therefore each machine should adjust
the monitor after calibration. Try it.

HTH

--
PeterN
Old June 23rd 16, 01:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 07:08:33 -0400, Sam Seagate
wrote:

[...]

The only changes that Spyder should be asking you to make are to the
brightness level of the monitor. The target level should be the same
for both.

Eric Stevens