Photoshop CC 2015.5

Old June 21st 16, 06:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Photoshop CC 2015.5

Just installed Photoshop CC 2015.5
Be advised it is a new release not an update, so all third party
plug-ins are not automatically reinstalled. So you either have to
relocate those plug-ins to the new plug-in folder, or reinstall all
third party plug-ins.

Savageduck

Old June 21st 16, 10:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 6/21/2016 1:05 PM, Savageduck wrote:
Just installed Photoshop CC 2015.5
Be advised it is a new release not an update, so all third party
plug-ins are not automatically reinstalled. So you either have to
relocate those plug-ins to the new plug-in folder, or reinstall all
third party plug-ins.

Thanks for the heads up,

--
PeterN
Old June 22nd 16, 12:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-06-21 23:14:18 +0000, Tony Cooper said:

On Tue, 21 Jun 2016 17:12:24 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 6/21/2016 1:05 PM, Savageduck wrote:
Just installed Photoshop CC 2015.5
Be advised it is a new release not an update, so all third party
plug-ins are not automatically reinstalled. So you either have to
relocate those plug-ins to the new plug-in folder, or reinstall all
third party plug-ins.

Thanks for the heads up,

I just moved NIK from my old CC2015 to CC2015.5 and it works fine.

Yup! That is what I did.

There's a thread on this in the Adobe forums.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1235549

I checked the CC 2015.5 plug-ins folder before I opened PS, that was
how I discovered the third party plug-ins hadn't made the move during
the install.
All my plug-ins are behaving as expected with the exception of the NIK
Collection. When using the NIK selective adjustment brush, I get an
alert which when cleared pops up a second time, and repeats this
everytime you move within the selected area. This is an annoying
interruption of my workflow, and Google doesn't have the direct
customer support for NIK or bug reporting that was availble before the
Google buyout.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_175.jpg

I don't hold out hope for a fix in the near future so I will probably
just live with it and just apply a mask to the NIK adjustment layer.

Savageduck

Old June 22nd 16, 12:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-06-21 23:15:43 +0000, Tony Cooper said:

wrote:

On 6/21/2016 1:05 PM, Savageduck wrote:
Just installed Photoshop CC 2015.5
Be advised it is a new release not an update, so all third party
plug-ins are not automatically reinstalled. So you either have to
relocate those plug-ins to the new plug-in folder, or reinstall all
third party plug-ins.

Thanks for the heads up,

I just moved NIK from my old CC2015 to CC2015.5 and it works fine.

There's a thread on this in the Adobe forums.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1235549

Didn't move it, btw, I copy/pasted.

I moved the contents of the PS CC 2015 plug-ins folder to the PS CC
2015.5 plug-ins folder as that was the only one left in the PS CC 2015
folder since I selected the 'remove CC 2015' option.

With the exception of the one NIK issue I referred to in my previous
post, all is well.

Savageduck