Ping Savageduck

Old June 19th 16, 09:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Ping Savageduck

Never mind the quality - feel the width!

https://www.facebook.com/Avspecs/pho...type=3&theater
or http://tinyurl.com/jy3t5y9

I doubt if anyone will ever get a shot like this again: a freshly
rebuilt Spifire XIV, *two* Brough Superiors and, in the background, a
Britten http://tinyurl.com/gv8onzb

Eric Stevens
Old June 20th 16, 12:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-06-19 20:49:08 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

Never mind the quality - feel the width!

https://www.facebook.com/Avspecs/pho...type=3&theater

or

http://tinyurl.com/jy3t5y9

I doubt if anyone will ever get a shot like this again: a freshly
rebuilt Spifire XIV, *two* Brough Superiors and, in the background, a
Britten http://tinyurl.com/gv8onzb

I don't subscribe to, or find anything about Facebook I am prepared to
tolerate!

....and all I get with #2 is a Photobucket page with an image which never loads.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_169.tif

Savageduck

Old June 20th 16, 02:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 2016-06-19 20:49:08 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

Never mind the quality - feel the width!

https://www.facebook.com/Avspecs/pho...type=3&theater

or

http://tinyurl.com/jy3t5y9

I doubt if anyone will ever get a shot like this again: a freshly
rebuilt Spifire XIV, *two* Brough Superiors and, in the background, a
Britten http://tinyurl.com/gv8onzb

I don't subscribe to, or find anything about Facebook I am prepared to
tolerate!

...and all I get with #2 is a Photobucket page with an image which never
loads.

Thought it was me.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_169.tif

--
PeterN
Old June 20th 16, 05:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sun, 19 Jun 2016 16:46:06 -0700, Savageduck

On 2016-06-19 20:49:08 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

Never mind the quality - feel the width!

https://www.facebook.com/Avspecs/pho...type=3&theater

or

http://tinyurl.com/jy3t5y9

I doubt if anyone will ever get a shot like this again: a freshly
rebuilt Spifire XIV, *two* Brough Superiors and, in the background, a
Britten http://tinyurl.com/gv8onzb

I don't subscribe to, or find anything about Facebook I am prepared to
tolerate!

I loathe it too but I follow it for the Av Specs news. If you couldn't
see my original link try this one

https://scontent.fakl1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...b6&oe=57D37193
or http://tinyurl.com/hggqytq

...and all I get with #2 is a Photobucket page with an image which never loads.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_169.tif

It's a photobucket page and I have no problems with it. Try this
entirely different image
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ten%201000.jpg
It's a crop from a screen shot so hopefully it will work.

Eric Stevens
Old June 20th 16, 05:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-06-19 20:49:08 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

Never mind the quality - feel the width!

https://www.facebook.com/Avspecs/pho...type=3&theater

or

http://tinyurl.com/jy3t5y9

doubt if anyone will ever get a shot like this again: a freshly
rebuilt Spifire XIV, *two* Brough Superiors and, in the background, a
Britten http://tinyurl.com/gv8onzb

I don't subscribe to, or find anything about Facebook I am prepared to
tolerate!

I loathe it too but I follow it for the Av Specs news. If you couldn't
see my original link try this one

https://scontent.fakl1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...b6&oe=57D37193

or

http://tinyurl.com/hggqytq

Yup! A pair of Brough Superiors, a Spitfire, and the bike in the
background. I wouldn't mind having one of those Broughs. The crotch
rocket not so much. The Spit one could dream about, but realistically I
don't have the resources to keep her in the manner she deserves.

...and all I get with #2 is a Photobucket page with an image which never loads.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_169.tif

It's a photobucket page and I have no problems with it. Try this
entirely different image
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ten%201000.jpg
It's a crop from a screen shot so hopefully it will work.

That works.

Savageduck

Old June 20th 16, 10:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Noons

On 20/06/2016 6:49 @wiz, Eric Stevens wrote:
Never mind the quality - feel the width!

https://www.facebook.com/Avspecs/pho...type=3&theater
or http://tinyurl.com/jy3t5y9

I doubt if anyone will ever get a shot like this again: a freshly
rebuilt Spifire XIV, *two* Brough Superiors and, in the background, a
Britten http://tinyurl.com/gv8onzb

Dunno about the Broughs, but I'll match your Spit and raise it to a
MkXVII (follow the arrows to see the lot):

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

That Gruman Avenger got me completely surprised. It is HUGE!!!!

Old June 20th 16, 12:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 6/20/2016 5:52 AM, Noons wrote:
On 20/06/2016 6:49 @wiz, Eric Stevens wrote:
Never mind the quality - feel the width!

https://www.facebook.com/Avspecs/pho...type=3&theater

or http://tinyurl.com/jy3t5y9

I doubt if anyone will ever get a shot like this again: a freshly
rebuilt Spifire XIV, *two* Brough Superiors and, in the background, a
Britten http://tinyurl.com/gv8onzb

Dunno about the Broughs, but I'll match your Spit and raise it to a
MkXVII (follow the arrows to see the lot):

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

That Gruman Avenger got me completely surprised. It is HUGE!!!!

They are built like tanks, but for only one purpose. According to a
friend of mine, who flew one, the controls were heavy, the plane
certainly was not nimble, but it was reliable. I suspect the Duck would
have more accurate information.

--
PeterN
Old June 20th 16, 03:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-06-20 11:04:17 +0000, PeterN said:

On 6/20/2016 5:52 AM, Noons wrote:
On 20/06/2016 6:49 @wiz, Eric Stevens wrote:
Never mind the quality - feel the width!

https://www.facebook.com/Avspecs/pho...type=3&theater

or

http://tinyurl.com/jy3t5y9

I doubt if anyone will ever get a shot like this again: a freshly
rebuilt Spifire XIV, *two* Brough Superiors and, in the background, a
Britten http://tinyurl.com/gv8onzb

Dunno about the Broughs, but I'll match your Spit and raise it to a
MkXVII (follow the arrows to see the lot):

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

That

Gruman Avenger got me completely surprised. It is HUGE!!!!

Yup! It is big, but I still don't use Facebook.

They are built like tanks, but for only one purpose. According to a
friend of mine, who flew one, the controls were heavy, the plane
certainly was not nimble, but it was reliable. I suspect the Duck would
have more accurate information.

There is a reason Grumman is called the "Iron Works".
The TBF "Avenger" was the heaviest single engine aircraft of WWII. It
had a normal crew of three. The internal bomb bay made it a dual
purpose torpedo/ground attack bomber which could carry a 14 foot long,
2200 Lb Torpedo, or a single 2,000 Lb bomb internally. Add to that wing
load points where it could carry a mix of bombs and/or rockets.

https://db.tt/7QadZLCM
https://db.tt/I5dwRwYt

Savageduck

Old June 20th 16, 03:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 6/20/2016 10:15 AM, Savageduck wrote:
On 2016-06-20 11:04:17 +0000, PeterN said:

[...]

While surfing the web I saw one for sale, that is in the process of
being restored. IIRC The seller is asking $359,999. I don't recall
whether the price was for the plane now, as is, or whether that price
was after restoration with a certificate of air worthiness.

--
PeterN
Old June 20th 16, 03:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
newshound

On 6/19/2016 9:49 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:
Never mind the quality - feel the width!

https://www.facebook.com/Avspecs/pho...type=3&theater
or http://tinyurl.com/jy3t5y9

I doubt if anyone will ever get a shot like this again: a freshly
rebuilt Spifire XIV, *two* Brough Superiors and, in the background, a
Britten http://tinyurl.com/gv8onzb

Lovely hardware, no points for composition.