No need to know anything..

Old January 13th 11, 03:51 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format
[email protected]

Default No need to know anything..

On 1/12/2011 8:36 PM, shiva das wrote:
In ers.com,
David wrote:

On 1/12/2011 5:16 AM Alan Browne spake thus:

On 2011.01.12 6:15 , wrote:

On 1/11/2011 4:56 PM, Alan Browne wrote:

On 2011.01.11 14:19 ,
wrote:

On 1/11/2011 8:12 AM, Alan Browne wrote:

Whatever. Focus on _your_ photography and don't worry about
others attitudes, and, IMO, you'll enjoy life and photography
much more.

Actually I've found helping other people and trying to teach
them things I understand improves my life more that focusing on
myself and my needs,

Certainly. But that isn't what I was addressing.

Above, I was replying to your statement:

" Actually you can see this very thing with some of the
'accomplished' photographers when reading these forums,
especially the Dslr ones. Unless you own brand X model Y with Z
lens, you can't possibly get decent results. "

That is something not worth worrying about.

Actually I don't "worry" and don't get into debates with them or
even read those forums anymore, its just those clowns perpetuate
this crap was my point. Most just parrot what the manufacturers
spew out.

Your language remains emotional. Waste.

You're chiding someone for having a strong opinion about something you
don't care much about: doesn't that strike you as a bit absurd? And
probably a waste as well?

Deaf ears, I'm afraid.

What I find odd is he is TELLING me I am upset about this after my
saying multiple times I'm not! lol Just was pointing out these online
clowns who debate their personal gear choices over minutia you can't see
in a print perpetuate this crap. Maybe a struck a nerve with him saying
that? :P

Stephey
Old January 13th 11, 10:39 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Noons

shiva das wrote,on my timestamp of 13/01/2011 2:47 PM:

On the other hand he has never been anything but a complete asshole on
any newsgroup I've had the misfortune to find him. If usenet weren't
completely moribund I'd killfile the ass-hat, but there are few enough
posts as it is...

Actually, you *should* killfile him. He's been nothing but an ignorant,
opinionated idiot since ever. Not worth it, busy Usenet or not.
Old January 13th 11, 02:56 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Alan Browne

On 2011.01.12 20:36 , shiva das wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Deaf ears, I'm afraid. Alan is a legend in his own mind, with the
correct opinion on everything, and the rest of us are not even dust on
his shoes.

Pity, I used to think Canadians were generally polite.

With such an arrogant answer I think you have some reflecting on
yourself to do.

--
gmail originated posts filtered due to spam.
Old January 13th 11, 03:09 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Alan Browne

On 2011.01.12 22:47 , shiva das wrote:

See, that's the thing. People like him believe that if anyone disagrees
with them it is due to either abysmal ignorance or extreme young age.

You see he _knows_ that you are in fact terribly upset, and that you are
abysmally ignorant of that fact. That's why he has to keep repeating it
-- eventually you will see the light and come around to the correct
(his) way of thinking.

I never said Stephe was ignorant, only that all of her posts on the
subject she started have been emotionally driven over something out of
her control. eg: not really worth getting lathered about. And every
retort of Stephe's repeats the emotional track again.

Do I care about Stephe's condition? Only to the point that if she'd
stop worrying about what all those nasty gear heads say, it would allow
her the peace to pursue more interesting photographic topics.

Ep

On the other hand he has never been anything but a complete asshole on
any newsgroup I've had the misfortune to find him. If usenet weren't
completely moribund I'd killfile the ass-hat, but there are few enough
posts as it is...

The ad hominem. The last refuge of the pathetic. Do please KF me.

--
gmail originated posts filtered due to spam.
Old January 13th 11, 06:31 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format
[email protected]

On 1/12/2011 10:47 PM, shiva das wrote:

You see he _knows_ that you are in fact terribly upset, and that you are
abysmally ignorant of that fact. That's why he has to keep repeating it
-- eventually you will see the light and come around to the correct
(his) way of thinking.

Pretty strange behavior. I've seen him act this way about his personal
gear choices or whether to shoot film or not etc but to claim he somehow
knows my emotional state better than I do? Only thing I can fathom is he
is one of the people I was referring to!

Stephey
Old January 13th 11, 06:35 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format
[email protected]

On 1/13/2011 9:09 AM, Alan Browne wrote:

Do I care about Stephe's condition? Only to the point that if she'd stop
worrying about what all those nasty gear heads say, it would allow her
the peace to pursue more interesting photographic topics.

Are you capable of admitting you could possibly be wrong about
anything? How can I be so worried about what they are saying when I
don't even read it? It's like saying I get upset about the news show I
didn't see. LOl fail logic there Alan.

Stephe
Old January 13th 11, 06:52 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format
[email protected]

On 1/13/2011 9:04 AM, Alan Browne wrote:
On 2011.01.12 21:51 , wrote:

What I find odd is he is TELLING me I am upset about this after my
saying multiple times I'm not! lol Just was pointing out these online
clowns who debate their personal gear choices over minutia you can't see
in a print perpetuate this crap. Maybe a struck a nerve with him saying
that? :P

Your language in every post on this is about YOUR being irritated over
something out of your control. Even in this latest reply of yours you
say: "Just was pointing out these online clowns who debate their
personal gear choices over minutia you can't see in a print perpetuate
this crap" - that's an emotional statement of the kind you keep
repeating. Really.

You're the one who brought up the subject. Don't be surprised when some
answers don't please you.

OK open your brain up to this concept..

I -was- irritated at my own inability to convince a friend a new
camera isn't a solution to their problem. I thought MAYBE someone here
had also run into this and found a good solution for when this happens
in the future.

Clearly you haven't, but then decided to play usenet psychologist and
explain to me that I am all upset and can't be at peace with myself over
some people online spreading this same misinformation. I think those
people are a waste of time, yet you continue to insist you couldn't
possibly have been wrong on your assessment of my emotional state.

Now how can totally forgetting about something I rarely even bring to
mind create some inner peace that is lacking in my life or have some
profound effect on my photography? I also find Sarah Palin irritating,
so I just ignore her nonsensical ramblings as well. But I can't forget
she even exists. I can't stop them from doing what they do, (THAT would
be a waste of time) but I can just avoid listening to them. How does
acknowledging something exists=inner turmoil?

Or is this just another case of Alan Brown is NEVER wrong?

Stephey
Old January 13th 11, 10:30 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Alan Browne

wrote:

[...]

Of course I have. And see my first reply to you. In essence, you (nor
I) can solve a broad marketing/advertising campaign that raises
expectations in people about equipment.

And you said what is more effective and rewarding to you: help and teach
people to be better at photography. Worrying about gearheads or people
who expect the camera to do everything never does.

but then decided to play usenet psychologist and
explain to me that I am all upset and can't be at peace with myself over
some people online spreading this same misinformation. I think those
people are a waste of time, yet you continue to insist you couldn't
possibly have been wrong on your assessment of my emotional state.

Don't take it beyond what I said. I said you're wasting time on it. The
"emotion" thing is driven by your own words. That's your choice of
course. My -advice- is to not worry over such things. And you can take
it or leave it as you see fit.

Now how can totally forgetting about something I rarely even bring to
mind create some inner peace that is lacking in my life or have some
profound effect on my photography? I also find Sarah Palin irritating,
so I just ignore her nonsensical ramblings as well. But I can't forget
she even exists. I can't stop them from doing what they do, (THAT would
be a waste of time) but I can just avoid listening to them. How does
acknowledging something exists=inner turmoil?

Your question was not about acknowledgment of somethings existence it
was about dealing with the something. Here is the beginning of the
opening sentence of your first post:

"Does anyone else ever get sick of how the public assumes
good camera = great images..." - Stephe, 2010.12.30

"Sick"? I know you meant that in the casual sense and not the literal,
but still it's an appeal to your feelings (irritation, frustration). Emotion

And since, as discussed, there is little we can do about how advertisers
set these expectations in people, it's really not worth getting too
irritated (or "sick") about.

Doesn't make it disappear. But not worth getting worked up over.

Or is this just another case of Alan Brown is NEVER wrong?

See my other post.

So, shot any MF/LF lately?

--
gmail originated posts filtered due to spam.