[SI] "FGS" 'Duck Comments

Old October 3rd 12, 02:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Savageduck[_3_]

Default [SI] "FGS" 'Duck Comments

On 2012-10-03 04:58:27 -0700, Bowser said:

On Wed, 3 Oct 2012 01:16:22 -0700, Savageduck

On 2012-10-02 22:15:10 -0700, tony cooper said:

On Tue, 2 Oct 2012 22:00:49 -0700, Savageduck

On 2012-10-02 21:35:44 -0700, Eric Stevens said:

On Tue, 2 Oct 2012 14:49:58 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

Eric Stevens:
FGS-01:
“F, G, & S” in one shot. Just not what I would call much more than a
parking lot shot.

Why not? It meets FGS to a T.

Absolutely! However it remains a shot of vehicles outside a business
establishment.

FGS-02:
Now this is an interesting and imaginative way to give us the mandate
required “F, G, & S”.
FGS-03:
Once more you manage to get all three letters into this shot. Who would
have thought there would be a Chinese restaurant called the “Fo Guang
Shan Temple” in of all places, Auckland. ;-)

Chinese Restaurant? Does it look like a restaurant?

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fo_Guan...mple,_Auckland

I see my attempt at humor failed.

Siddhartha Gautama Buddha will get you for that.

Is he related to the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

Buddha ate the Flying Spaghetti Monster, apparently.

At the Chinese restaurant in Auckland.

Savageduck

Old October 3rd 12, 03:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
PeterN

On 10/2/2012 8:56 PM, Robert Coe wrote:
On Tue, 2 Oct 2012 14:49:58 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:
: SI Mandate: http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letters_fgs
:
: ‘Duck comments:
: Once more we have the most of the usual suspects to deal with. Thanks
: for showing up guys!

: ...

: Bob Coe:
: FGS-01:
: Come on Bob! That is not surf. A pleasant enough shot, but surf?

Eastern surf. We take what nature offers us.

: FGS-02:
: OK! I will buy “Foam” for this one. Nicely executed, and captures what
: happens with waves pushing their way through a slot in the rocks.

Thanks! Thunder Hole is my favorite spot in the park. It's the only place I
remember from my first visit, about 60 years ago!

there is a sign that I wanted to add to my collection,, but my wife
commented in the negative way that only a spouse can.
The sign:
"Thunder Hole Restrooms"

--
Peter
Old October 4th 12, 07:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
sid

Savageduck wrote:

SI Mandate: http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letters_fgs

Sid:
FGS-01:
Nice pooch!

that's Delilah, our Spaniel

FGS-02:
This seascape is a great scene, but I find the blown patch of cloud in
the upper left not quite right, and I am not sure what could be done to
fix that. I like the way the light hits the foam around the rocks
contrasting with the grass and wild flowers going to the shoreline.
Perhaps a crop might help my sensitively here?
http://db.tt/aoI2g36h

You're right about the blown sky, I confess to having rushed all three, dare
I say it, the day after they were due.
this any better?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/92601884/%5B...FGS_sid_2a.jpg

That's Gull Rock by the way

FGS-03:
Nice berries, somewhat marred by focus issues. I am at a loss as to how
these fit the “FGS” mandate?

Fruit, with focus or without focus if you prefer.

cheers for commenting

--
sid
RLU 300284