Continuous Shooting (Fuji Finepix)

Old August 5th 08, 02:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ASAAR

Default Continuous Shooting (Fuji Finepix)

On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 11:22:32 -0700 (PDT), MIG wrote:

I have broken my Fuji Finepix A570 and can't afford to splash out much
to replace it.

Is it really an A570? DPReview doesn't have that model in their
Fuji database, and searching Google for "Finepix A570" returns only
one hit, which happens to be your OP. Perhaps it's an 'exclusive'
model? Several years ago I noticed that Walmart took one of Fuji's
cameras (IIRC, the A350), added a case, a charger and two NiMH AA
cells and sold it as a Finepix A360.

My problem is that when looking up the specs, I can't find any
information on the most stunningly useful feature*, which is the
continuous shooting mode.

I had a look at the Olympus X840, which I thought was similar spec but
more up to date, but it doesn't seem to have continuous shooting.

Maybe it's standard for Fuji Finepix and I am looking dripping out on
a reconditioned one, but this detail doesn't seem to be in the spec.

Is anyone familiar with which models at that end of the Fuji range
have continuous shooting?

Thanks.

The Finepix S5100/S5500 that I bought in 2004 had a Long Period
Continuous Shooting Mode that took up to 40 pictures. It was
replaced by the S5200/S5600 that had the same feature. This in turn
was replaced by the current model, the S700/S5700, which no longer
has the 40 frame limit. It can keep shooting until the xD or SD
card is filled. The Sxxx series cameras are somewhat larger than
the Axxx series cameras, but are much more capable, having full
manual control, a 10x zoom lens, perform more quickly and for
shooting outdoors, can get well over 1,000 shots per charge from its
AA batteries. Probably about 700 shots from alkalines. The S700 is
now selling for about 1/2 of its original price. B&H has it for
$159.95 and other reputable dealers (Adorama, TriState, Amazon) sell
it for $5 or $6 below that. This is about what the Axxx cameras
were selling for a year or two ago. While it's not as small as the
Axxx series cameras (it won't fit in a shirt pocket), don't be
fooled by its DSLR-like appearance. It's really quite small and
about 1/3 the weight of a comparable compact DSLR.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...al_Camera.html