5x7 Film Holder Dimensions.

Old February 29th 08, 03:21 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
[email protected]

Default 5x7 Film Holder Dimensions.

Hello,

Anyone out there happen to have the dimensions for a standard 5x7 film
holder? I'm reverse engineering a quick 5x7 box camera and thought I'd
get started on it the while I wait for a film holder I ordered online
to arrive.. Thanks
Old February 29th 08, 05:32 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
[email protected]

On Feb 28, 9:21 pm, wrote:
Hello,

Anyone out there happen to have the dimensions for a standard 5x7 film
holder? I'm reverse engineering a quick 5x7 box camera and thought I'd
get started on it the while I wait for a film holder I ordered online
to arrive.. Thanks

I should have been more specific.. I'm looking for the outside
dimensions only - length and width.

Thank You
Old March 7th 08, 06:43 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Richard Knoppow

wrote in message
On Feb 28, 9:21 pm, wrote:
Hello,

Anyone out there happen to have the dimensions for a
standard 5x7 film
holder? I'm reverse engineering a quick 5x7 box camera
and thought I'd
get started on it the while I wait for a film holder I
ordered online
to arrive.. Thanks

I should have been more specific.. I'm looking for the
outside
dimensions only - length and width.

Thank You

You might search for an ISO or NIST standard for this.
I have the film plane dimentions but not external ones. I
suspect there is no thickness standard because actual
holders vary a lot.
The position of the film window, width, and position of
the lock strip will be important. Length of the overhang on
the loading side also varies a lot among holders.

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Old March 7th 08, 07:37 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

http://home.earthlink.net/~eahoo/page8/filmhold.html

Old March 7th 08, 10:56 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Richard Knoppow

wrote in message
In article
,
wrote:

I should have been more specific.. I'm looking for the
outside
dimensions only - length and width.

http://home.earthlink.net/~eahoo/page8/filmhold.html

That's it, that is the ANSI standard I was talking
about. I had no idea it was on the web. Thanks very much for
posting this.
Note that the film position distance does NOT include
the thickness of the film, which is 0.007 inch for most
sheet film.

--
---
Richard Knoppow