Urgent: I need a Door or Cover for the battery/cf card for my DCS 760 (DCS 6XX or 7XX will do fine)

Old September 4th 07, 01:29 PM posted to rec.photo.marketplace,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
[email protected]

Default Urgent: I need a Door or Cover for the battery/cf card for my DCS 760 (DCS 6XX or 7XX will do fine)

Hi Everyone
I'm looking for the battery door/cover for my DCS 760.
Boy is she ugly without it! If anybody has one to sell
I'd love the chance to buy it.
Thanks very much
Javier

PS: If you have a parts camera I might also be interested.

Old September 5th 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.photo.marketplace,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
[email protected]

On Sep 4, 6:20 pm, SMS wrote:
wrote:
Hi Everyone
I'm looking for the battery door/cover for my DCS 760.
Boy is she ugly without it! If anybody has one to sell
I'd love the chance to buy it.
Thanks very much
Javier

PS: If you have a parts camera I might also be interested.

You might be able to fabricate a replacement from metal.

Look at what they did at
"http://nikon-repair.stonepics.com/nikon_battery_door_repair.htm" though
it renders the tripod unusable.

Thanks for the link.
Unfortunately the door on this one is a cup-like thing that could only
be moulded.
I am thinking of doing something with epoxy but I'm not sure yet.It
would be a heck
of a lot of work.

Old September 5th 07, 07:41 PM posted to rec.photo.marketplace,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Frank Arthur

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Sep 4, 6:20 pm, SMS wrote:
wrote:
Hi Everyone
I'm looking for the battery door/cover for my DCS 760.
Boy is she ugly without it! If anybody has one to sell
I'd love the chance to buy it.
Thanks very much
Javier

PS: If you have a parts camera I might also be interested.

You might be able to fabricate a replacement from metal.

Look at what they did at
"http://nikon-repair.stonepics.com/nikon_battery_door_repair.htm"
though
it renders the tripod unusable.

Thanks for the link.
Unfortunately the door on this one is a cup-like thing that could
only
be moulded.
I am thinking of doing something with epoxy but I'm not sure yet.It
would be a heck
of a lot of work.

Whew! It might be a "lot of work" to contact Kodak's Repair Parts
Dept. eh?

Old September 6th 07, 08:39 AM posted to rec.photo.marketplace,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
[email protected]

On Sep 5, 2:41 pm, "Frank Arthur" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

On Sep 4, 6:20 pm, SMS wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Dept. eh?- Hide quoted text -

Already did that way before posting here.