Apple cuts $50 off price for replacment phone batteries, sheepishly offers apology

Old January 1st 18, 09:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Apple cuts $50 off price for replacment phone batteries, sheepishly offers apology

In article , PeterN
wrote:

My 5s was a lot faster in speech to text.

except that siri recognition is done server side, not on the phone.
Old January 1st 18, 09:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jan 1, 2018, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 1/1/2018 2:15 PM, nospam wrote:
In , PeterN
wrote:

most people get a new phone in 2 years, so the battery will outlast the
useful life of the phone.

Cite please.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-l...grade-phones-c
hart-2017-3
According to a recent report from the analyst firm Kantar Worldpanel,
American users held onto their smartphones for an average of 22.7
months before upgrading in 2016, up by nearly two months from 2014.
The difference is just as big in many major European markets.

and a nice pretty graph:
http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/58b898a2be967306018b45dd-1200

Average is not equal to most. The only reason I got a new phone is that
I wanted a larger screen, and am just starting to learn some of the
photo apps..

What photo apps are you using on your iPhone?

Along with the Adobe mobile apps; PS Fix, PS Mix, PS Express, & Lightroom
Mobile/CC there are a few other photo apps to play with on your phone.

Take a look at ProCamera, Snapseed, Pixelmator for starters.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/procamera/id694647259
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/snapseed/id439438619
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pixelmator/id924695435

Also, if you are using an iPad take a look at Affinity Photo for iPad.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/affinity-photo/id1117941080

Savageduck

Old January 1st 18, 09:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

wrote:

[...]

I have been playing with LR, Focus, Photoshop Express, Photoblur, &
Snapseed. There are tons of others, but I am taking baby steps.

--
PeterN