Here's your chance to blast me.

Old April 22nd 06, 06:06 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default Here's your chance to blast me.

Well, I finally got around to posting some of my pictures on the internet,
so here's your chance to jump all over my fanny and get a good laugh at my
efforts.....They are at:
http://www.pbase.com/w_e_graham

I wish I could remember exactly what lens I used for each of them, but I
failed to take any notes, so I don't know.....

Old April 22nd 06, 05:05 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

http://www.pbase.com/w_e_graham

What ! you spend months scanning and you put up ten images? this is not the
time to be conservative, show more !

Old April 22nd 06, 05:15 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 22:06:35 -0700, "William Graham"
wrote:

Well, I finally got around to posting some of my pictures on the internet,
so here's your chance to jump all over my fanny and get a good laugh at my
efforts.....They are at:
http://www.pbase.com/w_e_graham

I wish I could remember exactly what lens I used for each of them, but I
failed to take any notes, so I don't know.....

I'd have to say that's a fairly lame collection. Sorry.
Disneyland. I coulda guessed.

rafe b
www.terrapinphoto.com
Old April 22nd 06, 05:27 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

William Graham wrote:

Well, I finally got around to posting some of my pictures on the internet,
so here's your chance to jump all over my fanny and get a good laugh at my
efforts.....They are at:
http://www.pbase.com/w_e_graham

I wish I could remember exactly what lens I used for each of them, but I
failed to take any notes, so I don't know.....

Thanks William,
USS_Braine & Ghost_car are spectacular. Some of the others are a bit
dull. The reduced versions are not too sharp looking, the 'originals'
are great but then there's all that darn dust from the scanning.

I'd love to see more. Recent work would be even more relevant. Remind
us, roughly what your equiptment kit was?

--
Paul Furman
http://www.edgehill.net/1
Old April 22nd 06, 09:08 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Paul Furman" wrote in message
et...
William Graham wrote:

Well, I finally got around to posting some of my pictures on the
internet, so here's your chance to jump all over my fanny and get a good
laugh at my efforts.....They are at:
http://www.pbase.com/w_e_graham

I wish I could remember exactly what lens I used for each of them, but I
failed to take any notes, so I don't know.....

Thanks William,
USS_Braine & Ghost_car are spectacular. Some of the others are a bit dull.
The reduced versions are not too sharp looking, the 'originals' are great
but then there's all that darn dust from the scanning.

I'd love to see more. Recent work would be even more relevant. Remind us,
roughly what your equiptment kit was?

The two Disneyland shots were taken around 1982 with a Nikkormat EL W and
probably a 50 mm f/1.8 lens. The Navy ship was taken with a Leica IIIf....I
don't remember what lens I had at the time. - It was taken around 1957. The
others are more recent...Taken in the last two or three years with an F5 and
probably my 75-150 E type lens.

Old April 22nd 06, 09:11 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Joseph Kewfi" wrote in message
http://www.pbase.com/w_e_graham

What ! you spend months scanning and you put up ten images? this is not
the
time to be conservative, show more !

I will.....It took me a lot of time to clean up the older images....It's
unbelievable how much crap they had on the negatives.....I just signed up
with pBase yesterday too, so it's taking me a while to figure out how to
post images there......

Old April 23rd 06, 06:42 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Actually, the Disneyland scene with the Matterhorn and Skyway "buckets"
is great. The buckets were taken out a few years ago, due to lawyer
concerns.

Bill, that shot is one of the best ones that I've seen of them, with the
exception of a postcard from sometime in the 1960s taken from about the
same spot. You have a good eye.

Best Regards,

DAve
Old April 23rd 06, 07:43 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"William Graham" wrote:

The Navy ship was taken with a Leica IIIf....I don't remember
what lens I had at the time. - It was taken around 1957.

"Again in 1957, the BRAINE, in command of Destroyer Division 212, made a
cruise to the Far East. Ports of call included Melbourne, Australia, Guam,
Yokosuka, Kobe and Hong Kong. The BRAINE returned to the states in October
1957 and participated with DesDiv 211 in local fleet operations. CDR Donald
A. Henning, USN assumed command on 24 October 1957."

http://www.ussbrainedd630.com

The sections "Okinawa - A Fiery Sunday Morning" followed by "Eye witness to
Carnage" are an especially good read. Sometimes we lose sight of the
sacrifices endured by those upon whose shoulders we so comfortably rest...

Ken

Old April 23rd 06, 08:07 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Ken Nadvornick" wrote in message
"William Graham" wrote:

The Navy ship was taken with a Leica IIIf....I don't remember
what lens I had at the time. - It was taken around 1957.

"Again in 1957, the BRAINE, in command of Destroyer Division 212, made a
cruise to the Far East. Ports of call included Melbourne, Australia, Guam,
Yokosuka, Kobe and Hong Kong. The BRAINE returned to the states in October
1957 and participated with DesDiv 211 in local fleet operations. CDR
Donald
A. Henning, USN assumed command on 24 October 1957."

http://www.ussbrainedd630.com

The sections "Okinawa - A Fiery Sunday Morning" followed by "Eye witness
Carnage" are an especially good read. Sometimes we lose sight of the
sacrifices endured by those upon whose shoulders we so comfortably rest...

Ken

Yes.....I took no part in the above. I was stationed on the Braine from 1956
to 1960....Conveniently in between the Korean conflict, and Vietnam. We made
three cruises to the Orient. One of them took us to Suva in the Fiji Islands
and to Melbourne, Australia.... The Braine was a great ship to make those
cruises on, but she was later sold or given to the Argentine government, and
still later, was used as a target for a cruise missile, and sunk in the
South Pacific somewhere.

Old April 23rd 06, 08:15 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"DaveW" wrote in message
Actually, the Disneyland scene with the Matterhorn and Skyway "buckets" is
great. The buckets were taken out a few years ago, due to lawyer concerns.

Bill, that shot is one of the best ones that I've seen of them, with the
exception of a postcard from sometime in the 1960s taken from about the
same spot. You have a good eye.

Best Regards,

DAve

Thanks. - I don't remember taking it, but the two people in the foreground
were my girlfriend and her daughter, so it must be mine. Looking at it now,
I wish I had had a slightly shorter focal length lens, so I could have
gotten the top of the Matterhorn.....If I could go back there today, I would
probably have a zoom lens, and compose it a little better. But of all my
Disneyland shots, this one turned out the best.....