How To Find The Best Digital Camera

Old August 8th 06, 11:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
laramarket

Default How To Find The Best Digital Camera

Hi,

It seems that every month, if not every week, different
manufacturers are coming up with the latest digital cameras to
entice potential clients. And it's just not working for us!

After spending sizeable amount of time at the mall figuring out
which is the best digital camera for us, we finally have enough
money to buy for that eye-popping, 7 mega pixel, 10x digital
zoom, potable, candy colored, up to 512MB expandable memory of
super hi-speed SD memory card and not to mention very portable,
(that will be the envy of almost everyone we know).

We march to
the mall armed with our life savings and lotsa pride in
ourselves, when we pass by a new display - an eight mega pixel,
up to 1G expandable memory, with built it mic and stereo
surround, video playback capable, with 22 scenic modes
kind-of-camera. And we sigh because the producer of this amazing
gadget claims that this is the best digital camera yet out in
the market. And so as we always want to have the best, armed
with our life savings and a few credit cards, we buy the "best
digital camera." But then again, that doesn't last too long,
after two months or so, there's another "best digital camera."

And so it confuses us. What makes a digital camera, the best
digital camera?

Well, there are certain factors to consider when looking for the
"best digital camera" for us.

MEGAPIXELS. One of the most important features of digital camera
to make it into the best digital camera category is its mega
pixel property. The higher the mega pixels the better the actual
photograph will come out. A mega pixel is equivalent to one
million pixels. The resolution of your image is based upon the
mega pixel property of your camera. This means that as you
enlarge the picture, you would get more detail and less blurry
colors.

LCD SIZE. The best digital camera will always have a large LCD
to help you frame your subject without having to squint to the
viewfinder. This is also helpful when reviewing your images,
some cameras enable touch up and editing features with its LCD.
A 1.5-inch display is average, a 2-inch LCD display is good, but
the best LCD size would be 2.5 inches or higher.

ZOOM. Most digital cameras have both digital and optical zoom. A
higher optical zoom is always better than a higher digital zoom.
Digital cameras are usually furnished with optical of between 3x
to 10x. The better the optical zoom, the higher it climbs up to
the best digital camera category.

MEMORY CARD. Always make sure that your memory card is the right
one for your digital camera. There are different types of memory
card like the xD, SD, Flash card and the likes. And these types
of memory cards go with certain types of digital cameras. of
course memory storage is also up there in choosing the best
digital cameras. Choose the size of memory that you need, if
you're a photo junkie, you might need more than 32MB. Memory
cards can go up to 1G.

The key point to find the best digital camera is to find one
that will best fit you and your lifestyle. Don't just buy the
latest or the one that claims they are the best digital cameras
out in the market. You wouldn't want to buy a DSLR and use it
with your home activities or family outing and have to lug it
around?! Or you don't want to buy the latest point and shoot
camera when you're serious about being a professional
photographer. (Of course, you can use this for starters, but if
you're not a novice photographer anymore, you wouldn't want to
get this kind of camera.)

Actually, the best digital camera is the one that you will enjoy
and use. Not the type that you'll just leave rotting in its box
or after a few weeks of usage or so, up there in the attic.

Best warmly,
Juste

Click the link below to see all High-Performance
Casio Digital Cameras items:
http://casio-digital-camera.lidari.com

Old August 8th 06, 11:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill Funk

On 8 Aug 2006 15:28:17 -0700, "laramarket"
wrote:

Hi,

It seems that every month, if not every week, different
manufacturers are coming up with the latest digital cameras to
entice potential clients. And it's just not working for us!

Memory cards can go up to a whole megabyte! WOW!

Did you write this a long time ago, and just remember you had it?
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"