Sony Alpha's anti-dust and DR comp = NG?

Old August 12th 06, 06:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

Default Sony Alpha's anti-dust and DR comp = NG?

http://www.ephotozine.com/equipment/...fm?test_id=468

Old August 12th 06, 07:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
G.T.

RichA wrote:
http://www.ephotozine.com/equipment/...fm?test_id=468

It doesn't look like Olympus' anti-dust works very well, either. I sure
wouldn't trust it by itself.

Greg

--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine
Old August 12th 06, 05:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Frank B

I had an Olympus E300 and then an Olympus E500 and found the dust
removal system to be very effective. I never had to clean the sensor.

Bill wrote:
G.T. wrote:

http://www.ephotozine.com/equipment/...fm?test_id=468

It doesn't look like Olympus' anti-dust works very well, either. I sure
wouldn't trust it by itself.

The anti-dust "shake" techniques are very ineffective at best, and a
marketing gimmick at worst.

If you want a clean sensor, you have to take steps to clean it manually
(just like it says in the manual for the Olympus cameras).

Old August 12th 06, 06:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
G.T.

Frank B wrote:
I had an Olympus E300 and then an Olympus E500 and found the dust
removal system to be very effective. I never had to clean the sensor.

Did you ever bother checking the sensor? Thought not.

Greg

Old August 12th 06, 07:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

G.T. wrote:
RichA wrote:
http://www.ephotozine.com/equipment/...fm?test_id=468

It doesn't look like Olympus' anti-dust works very well, either. I sure
wouldn't trust it by itself.

Greg

At best it buys you some extra time.

Old August 12th 06, 10:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

Frank B wrote:
I had an Olympus E300 and then an Olympus E500 and found the dust
removal system to be very effective. I never had to clean the sensor.

If you don't change lenses often,
If you don't check for dust (small aperture, oof, light BG)

then it isn't put to the test.

Don't top post.

Cheers,
Alan