hear ye, hear ye.help is needed.......

Old August 27th 06, 03:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
estella aguilar

Default hear ye, hear ye.help is needed.......

hello there, just a new amatuer trying to make a living. i want to do my
first wedding shoot.i want to make sure i purchased the correct lenses. i
have a rebel xt 350d. i just ordered a lens i havent used but, i was
recommended by customer service at ritz camera, canon17-40Lseries. although i
was interested a 17-85 that one wasnt in stock.i hope i didnt make a mistake
and that the lens i did buy will fullfill my needs. my next question??? can
anyone tell me what zoom lens i can walk around with at a wedding? there is
some i have in mind canon or sigma 70-200 will that work?any cons about sigma.
i want the best, i wouldnt want to waste money, especially with me tryin to
get ahead start.but i do have the money to spend at this time. i just want
heads up. thanks estella

--
estella aguilar

Old August 27th 06, 06:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Randall Ainsworth

In article 655fc97940978@uwe, estella aguilar u25806@uwe wrote:

hello there, just a new amatuer trying to make a living. i want to do my
first wedding shoot.i want to make sure i purchased the correct lenses. i
have a rebel xt 350d. i just ordered a lens i havent used but, i was
recommended by customer service at ritz camera, canon17-40Lseries. although i
was interested a 17-85 that one wasnt in stock.i hope i didnt make a mistake
and that the lens i did buy will fullfill my needs. my next question??? can
anyone tell me what zoom lens i can walk around with at a wedding? there is
some i have in mind canon or sigma 70-200 will that work?any cons about sigma.
i want the best, i wouldnt want to waste money, especially with me tryin to
get ahead start.but i do have the money to spend at this time. i just want
heads up. thanks estella

If you're only concerned about the do-dads, you've got bigger problems.
Old August 27th 06, 06:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

estella aguilar wrote:
hello there, just a new amatuer trying to make a living. i want to do my
first wedding shoot.i want to make sure i purchased the correct lenses. i
have a rebel xt 350d. i just ordered a lens i havent used but, i was
recommended by customer service at ritz camera, canon17-40Lseries. although i
was interested a 17-85 that one wasnt in stock.i hope i didnt make a mistake
and that the lens i did buy will fullfill my needs. my next question??? can
anyone tell me what zoom lens i can walk around with at a wedding? there is
some i have in mind canon or sigma 70-200 will that work?any cons about sigma.
i want the best, i wouldnt want to waste money, especially with me tryin to
get ahead start.but i do have the money to spend at this time. i just want
heads up. thanks estella

I suggest you read a few hundred posts. All these questions, and more,
have been hashed over recently.

Best of luck,

--
john mcwilliams
Old August 27th 06, 09:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
ASAAR

On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 22:23:42 -0700, Randall Ainsworth wrote:

hello there, just a new amatuer trying to make a living. i want to do my
first wedding shoot.i want to make sure i purchased the correct lenses. i
have a rebel xt 350d. i just ordered a lens i havent used but, i was
recommended by customer service at ritz camera, canon17-40Lseries. although i
was interested a 17-85 that one wasnt in stock.i hope i didnt make a mistake
and that the lens i did buy will fullfill my needs. my next question??? can
anyone tell me what zoom lens i can walk around with at a wedding? there is
some i have in mind canon or sigma 70-200 will that work?any cons about sigma.
i want the best, i wouldnt want to waste money, especially with me tryin to
get ahead start.but i do have the money to spend at this time. i just want
heads up. thanks estella

If you're only concerned about the do-dads, you've got bigger problems.

Exactly where did she say that she was concerned with "do-dads",
let alone *only* concerned with them? That is, unless you consider
lenses, including L series zooms to be "do-dads". The only problem
I can see that she might have is knowing which advise to listen to
and which to ignore. Generally, if the message header contains
"Ainsworth" in the From: field, it's well worth ignoring, as you
rarely convey useful, helpful information due to your own bigger
problems. As a former wedding photographer one would think you'd be
able to offer quite a bit of constructive help rather than the usual
destructive criticism you seem to thrive on.

Old August 27th 06, 01:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Battleax

"Randall Ainsworth" wrote in message
[...]

You are a sad and ignorant old man

Old August 27th 06, 04:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Randall Ainsworth

In article , ASAAR
wrote:

Exactly where did she say that she was concerned with "do-dads",
let alone *only* concerned with them? That is, unless you consider
lenses, including L series zooms to be "do-dads". The only problem
I can see that she might have is knowing which advise to listen to
and which to ignore. Generally, if the message header contains
"Ainsworth" in the From: field, it's well worth ignoring, as you
rarely convey useful, helpful information due to your own bigger
problems. As a former wedding photographer one would think you'd be
able to offer quite a bit of constructive help rather than the usual
destructive criticism you seem to thrive on.

All the post talked about was "the stuff." I've got this lens and this
thing and is this OK?

All that crap doesn't matter.

And after the hundreds of weddings I've done through they years,
there's no way that I or anyone could impart much through a newsgroup
message. It's been my experience that amateurs don't really want to
learn how to do photography right.
Old August 27th 06, 05:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ASAAR

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 08:34:54 -0700, Randall Ainsworth wrote:

[...]

Now it is clear that what we have here,
is a mean and bitter old coot,
so grant us a boon,
fly off on your broom,
we'd rather have cunning than cute.

Old August 27th 06, 06:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
estella aguilar via PhotoKB.com

Randall Ainsworth wrote:
hello there, just a new amatuer trying to make a living. i want to do my
first wedding shoot.i want to make sure i purchased the correct lenses. i

[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
get ahead start.but i do have the money to spend at this time. i just want
heads up. thanks estella

If you're only concerned about the do-dads, you've got bigger problems.

you must be having a wonder life.God bless you

--
estella aguilar

Old August 27th 06, 06:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

John McWilliams wrote:
hello there, just a new amatuer trying to make a living. i want to do my
first wedding shoot.i want to make sure i purchased the correct lenses. i

[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
get ahead start.but i do have the money to spend at this time. i just want
heads up. thanks estella

I suggest you read a few hundred posts. All these questions, and more,
have been hashed over recently.

Best of luck,
thanks for the reply, there is just so many threads to read. i tried but its kind of hard with a two yr. on your lap. but i'll try to continue thanks.

--
estella aguilar

Old August 27th 06, 07:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

ASAAR wrote:
Exactly where did she say that she was concerned with "do-dads",
let alone *only* concerned with them? That is, unless you consider

[quoted text clipped - 16 lines]
message. It's been my experience that amateurs don't really want to
learn how to do photography right.

Now it is clear that what we have here,
is a mean and bitter old coot,
so grant us a boon,
fly off on your broom,
we'd rather have cunning than cute.

yes, i do want to learn right, but i guess , i wont expect help from you ,
although i opened to your opininions always wanting to learn new things, i
find it worth my time,and im always up for a challange. about being a old
coot, im only 22, but i know if i ever turned into old coot realistically my
beauty would tranfer from my face right into my heart. i suppose not all
people are that fortunate. God bless you

--
estella aguilar