Enet sales,Nikon D300 Bait & Switch

Old February 4th 08, 04:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Col. Joe Levinson

Default Enet sales,Nikon D300 Bait & Switch

I have attempted to purchase a Niikon D300 from 4 different Enet
Advertisers. Each time they take my order, they respond with multiple
combinations that far exceed their original Advertised Quote. On one
occassion w/ Bestpricecameras.com, I was told the order would be
shipped and then they called and asked if I would like to add
batteries for the D300 and DB-10. I said no.
Suddenly the order was cancelled and back ordered. This happened
three times with them and 3 other on line sellers. I have turned one
in to the FTC. Any other suggestions?
Old February 4th 08, 04:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
nospam

In article
,
Col. Joe Levinson wrote:

I have attempted to purchase a Niikon D300 from 4 different Enet
Advertisers. Each time they take my order, they respond with multiple
combinations that far exceed their original Advertised Quote. On one
occassion w/ Bestpricecameras.com, I was told the order would be
shipped and then they called and asked if I would like to add
batteries for the D300 and DB-10. I said no.
Suddenly the order was cancelled and back ordered. This happened
three times with them and 3 other on line sellers. I have turned one
in to the FTC. Any other suggestions?

don't waste your time with sleazy companies. they'll only sell it to
you if you buy the overpriced accessories that are actually included
with the camera. otherwise it's 'suddenly out of stock.'
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Best_Price_Cameras_6

purchase it from a reputable dealer, such as b&h:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/
Old February 4th 08, 05:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Jürgen Exner

"Col. Joe Levinson" wrote:
I have attempted to purchase a Niikon D300 from 4 different Enet

What is Enet?

Advertisers. Each time they take my order, they respond with multiple
combinations that far exceed their original Advertised Quote. On one
occassion w/ Bestpricecameras.com, I was told the order would be
shipped and then they called and asked if I would like to add
batteries for the D300 and DB-10. I said no.
Suddenly the order was cancelled and back ordered. This happened
three times with them and 3 other on line sellers. I have turned one
in to the FTC. Any other suggestions?

I am surprised that you have missed the frequent warnings in the photo NGs
about those slime bags. You may want to check out the reports on
http://www.resellerratings.com, e.g.
http://www.resellerratings.com/store...rice_Cameras_6 for
BestPriceCameras which surprise, surprise also use several other names.

jue

Old February 4th 08, 10:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Don Wiss

On Mon, 04 Feb 2008, Jürgen Exner wrote:

"Col. Joe Levinson" wrote:
I have attempted to purchase a Niikon D300 from 4 different Enet
Advertisers.

What is Enet?

Yes, who? Some of those price search engines have been set up by the
Brooklyn camera dealers. They then only highlight themselves and give
themselves glowing, but phony, reviews. You find their search engines from
the google ads that they buy when you search for a specific camera.

As the others have replied, ResellerRatings.com is your friend.

Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).
Old February 4th 08, 02:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Rebecca Ore

In article ,
nospam wrote:

purchase it from a reputable dealer, such as b&h:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

I highly recommend this company. Ritz Camera is also responsible and
reliable. If you're in the DC area, Penn Camera is good (and may do
mail order).

Sometimes local camera stores will have what you want in stock and if
the price isn't more than $40 over mail order, being able to handle the
camera is an advantage.
Old February 4th 08, 03:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Frank Arthur

"Col. Joe Levinson" wrote in message
I have attempted to purchase a Niikon D300 from 4 different Enet
Advertisers. Each time they take my order, they respond with
multiple
combinations that far exceed their original Advertised Quote. On
one
occassion w/ Bestpricecameras.com, I was told the order would be
shipped and then they called and asked if I would like to add
batteries for the D300 and DB-10. I said no.
Suddenly the order was cancelled and back ordered. This happened
three times with them and 3 other on line sellers. I have turned
one
in to the FTC. Any other suggestions?

Yes. Learn from the many people before you who complained.
When you buy from sleazy advertisers offering impossibly low prices
who make impossible promises you get what you get.