lens caps ?

Old February 4th 04, 04:41 PM
James Dunn

Default lens caps ?

Nick Zentena wrote:
Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:

I have a principle that if I can't find something it is because I don't need it.

Usually the rule is that you only find things you don't need. When you
need them they go into hiding.

Nick

Thanks for all the wisdom. The only one I had was
"You always find what you're looking for in the last place you look"

Old February 4th 04, 04:56 PM
Nicholas O. Lindan

"Nick Zentena" wrote:

Usually the rule is that you only find things you don't need. When you
need them they go into hiding.

Sounds like an unhappy rule.

--
Nick Lindan

Old February 4th 04, 05:15 PM
Nick Zentena

Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:

"Nick Zentena" wrote:

Usually the rule is that you only find things you don't need. When you
need them they go into hiding.

Sounds like an unhappy rule.

Na I just stop looking for whatever and suddenly I'll trip over it. Other
then the risk of falling it's great.

Nick
Old February 4th 04, 07:00 PM
Nicholas O. Lindan

"Nick Zentena" wrote:

Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:
"Nick Zentena" wrote:
Usually the rule is that you only find things you don't need. When you
need them they go into hiding.

Sounds like an unhappy rule.

Na I just stop looking for whatever

Aha, like I said: Can't find it -- then stop looking 'cause you don't need it.

and suddenly I'll trip over it.

Then you it turns out you do need it after all, and there it is!

--
Nick Lindan

"What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind ..."
-James Danforth Quayle

Old February 5th 04, 01:06 PM
otzi

"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote in message
link.net...
"Nick Zentena" wrote:

Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:
"Nick Zentena" wrote:
Usually the rule is that you only find things you don't need. When

you
need them they go into hiding.
Sounds like an unhappy rule.

Na I just stop looking for whatever

Aha, like I said: Can't find it -- then stop looking 'cause you don't need

it.

and suddenly I'll trip over it.

Then you it turns out you do need it after all, and there it is!

--
Nick Lindan

"What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind ..."
-James Danforth Quayle

I find that things at times go on vocation. They are never lost for they
will turn up in their own good time. Sort of like the family cat. Likewise
when out bush walking one is never lost, maybe temporarily confused.

otzi

Old February 5th 04, 02:20 PM
Nicholas O. Lindan

"otzi" wrote.

when out bush walking one is never lost, maybe temporarily confused.

It is impossible to get really lost: a random walk on a 2-d surface,
even in the surface is infinite, will _always_ return to the origin,
though it may take forever. A random walk on a bounded surface will
return to the origin without much ado.

However, a random walk (er, swim) in a 3-d space only has a 1/3
chance of returning to the origin.

American Indian saying: "One is never lost, but sometimes the
path wanders away."
Old February 6th 04, 12:23 AM
DuganFoto

Most of the used LF lenses listed on ebay don't seem to have lens caps.
Do most LF photographers not use them ?

I usually end up leaving my lens caps on nearby rocks.
So, if you're setting up for an awesome shot, and you look around and find a
lens cap on a nearby rock....
It's mine!

Doug Allen
Old February 7th 04, 02:59 AM
Robert S. Dean

jjs wrote:

In article .net,
"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote:

"jjs" wrote
[...]

I read a different sci-fi story:

Inanimate objects metamorphose with time -- paper clips grow up to become
coat hangers and explains is why the paper clip box is empty and the closet
is full of coat hangers. [...]

Yep! I read it too, and it went more the way you describe it. Wish I knew
who wrote it.

"Or All the Seas With Oysters..." by Avram Davidson.

(Asking in rec.arts.sf.written would confirm that. (-: )

Rob Dean