Weird pattern in D70 images

Old October 2nd 04, 04:44 PM
Mick Brown

Default Weird pattern in D70 images

Hi Guys,

I dont know if anyone can help me, but I'm getting a weird pattern in some
of my photos when using the 2 X converter. The main subject is fine but the
pattern is in the background where its blurred out.

I have a D70 and I'm using a 70-200 2.8 VR with the 2X (TCIIE)

Here is an example

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?p...747627&size=lg

Old October 2nd 04, 05:02 PM
Randall Ainsworth

In article , Mick
Brown wrote:

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?p...747627&size=lg

Probably caused by a strangely shaped aperture.
Old October 2nd 04, 05:16 PM
kreb

"Mick Brown" wrote in message
Hi Guys,

I dont know if anyone can help me, but I'm getting a weird pattern in some
of my photos when using the 2 X converter. The main subject is fine but
the
pattern is in the background where its blurred out.

Keith said:

Could be poor quality or bad lens.

It also looks like it could be f stop error.

You are giving little data that can be used.

Keith

Old October 2nd 04, 08:58 PM
MikeS

Keith said:

Could be poor quality or bad lens.

It also looks like it could be f stop error.

You are giving little data that can be used.

Keith

I have a D70 and I'm using a 70-200 2.8 VR with the 2X (TCIIE)

Here is an example

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?p...747627&size=lg

I'm not sure about this but are there two setting for VR lenses (one for
tracking racing cars etc. horizontal stabelising)VR and one for non tracting
VR for (say a shot of the batsman). as it lookes as though parts of the
image thats out of focus has camera shake but the subject is spot on focus.
Just an idea could be wrong. Are you sure its not a double exposure?
MikeS

Old October 2nd 04, 09:08 PM
Mark M

"Mick Brown" wrote in message
Hi Guys,

I dont know if anyone can help me, but I'm getting a weird pattern in some
of my photos when using the 2 X converter. The main subject is fine but

the
pattern is in the background where its blurred out.

I have a D70 and I'm using a 70-200 2.8 VR with the 2X (TCIIE)

Here is an example

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?p...747627&size=lg

Could you post another example where you don't have as busy a background?
-Perhaps with some less-busy areas?
It would be interesting to see what appears when there aren't so many tiny
things like leaves...mixed with so many highlights.

Old October 2nd 04, 09:19 PM
Roland Karlsson

Randall Ainsworth wrote in
:

Probably caused by a strangely shaped aperture.

My thought also. It is 45 degree stripes.
Something is weird with the aperture.

/Roland
Old October 3rd 04, 08:23 AM
MikeS

"Mick Brown" wrote in message
Hi Guys,

I dont know if anyone can help me, but I'm getting a weird pattern in some
of my photos when using the 2 X converter. The main subject is fine but
the
pattern is in the background where its blurred out.

I have a D70 and I'm using a 70-200 2.8 VR with the 2X (TCIIE)

Here is an example

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?p...747627&size=lg

Mick

Why don't you ask a question on http://www.dpreview.com/ the D70 has a forum
all to its self?

MikeS

Old October 3rd 04, 02:27 PM
Mick Brown

After some investigation of more images I noticed the pattern (not as
pronounced though), in a few that I hadn't used the converter, It may be
something to do with the active or normal setting on the VR lens...I will do
some more testing in the next day or so.

My theory is, if it was on the setting used for panning, and I wasn't
panning, as the subjects were reasonably still then that may have caused the
pattern...will keep you updated (if you are all interested anyway )

Mick Brown

Determined to get the hang of these new fang dangled gadgets if it kills
me!!!